North Carolina Check-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey ecc318-
    We have been racing Lemons at CMP for the last 3yrs. We just did our first Chumps race at VIR a few weeks ago (24hrs - grand/full courses). It was actually very nice not having to do the stupid black flag stuff. We raced most of the 24hrs and only got one black flag and got a 15min penalty. The only negative was the amount of contact - they actually stopped the race after 18hrs and yelled at everyone to "stop driving like idiots" after that they start blacking flagging if you did a major off road driving. Many cars got totalled - not cool. I think we will race Chumps again but not 24hrs - long F'in race. We will be at CMP in Sept - Road Warrior Racing.

Comment

Originally posted by porschelou View Post
      Hey ecc318-
      We have been racing Lemons at CMP for the last 3yrs. We just did our first Chumps race at VIR a few weeks ago (24hrs - grand/full courses). It was actually very nice not having to do the stupid black flag stuff. We raced most of the 24hrs and only got one black flag and got a 15min penalty. The only negative was the amount of contact - they actually stopped the race after 18hrs and yelled at everyone to "stop driving like idiots" after that they start blacking flagging if you did a major off road driving. Many cars got totalled - not cool. I think we will race Chumps again but not 24hrs - long F'in race. We will be at CMP in Sept - Road Warrior Racing.
      What color/make/theme is your car? we were a black and red mk2 jetta back in 2010 I believe. It was really fun and I hear you on the black flag stuff, I would love to try Chumpcar out sometime. I have always wanted to do a 24hr race as well. Right now all of my fellow car enthusiasts are all poor like me so that kind of racing will have to wait. For now I'll just keep instructing till I get a plan and income to support :D
      For Sale thread: e30 and e36 Parts

Comment

Ive seen some new Raleigh Durham guys posting. Maybe a group could meet up at the C&C in December?

COTM

Comment

Well I picked up a 90 white sedan 325i with some running issues on wed. I towed it home from Boone minus a few smoke brakes my 4 runner had to take because its old and high mileage so some of you may have seen it on display.
          =The Daily= 05 mailbu classic ok mpg and comfy auto commuter
          =The Toy= 1990 325i sedan waiting for boost
          =4x4 Status= 1999 Toyota 4Runner limited
          =Gone but not forgotten= 98 impreza RS with JDM 97 STi swap and 4.444 gearing, 04 Neon SRT-4 big turbo 420whp at 24psi,
          Slammed 89 dodge d100 long wheel base.
          All modifyed cars built by me I dont do things the easy way.

Comment

Intro

Hey guys, thought I'd introduce myself as I am new to this forum. About a year and a half ago we relocated to the Raleigh area from St. Louis. About the same time, I sold my previous racecar and bought an '87 325is SpecE30. Have made it out to VIR a few times with NASA.

I have experience with a few street and race E36's, but this is my first E30. So far... love it!

Currently I'm in the middle of an installation of the weld-in rear trailing arm adjusters. Rear alignment has been my only gripe so far.

Cheers,

Julian

Julian Cates
            1989 Spec E30

Comment

Hey guys, I just bought another E30 and I'm new to the area. Sold my old 318is back in January and decided to get another one to DD to keep the miles off of my other car.

Now off to find a decent mechanic that can handle some of the small issues it has.

Comment

If you live in Raleigh the Shop I recommend is Bimmer Performance run by Dan. He is a very honest and cool guy. He get's the job done and for a reasonable price. Tell him Pedro sent you if you go.

Bimmer Performance Center is home to the best Bimmer repair professionals on the East Coast. Contact our knowledgeable team today!

Originally posted by pputkowski View Post
                Hey guys, I just bought another E30 and I'm new to the area. Sold my old 318is back in January and decided to get another one to DD to keep the miles off of my other car.

Now off to find a decent mechanic that can handle some of the small issues it has.

Comment

Originally posted by S13_E30 View Post
                  If you live in Raleigh the Shop I recommend is Bimmer Performance run by Dan. He is a very honest and cool guy. He get's the job done and for a reasonable price. Tell him Pedro sent you if you go.

http://bimmerperformancecenter.com/
                  I appreciate that I'm actually near Lake Norman/Cornelius just north of Charlotte.

Comment

Ah ok cool. Yeah don't know any shops out over that way but I'm sure someone on here knows!

I appreciate that I'm actually near Lake Norman/Cornelius just north of Charlotte.

Comment

When I 1st brought my 318i to NC I had Gino look it over after he was recommended to me by the guys at the import parts place near me. He spent maybe 3/4 hour on it and never charged me which by itself says a lot. He has also been helpful with referrals to shops that do things he doesnt (like exhaust work). Its a small family shop his mom runs the office) on Central in Plaza Midwood so you may want to give him a try. Gino's Complete Foreign & Domestic etc etc

Note I have not ever paid him or anyone else to work on my cars in many years but would use him myself if I did.
                      Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                      Alice the Time Capsule
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                      87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

eurowise since your in the charlotte area

Comment

It's been quite some time since I've been involved in any sort of BMW scene. I recently sold my e46 (330ci too many mods to list. DE/daily driver). I'll be back living in the states (hickory/charlotte area) in about a year or so. Just trying to get caught back up and see what has changed. It appears I don't really know anyone here anymore.

Anyways, I plan to buy an e30 for daily driving/weekend DE to save gas (Tahoe doesn't get very good mileage) and keep miles off my Harley (it is currently being built by Double Deuce Cycles in Hickory).

I've owned many e30's before.
                          173rd ABN

Comment

Well, given your sig gif, if you're hanging out in CLT hit me up, you seem like you'd be a good person to grab a beer with.

Matt
                            88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                            We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Originally posted by matthugie View Post
                              Well, given your sig gif, if you're hanging out in CLT hit me up, you seem like you'd be a good person to grab a beer with.

Matt
                              Will do. I'll be in CLT/HKY area for most of April. Currently in Afghanistan, then back to Italy for a while until I finally get back to NC for good. I may try to get some euro e30 parts for cheap (they are very cheap in Italy) and bring them back with me.
                              173rd ABN

Comment

^ Hey guy, how's life?

Give Trevor or I a shout when you're back stateside, we'll have to meet up for beers and such. See if you're able to fit an non-rust unicorn E30iT in your carry-on for Trevor.

Have a safe trip bud.
                                - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                                E36 325i sedan
                                E30 325i sedan
                                Volvo 945T

Comment

Working...
                                X