Slotted rotors

FRONT
    E46 control arms
    E90 tie rods
    New rack
    Solid steering coupler
    Pulled sway bar out
    Offset CABs

SETUP FEELS GREAT!! Got one solid day of ripping around with mad angle and then his morning I broke both rockers on cyl#1 so now I'm debating buying the dual valve spring/retainer/valve set for 800 bucks or just buying another used 885 head.... Still haven't decided:/
    sigpicRock it til the wheels fall off

Comment

Another update! Did a head swap, took a gamble on a head and it is the quietest m20 I've ever heard!! Bought Bosch OEM updated replacement injectors(what a difference!!!) right after I bled the cooling system I drove straight over the pass to Winthrop and she didn't give me a single hiccup!! Diff is definitely a 3.73 lol but just spun my clutch so I'm gonna try to swap the e36 dual mass for a lightened single mass with a Sachs 618 clutch setup, so I believe this will require me to run the 323 throw out bearing, and m20 slave again. hopefully it should improve everything! Once she's back on the road I may surprise you guys with my next project for the bahamamomma!!

Comment

Dude, what you need to do a 24v swap.

We are thinking about experimenting with the ZF behind one of our M20 race motors since the G260 took a shiate during the last race. Might be trying the 3:73 diff we got sitting around until we can build a 3:46 for it.. After talking with John Parker at the Picnic, he's going to fab up a mount for a ZF behind an M20, which should allow us to run firmer mounts - but I liked your idea of the 24v motor mount..
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I'm running a ZF 2.7i 3.73 right now and it's not too bad!!

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            Dude, what you need to do a 24v swap.

We are thinking about experimenting with the ZF behind one of our M20 race motors since the G260 took a shiate during the last race. Might be trying the 3:73 diff we got sitting around until we can build a 3:46 for it.. After talking with John Parker at the Picnic, he's going to fab up a mount for a ZF behind an M20, which should allow us to run firmer mounts - but I liked your idea of the 24v motor mount..

I'll be redoing my mounts when I pull the trans. Probably just run UHMW mounts.

I believe you could rock one of garagistics trans swap crossmembers backwards and it should be the same.

Comment

There was another thread talking about that and they said it wouldn't work.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Sent you email about what you did for the shifter setup.
                2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Digging up an old thread just because I haven’t logged on in awhile.....

Another update in case anyone cares

So since the last update I’ve gotten a sssquid 2.7i tune, got in one good track day, spun out in a drift train between 2 LS e30s and took a diving board to the rear QP with no bumper on... so needless to say my trunk lid would never line up properly ever again... soo I chopped it into a truck and started on my roll cage... pictures to come!

Also redid my clutch setup and I am beyond pleased with the result!

So now it’s a 2.7i- euro singlemass flywheel, Sachs 618, and a euro 323 throwout bearing with a ZF

Other than that, suspension setup is pretty much the same, and I’m hoping to wrap things up and get to the track soon.

Comment

Originally posted by curtdogge30 View Post
                    Digging up an old thread just because I haven’t logged on in awhile.....

Another update in case anyone cares

So since the last update I’ve gotten a sssquid 2.7i tune, got in one good track day, spun out in a drift train between 2 LS e30s and took a diving board to the rear QP with no bumper on... so needless to say my trunk lid would never line up properly ever again... soo I chopped it into a truck and started on my roll cage... pictures to come!

Also redid my clutch setup and I am beyond pleased with the result!

So now it’s a 2.7i- euro singlemass flywheel, Sachs 618, and a euro 323 throwout bearing with a ZF

Other than that, suspension setup is pretty much the same, and I’m hoping to wrap things up and get to the track soon.
                    In for 2.7i r3v bangers and the Mac Dre edits.
                    -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                    -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

We did end up running a ZF behind the M20 for a race mid 2016. No special mounts, and just used my AKG shifter mounted slightly off-center with the plate turned 180. It looked weird, but worked great. Ran at a Lucky Dog race at the Ridge with this setup until the motor shot a rod out the side of the block during the last 10 minutes of the 7 hour race.

We pulled the whole setup out for an M30 swap (which lasted until the car was destroyed at the first race this season.)

I really liked the ZF close ratio setup behind the M20. With a 270 cam it was always in the right range on the track. I'd do it again at some point if I tracked another M20.
                      2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                        We did end up running a ZF behind the M20 for a race mid 2016. No special mounts, and just used my AKG shifter mounted slightly off-center with the plate turned 180. It looked weird, but worked great. Ran at a Lucky Dog race at the Ridge with this setup until the motor shot a rod out the side of the block during the last 10 minutes of the 7 hour race.

We pulled the whole setup out for an M30 swap (which lasted until the car was destroyed at the first race this season.)

I really liked the ZF close ratio setup behind the M20. With a 270 cam it was always in the right range on the track. I'd do it again at some point if I tracked another M20.

Right on dude I hope this thread helped! What flywheels nd clutch setup did you go with??

Comment

Working...
                        X