Kentuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im in Lexington.

Got some BC Coils for sale just FYI. Never installed.

Comment

Very nice Oprah! Specs?

I go to Lex a lot. Let's meet up.

I'll post a M2M CL ad with my phone number.
      20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

I could drop ship you new eibach or hyperco.

Or also

You could check out
        The Spring, Suspension and Brake Exchange: Sponsored by Fastech Motorsports
        A place for us gearheads to post various automotive performance springs, shocks, suspension and brake parts to buy, sell and trade. Have some good stuff to sell? Looking to buy? Post up what ya got!

This would be the best place I could think of to pick up a used set for a good price.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
          I could drop ship you new eibach or hyperco.

Or also

You could check out
          The Spring, Suspension and Brake Exchange: Sponsored by Fastech Motorsports
          A place for us gearheads to post various automotive performance springs, shocks, suspension and brake parts to buy, sell and trade. Have some good stuff to sell? Looking to buy? Post up what ya got!

This would be the best place I could think of to pick up a used set for a good price.
          Thanks man! I'm not too 'track smart' but would I have any issues running a standard compression spring, in place of my barrel springs?
          20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

So, you want it matched as a set in theory.

The barrel springs are most likely progressive. A standard coil spring is linear.

Would be good to match front and rear spring rates for what you want to set up the car for. And keep front and rear axles matched in progress or linear spring.

Progressive obviously will be nicer on the street.

Some coil over kits sell a mix of the 2 and im not sure why, maybe the little bit extra of comfort on one axle.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

I've noticed the same, BC vs GC, with GC having the barrel spring and BC not. iirc.

I would prefer linear honestly. My rear is acting all swingy and it's rubbing hard (215/505r16) and didn't want to smash my rear end apart. Plus the rear end roll is something serious.

What are the dimensions of the factory spring? ID and length?

Thanks man!
              20% Accurate

Comment

I'm not sure dimensions of factory springs.

What suspension are you running now?

Swingy? Loose?

Everything tight?

Get your alignment checked out, Report back with some numbers.

No problem!

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

I'm not sure dimensions of factory springs.

What suspension are you running now?

Swingy? Loose?
                  Currently running on Bilstein/Vogtland. It's just the rear has way too much body roll. The front behaves as if the struts are seized, extremely stiff (200lb spring, I cannot move the car with my weight). Planning to purchase coils, but have high dollar obligations that aren't BMW related. Just wanted a stiffer rear spring for now.

Around -.7 camber in the front.
                  Close to 0 in the rear. I just corrected toe problem in the rear with a new RTA. Haven't been on a rack since. Contemplating new rack swap soon.

Condor bushings all around.
                  20% Accurate

Comment

20+ year old bisteins?

Usually those get super stiff upfront making the rear feel like it rolls.

Stiffer spring probably wouldn't make the car handle better.

vogtlands are "soft", But should be set up decent for a sporty handling.

As far as budget maybe you could find a pair of bigger used sway bars (Which would still work great later) and put KYB's all around.
                    -
                    Roll rear fenders.
                    -
                    Or if add a rear spring pad if they were taken out.
                    -

Id get it on the rack again, With the front struts stiff and possible toe out in the back it could make it feel like a Drunkship.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

"feel like a Drunkship."

I wish they were 20+ years old, about 2 years actually. I daily 88+ miles for work and that's somewhat hard, somewhat babied.

Vogtlands aren't bad for the budget, I was surprised. Should've went the extra and bought HR or IE.

What are the chances I rip the sways out once I go stiffer?
                      Just buy the reinforcement plates for insurance, may end up being the plan.

According to my eyeballs () it has been corrected, but trying to wait to get on a rack til after a suspension refresh.
                      20% Accurate

Comment

BMW CCA Social is happening in Louisville KY tonight.

BMW CCA Bluegrass bimmers.

If anyone around.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

BMW CCA Social is happening in Louisville KY tonight.

BMW CCA Bluegrass bimmers.

If anyone around.
                          Wish I had known. Work has been too crazy lately anyway. I needed a hookie day.

How many people typically show up?
                          20% Accurate

Comment

10-20

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Whoot. Next one coming up soon. 10th

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

I'd love to go, but I won't be able to make it this time either. Work has swamped me lately, ruining my Fall plans, I'll be swamped until Jan. Also have a 3/yr old getting a cast on Friday.

Enjoy! Bring a picture or two back for us!
                                20% Accurate

Comment

Working...
                                X