4 to 5 lug conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Mufasa View Post
    That's how it starts throwing money at it... Id buy a complete e30 with swap 5 lug and the works. Their are plenty of guys here with nice rides they would sell.

Dont be the money guy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1zmC...ture=endscreen
    You're saying don't be the guy who dumps a bunch of money into it first, that I should just buy someone else's ride with the work already done at a lower price than what it would cost to do all the work myself.

hmm i like that idea, but the fact that i love my car tho, and it would be hard parting with it...

I do see what you are saying tho
    '99 e46 323i - wrecked
    '87 e30 325iS - sold
    '91 e30 325i - sold
    '89 e30 M3 - fun car
    '09 e91 328i - sold
    '97 impreza - rally car - flipped
    '08 impreza - new rally car
    '01 996 tt - more fun car
    '82 Ford f350 - work truck

Comment

Buying someone else's project is usually not a good idea. Why are they parting with the project after so many hours and $? Did they do all the work they claim or did they pay someone to hack it?

Personally I like knowing that I have wrenched on all the bolts on my car so when something goes wrong or breaks only person i can blame is myself.

Comment

Tires are the limiting factor of how well your car stops. Can you get into abs on a stock 4 lug system by pushing the pedal hard? Of course you can. What is a heavy, expensive 5 lug swap going to do to improve that? Nothing.

Save your money.
        Kevin Doyle
        KD Motorsports
        KD.Motorsports@yahoo.com
        9175 Willows Rd NE
        Redmond, WA 98052
        (425)556-9076

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
          Buying someone else's project is usually not a good idea. Why are they parting with the project after so many hours and $? Did they do all the work they claim or did they pay someone to hack it?

Personally I like knowing that I have wrenched on all the bolts on my car so when something goes wrong or breaks only person i can blame is myself.
          Yeah but I can tell you from expirience I spent like 10k on my car just adding and adding to it and then changing and then replacing, and it all started with some nice 5 lug wheels that I could have just redrilled...

why they part their ride out?? becouse alot money went into it that they may not see back right away. Takes time to find the right buyer.

Iam pretty sure alot of these guys here put alot of hard work pain and love into their rides, that have sentimental value and are willing to help out if something breaks.

Iam saving and waiting for a nice v8 swap to go for sale :)

Comment

Originally posted by King Mufasa View Post
            Yeah but I can tell you from expirience I spent like 10k on my car just adding and adding to it and then changing and then replacing, and it all started with some nice 5 lug wheels that I could have just redrilled...

why they part their ride out?? becouse alot money went into it that they may not see back right away. Takes time to find the right buyer.

Iam pretty sure alot of these guys here put alot of hard work pain and love into their rides, that have sentimental value and are willing to help out if something breaks.

Iam saving and waiting for a nice v8 swap to go for sale :)
            Last edited by EN318isPDX; 01-31-2013, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmnut2002 View Post
              What is a heavy, expensive 5 lug swap going to do to improve that?
              Interesting. Where do you get heavy from? My car has S52, 5 lug E36 M front, Z3 rear with Massive's BBK to fix break bias, Luke box, quite heavy MMats P3.0 sub, two amps, me @ 175lbs:

with me in it and half a tank of gas :3001lbs. That's really not much heavier than a stock E30. Take the sub box and related equipment out and there is nothing to complain about except for the terrible front weight bias.
              Last edited by R3Z3N; 01-31-2013, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ebox86 View Post
                I originally looked at the S52 for its horsies, its punching 240 out of the box, and then i can improve upon that. Can those type of stats be achieved with a boosted M20 with or without a chip? If so then i'd say just stay with my M20, do a boost and then my 5 lug....

idk, so many options!!! AHHHHH
                Sounds like you need to do more research OP...

It all depends on what your preference is. how are you going to be driving the car? Is the car strictly a weekend/track toy or a daily driver?

And If you are inquiring about 5 lug strictly for wheels, I'd say fill and drill or adapters. Saves you money. Plus you can revert back to 4x100 whenever you please.
                -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Here are some adapters for 150 bucks. I've seen people sell these same ones used for as little as 50-75 bucks.
                  Listen to us man. This e30 is gonna cost you lots and lots and LOTS of money. Be smart about how you spend it. After you spend a ton of money on the car and then run out of it, that's when deals are usually gonna be coming and going. Be patient and you'll get what you need.

Comment

Working...
                  X