damaged wheels, trash? Ultraleggera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damaged wheels, trash? Ultraleggera

So I have a set of these OZ Ultraleggera 18 inch wheels that came w/ an audi I purchased last fall. They are still drive able as I put about 75 miles on them to get home and P.O. claims to have driven almost daily on them.

Now I don't really know much as far as wheel longevity, repair, re-sale price etc. I looked online and these wheels aren't cheap at all in my book, so my question is what do I do?

Should I be looking for a buyer? Do I get cash for scrap prices? They are taking up space. I will post pictures of some of the damage I can find two wheels seem to be Crack free but who knows considering the other two cracks I have found on the other wheel.
    Attached Files

That would scare me enough to junk em..
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

aluminum scrap rates are only $0.30/lb, so maybe 5 bucks each? Did you get a screaming deal on them?

Comment

If the tires are still good, I would dismount the tires and sale them. Scrap the wheels or buy another pair so you can get a set.
        Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

I'll give you about $3.50.

Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
            aluminum scrap rates are only $0.30/lb, so maybe 5 bucks each? Did you get a screaming deal on them?
            So I'll pay probably as much to get the tires off as I will the wheels?
            They came free with the vehicle along with the stock set so they are just a burden as I paid nothing for them. Tires look to be about 70%

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
              That would scare me enough to junk em..
              Those look pretty sketchy to me...
              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
              Originally posted by roguetoaster
              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

There are wheel shops that might be able to repair them. Probably not worth the cost though. I'd scrap them out.

FYI, I just scrapped out eight 16" wheels and got $65. They were just over 20lbs a piece and 4 were chrome, so I got a bit less for them.

Comment

The first picture is definitely repairable. The second, I'm not so sure.
                  m106 1990 e30
                  e36 daily
                  e32 cruiser

Comment

Coffee table material
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                      Coffee table material
                      Actually, John Paker (yes THE John Parker) was doing that last year with bent PRO3 rims. They came out pretty good looking and he donated a few for the Doernbecher Auction.
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                        Coffee table material
                        Hmmm coffee table, that would be sweet. I talked to the guy he said he put a can of green slime in each tire at some point in the past, gotta find a tire shop who's okay with 4 tires worth of green slime going everywhere.

Edit 5 cracks found overall.

Falken ziex tires are in good shape if anyone wants them for like 100 I'll never use them. Set of 4.

Comment

Would be leary of broken beads or cords.
                          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Somebody jacked up those wheels holy shit.
                            sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by Safetymeeting View Post
                              Hmmm coffee table, that would be sweet. I talked to the guy he said he put a can of green slime in each tire at some point in the past, gotta find a tire shop who's okay with 4 tires worth of green slime going everywhere.

Edit 5 cracks found overall.

Falken ziex tires are in good shape if anyone wants them for like 100 I'll never use them. Set of 4.
                              I'm gonna go with sell the tires to a used tire shop and scrap the wheels. Let the tire shop take the risk selling them to someone.

Comment

Working...
                              X