Northwest e30 meet - Sat. March 31st, 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eurospeed View Post
    Doing that another month sounds good to me, because if it gets moved to Olympia, while that's great for all the Portland and Seattle people, it kind of boots me out of the running. Olympia is ~5 hrs for me.
    waaaah.. any way you look at it, I'll have to drive at least 4 hours to get to any of these meets. and my car doesn't exactly get great gas mileage either. :D
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

you shouldn't have done a stroker nando;) and josh your wife does not make since to me either, Ptown is that place to be, seattle is kool good but hands down ptown, shit that rhymes

Comment

Meh, No one is allowed to complain about gas milage. I drove to Bfest06 with my stroker e30... avg mpg: 14. Do you have any idea how much money it cost me to get down there and back. I shoulda just trailered my car.

Comment

mines really not that bad.. about 19 on the freeway. but it doesn't run super rich like yours did. :(
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by cramer View Post
            I was thinking about hosting a tech day in the spring and I'm located sorta central (near Olympia) to Seattle and Portland if people wanted to go that route... or we can do both and a tech day will be another month.

What all would be involved in the tech session? Oly isn't too far for me.
            Originally posted by Gruelius
            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by kencopperwheat View Post
              What all would be involved in the tech session? Oly isn't too far for me.
              The tech days I host aren't like the BMWCCA ones, I'm not teaching anything ;) Bring your own projects and get your hands dirty. Best way to learn is to do. Or in Grant's case, have done for you :P I have a good amount of tools people can use (if they promise to return them clean and where they found them) plus a garage if it's raining. I always ask to keep the projects you are working on limited to ones that can be completed in a day. Usually with the corrado group, it's half BS session, half work. People are welcome to come hang out if they don't have projects to work on and either help others or play "supervisor" ;)
              Chris
              90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

I have so many projects haha, hopefully they are done long before this meet tho.

Comment

The tech days I host aren't like the BMWCCA ones, I'm not teaching anything ;) Bring your own projects and get your hands dirty. Best way to learn is to do. Or in Grant's case, have done for you :P I have a good amount of tools people can use (if they promise to return them clean and where they found them) plus a garage if it's raining. I always ask to keep the projects you are working on limited to ones that can be completed in a day. Usually with the corrado group, it's half BS session, half work. People are welcome to come hang out if they don't have projects to work on and either help others or play "supervisor" ;)
                  That's definitely not too far for me to get some help with getting work done. In fact, I'd be down for driving up there for sure if some people would be willing to help me do my input shaft seal on my tranny. That's really the only job I have that I'm dreading doing.

Comment

That sounds pretty awesome. Joey Link hosted one of those a few months back. It was really fun.
                    Originally posted by Gruelius
                    and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Cramer, if you get one of these together, I'll be there for sure. I really want some experienced help with doing this input shaft seal job.

Comment

mt hood meet?

Comment

Originally posted by BENdashdash View Post
                          mt hood meet?
                          That road was completely washed out, I'm talking asphalt and all, and they JUST fixed, god only knows how well. No way I'm taking my car up that road.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed View Post
                            Cramer, if you get one of these together, I'll be there for sure. I really want some experienced help with doing this input shaft seal job.

Oh don't worry it'll happen ;) I just need to get the spring corrado tech day scheduled and then I'll post up here for what available weekends work best for people.

As for you input shaft seal.. I haven't gone that far, only done the tranny output seal so hopefully we can track down some experienced helpers :) Also just to let you know, I don't have a lift so you'll be working under jackstands.
                            Chris
                            90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

As for you input shaft seal.. I haven't gone that far, only done the tranny output seal so hopefully we can track down some experienced helpers :) Also just to let you know, I don't have a lift so you'll be working under jackstands.
                              I've done the output shaft seal too, with Jordan about 2 years ago. It wasn't hard, and supposedly, neither is the input shaft seal, the only catch is that the whole tranny has to come out. That's the part I want help with. Andrew and I would be capable of doing it ourselves, but if you've got space, all the right tools, and a few people to give me a hand, it would be a lot easier. With some experienced help, it shouldn't take more than a few hours.

Comment

Josh - I'm a bit closer and have a lift. I did the input seal on mine and it was an easy job. I have to yard mine out again because I forgot to install a spacer ring on the flywheel, so as I don't drink too much beer, I should remember how it is done.
                                As far as a meet, I'm game on hosting one too. I have two bays and parking for a dozen cars.

Keith

Comment

Working...
                                X