No announcement yet.

Vintage at the Vineyards, May 22-24, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blunt's Colorado Orange M2 and Roy's Inka M2 with Schnitzer S14. With all of the tens of thousands thrown at Roy's great looking '02, I still prefer the simple look of Blunt's car. Mario and the whole VSR crew did a bang-up job with Roy's car, but the choice of wheels left me scratching my head; other than that, both cars were some of my favorites in the '02 crowd (along with the silver "1 of 3" Alpina-optioned '02.)
    - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
    E36 325i sedan
    E30 325i sedan
    Volvo 945T

Comment

The wheels that went are atroshish but they have some decent sized rubber and I can only imagine the bill. It's an impressive car and will see it at the Boston Chapter Concours event Muesam of Transportation.

Maybe he will hold another Garage o utopia event at his place. For the E30 M3 guys as he has 4 in the family I think still. The family is BMW...

So who got the award for the longest drive? Washington state or Vancouver people?
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

California and the Netherlands won for the longest distance, more miles than the Canada guys. We had a great time, got to meet a lot of people although I suck with remembering names, met Blunt and Mrs. Blunt Sunday at the Biltmore.

Took lots of pics but you have to excuse the quality, they are with the cell, I realized my kid had broke the camera after we were already there.

This is my baby, the calypso sedan

The highlight of my weekend was before the picture at the Biltmore I randomly pulled into Arbys and encountered this

He had been parked diagonally from me at Vintage but it seemed there was always someone talking to him, so I didn't get a chance to speak to him at the event. Went into Arbys and of told him I was stalking him, ten minutes later, touring keys in hand, I got to drive around Asheville for a bit.

He has another touring he is using for parts that he is going to let me purchase when he is finished with it in a couple months. Then I will just have the dilema of getting it titled in Virginia.

The Biltmore was beautiful, my first time there.

I talked to a lot of great people, saw some beautiful cars and got really sunburnt. It was a wonderful weekend and I will definitely be attending next year.

Comment

Hey guys...I had a great time. Sorry I didn't get to hang out too much in E30 land. I had my youngest son with me (7 years old) and he liked the old school stuff! We also spent about an hour in Otisland so he could create a masterpiece for the Otisland coloring contest.

Here is a pic of my car:

Here is a pic of J's favorite of the show:

And his second favorite:

Can't wait til next year!

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
            You have a couple of pictures of my car in your album. I haven't had an opportunity to upload my pics yet. Have a whole bunch of them.

Comment

Alright, so next year, every r3ver is obligated to make a little banner of their r3v ID and stand it next to their car, so we could put names with faces and cars. This was freaking insane.

Comment

If you could have gone and didn't you can wear the loser for a year!! One of the coolest shows ever. Blunt was introduced to this thing called texting. Now he needs a real phone to handle it. One 3.0 coupe was so sick. Even valve cover was clear coated and buffed out..
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
                  Alright, so next year, every r3ver is obligated to make a little banner of their r3v ID and stand it next to their car, so we could put names with faces and cars. This was freaking insane.
                  We could also have a meeting point and a time to assemble for an e30 meet and greet gathering. For example: 12 noon at the first e30 at the bottom of the hill.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

tried that at 3, and even had it announced over megaphone, nobody walked over, lol

Comment

here are some of the pics i took. these were my favorites from the show.

my favorite overall:

and of course:

love the wheels:

its nice to see a non-black M every once in a while:

anybody know who's car this is?

and here's my uber-stock bucket:

i really hate that i didn't get to meet anyone. after walking around for about an hour & a half i dipped out. we'll have to have a e30/r3v specific meetup next year...

anywho, here are the rest of the pics...

Comment

Originally posted by cmflossin View Post
                        here are some of the pics i took. these were my favorites from the show.

anybody know who's car this is?

and here's my uber-stock bucket:

i really hate that i didn't get to meet anyone. after walking around for about an hour & a half i dipped out. we'll have to have a e30/r3v specific meetup next year...

anywho, here are the rest of the pics...
                        http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...ossin/Vintage/
                        that would be mine.... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by blunt View Post
                          this is a great picture but what we didnt capture was steve suckling my man teets directly after this. great to meet all you freaks. i had dinner with trey and his brother and dad at some shithole BBQ place which turned out better than we thought. it would have been better if i would have been able to weasel out of the bill and made those guys pay but we had to pay when ordering. theres always next year. im in asheville right now and leaving for the french quarter in a few hours. dropping my wife off at the airport and going to visit my son. where was JOO??? that waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles said he was going to be there. i hope the car continues to run as well as it has. it was a great event.
                          i can soo see that!

good to finally meet u blunt!

Comment

dude, your car is gorgeous. who did the seats?

Comment

Originally posted by cmflossin View Post
                              dude, your car is gorgeous. who did the seats?
                              thanks!

i ordered the kit from seatkit.com and i installed it...

Comment

no way is that a kit... i would've bet it was a custom job. it really looks great.

Comment

Working...
                                X