anything happening around ATL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
    well two urban licks looks like it may be just a little out of what i can spend if i want to be able to afford gas to get home :/ but six feet under looks great. thanks!

any good lunch spots?

The Varsity... it's a landmark. Make sure to get a Frosted Orange. This is greasy drive-in food so be ready! sogood

Comment

The Varsity is nasty. Hit up The Vortex for some good food and drinks. They are cash only if I remember right, but theres an ATM close by if you forget.

1991 335is in progress

Comment

They take credit cards. If you wasnt a good burrito go to El Myr in little 5 points, be careful of parking down there. The Earl has great burgers as well. For brunck you can't beat Ria's Bluebird although the wait is sometimes out of control. Nice dinners are pretty easy to come by down here. Gastro pubs like The Glenwood and Young Augustine's are great for gastro pub style food. The Bookhouse on Ponce is good, good BBQ can be had at Community Q near Emory, and Harold's by the Federal pen is awesome GA BBQ. The area isn't the nicest, but it is an atlanta staple. Mexican wise, I would go to Mi Barrio, or Nueva Laredo. La Fonda Latina is a great, small, cuban chain as well. Eats on Ponce is a good budget pasta/ jerk chicken joint, I think they may only take cash. If you want to see some interesting sites, Little 5 points is the eclectic area, VA highlands is the Yuppie area, Decatur is the upscale lesbian and gay area, East atlanta is the grungy kind of young middle class area. It's too bad your girl is under age, we could take you to some pretty awesome bars in each of these areas.
        As far as real sites, what Halston said is true, but you can also go to the Braves Museum, the Zoo, Oakland Cemetery (lots of famouse corpses in there), stone mountain (if you haven't seen it, it's pretty crazy, also where 4ngie fest takes place every year), Marietta square is cool if you are into the civil war stuff, the big chicken while kind of lame is close to the square as well. If you want to drive your e30, Helen is @ an hour north. Nestled at the base of the Blue Ridge mountains, it is a little German town with twisty roads and good food. The High Museum is rad, The Fox is right there as well.
        PM me if you have any specific questions. When do you leave? You are more than welcome to swing by the shop on Sunday if you're still here. Lots of cool cars to llok at.
        Rich
        Yours truly,
        Rich
        sigpic
        Originally posted by Rigmaster
        you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

i agree, the varsity was pretty gross. and the constant "whata you have?" really pissed me off.

and after reading delatlanta1281's post, i really want to drive into altlanta to try all the places to eat. too bad dahlonega is an hour away when im driving fast.

what shop are you talking about? i have to drive back on friday to volunteer with for First Robotics with some kids on saturday.

i think the plan is to try to get all my heat transfer/reactor physics/PSD done today and drive into atlanta early tomorrow to eat at different places all day, drive around and see stuff away from centennial park, do car stuff, and maybe go to that latin club so the girl can dance while i look like a gringo with two left feet. im down to meet up with people who want to go for a drive though.

so far, these are the cars i've seen:

Near alpharetta exit on saturday:

In Dahlonega on Sunday:

In a parking deck near centennial park yesterday:
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Yes... I said be ready for the grease... and it is delicious IMO. And the "Whatta ya have?" is part of what the Varsity is.

There are plenty of E30s around Atlanta. Surprised you haven't seen mine around. I'll be at the meet and we usually end up with quite a few modded/nice E30s.

Comment

The shop is Heritage Motorsports in Kirkwood. I share the space with Huff and another guy. We will be there Sunday probably.
              Yours truly,
              Rich
              sigpic
              Originally posted by Rigmaster
              you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

I really need to get mine out, unfortunately with the new toy its hard to get excited about it.
                Im now E30less.
                sigpic

Comment

What toy is cooler than an e30 with an alpina front?
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                  1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                    What toy is cooler than an e30 with an alpina front?
                    MV Agusta F4, e30 doesn't feel fast anymore.
                    Im now E30less.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, ATL is my favorite city other than LA (where i used to live)
                      soooo meets? i live in newnan, just south but i'm right on i-85 and i get my license mid august...i'd love to be in the e30 loop for the atl...just let me know when and where and i'll try to make it :)
                      [oo=ll=oo] e30<3sigpic

Comment

^I stayed with a friend who lived in Newnan once. Yup. He lives in ATL now. lol.

im definitely going to have to make it out to the meet at chipotle sooner or later. at least i will try. seems pretty cool

Im back in ATL every now and then. so i gotta get the timing right.
                        I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

Working...
                        X