No announcement yet.

Palm Beach County, Fl people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Active Autowerke. There is a BMW parts supply shop in Ft. Lauderdale. I95 to Sunrise Blvd east 1 block past Footlocker, turn right (south). 2 blocks down on the right. I think its spelled Autoworks. contact number 954-467-1491. Owners name is Sam. He and his son and nephews run the place. I first went there in 1996. Sam bought the place maybe 12 years ago.

He used to buy BMW cars and part them out. He does do some wrenching. He may still have some hard to find used parts. Now he does mostly oem. Better prices then the dealer.

Check him out................................ Cheers..........................G.

Comment

Everglades Chapter Annual Chillin’ N Grillin’ Picnic and Car Show
      At the Tim Granowitz Pavilion (formerly the ISLAND)

John Prince Park – Lake Worth
      Sunday ~ May 17 ~~ 10:00am till 4:00pm

Catered lunch from McCray’s

People’s Choice Car Show

PLEASE RSVP before May 12 –
      RSVP Click here: leave NAME and number in attendance
      FOOD DRIVE – 50/50 Raffle – Door Prizes
      This is a CHARITY Event!
      There is no charge for our members and associates
      of Everglades Chapter BMW CCA. Children under 12 are free.
      Guests are welcomed with a nominal charge of $5.00 per person.

Although we make every attempt to have enough water, ice tea, lemonade, there is no guarantee that it will be enough for everyone for the day. It is advisable to bring your own cooler with a supply of beverages for you and your family and guests.
      Lunch will be served 12:30 time frame:
      BBQ Ribs/ Chicken/ Baked Beans/ Mac & Cheese
      Cole Slaw/ Potato Salad/ Rolls/ Ice Tea & Lemonade. CAR SHOW:
      YOU must be a member of BMW CCA to enter!
      BMWs and Mini’s only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Introducing myself

Hello All-

I am writing this post to introduce myself to the Palm Beach County E30 owners. I recently (three weeks ago) purchased my first E30. Its an Alpine White 87 E30 convertible 5 speed. I am the 4th owner and the car had over 200k miles on the (broken) odometer when I went to check it out. I drove it 3 hours from Cape Coral to West Palm with the A/C on at around 60-70mph. The body is near mint considering its mileage and age. It currently has tan cloth interior and I am using duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint to convert it to black. Although the car had extensive maintenance receipts I could not find any records regarding the timing belt so I am looking to replace that soon. If anyone here has done it before and can give me a hand I would really appreciate it. I live near Okeechobee/Jog road for reference. Look forward to meeting some of you...

After washing, claybar, polish, and wax:

Early Model Front License Plate Filler for Sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=363721

Late Model Front License Filler Plate for Sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=365118

Comment

Welcome home. You can always find local help on this forum. West Palm Beach or Miami thread. Quick note. If you are changing the belt yourself, check the DIY section for direction and tools needed. Might as well change the tensioner, water pump and do a valve adjustment while you are there. If you need reference to a local shop, just ask. Everybody has someone they recommend.

E30's are like beautiful women. You gotta stay on top of em. ............... Cheers.

G.

Comment

Thanks G,

I do plan on doing it myself because I purchased this car to learn from. I've done brakes and suspension work before but never a timing belt change. I did skim through some of the write-ups about changing the belt and downloaded the various service repair books for the E30.

Where do you live? Do the Palm Beach E30 owners get together once a month? I'd like to join once I get the timing belt changed.
            Early Model Front License Plate Filler for Sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=363721

Late Model Front License Filler Plate for Sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=365118

Comment

Come by the BMWCCA meet at John Prince park this Sunday. There are about 10 of us locally who keep in touch by phone, text and email. We share info about parts for sale and whenever a car shows up in the local junk yards.

You can HMU anytime. If I cant answer your question, I can point you in the right direction.

See you there.................... G is for Gary....... Cheers...............

Comment

Hey fellas, don't forget to RSVP for the annual BMW CCA Everglades chapter picnic & car show the deadline is by May 12. Email name and number of attendance to rsvp4evergladesbmwcca@gmail.com

Comment

Shout out to Bobbi, Jorge, Raul and the entire Everglades Chapter of the BMW CCA. Great picnic, great car show, great time. Lots of nice cars and great conversation.

Special thanks to my bro's Ken, Paul, and Navi for showing up and giving the club their support.

All the best!.............................. G. ....................

Comment

Originally posted by g.ruff561 View Post
                    Shout out to Bobbi, Jorge, Raul and the entire Everglades Chapter of the BMW CCA. Great picnic, great car show, great time. Lots of nice cars and great conversation.

Special thanks to my bro's Ken, Paul, and Navi for showing up and giving the club their support.

All the best!.............................. G. ....................
                    Do you know if pics are available from the meet? If so, where?

I worked on the car a little tonight...by worked on the car I mean removed the kick panels and painted them black and removed the rear interior panels to prep them for paint.

Comment

I'm hoping Hawkmec or Raul will post some pics. If not check bmwccaeverglades.org. The photos are there. Nice turn out with some very. very nice cars.

All the best.................................... G.

Comment

WTB.............Good condition late model passenger side fog light. HMU.......G.

Comment

Finally I get some time to post couple picture from the Bmw cca Everglades chapter picnic.. It was a great time 👏🏼

Comment

Wow, look at all of those nice, shiny cars.
                            Wish I had been there to stink up the joint
                            Last laugh would be mine though if anyone thought to pick on the ugly car :devil:

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            [CoTM: 4-18]
                            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                            - updated 3-17

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1434544383672.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	7177270
                              Thinking of putting her on the market

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Comment

Damn Bro that's fresh. Send me some details and I will shop it around for you......G.

Comment

Working...
                                X