Where to get coilovers welded in ATL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get coilovers welded in ATL?

Anyone know a shop/person near north Atlanta that can weld up my new coilovers? I don't trust my buddy's welding skills haha

Just take them in a local welding shop. If it's the "BC" style, it's a really simple weld jobber that anyone with light welding skill can do - the GC style where you are welding thin walled material is a little tougher since it's a butt weld, but still pretty doable with lower skill levels.

I no longer butt weld the GC style sleeves - bought a 48mm x 1.0mm tap and run the threads deeper, then cut the end of the tube off. Not only is a neater job, the strut tube remains one piece and a collar is only welded to the outside.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      Just take them in a local welding shop. If it's the "BC" style, it's a really simple weld jobber that anyone with light welding skill can do - the GC style where you are welding thin walled material is a little tougher since it's a butt weld, but still pretty doable with lower skill levels.

I no longer butt weld the GC style sleeves - bought a 48mm x 1.0mm tap and run the threads deeper, then cut the end of the tube off. Not only is a neater job, the strut tube remains one piece and a collar is only welded to the outside.
      They are the BC style. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Since you are using the "BC" style, only thing to take note of is when welding the sleeve in, there is some play between the new welded tube and the stock tube - so - there is about 1-2° of play once it's assembled. Since they have camber/caster adjustment, not a huge deal breaker, but on the track cars it can be (usually want to max the neg camber before welding).
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          Since you are using the "BC" style, only thing to take note of is when welding the sleeve in, there is some play between the new welded tube and the stock tube - so - there is about 1-2° of play once it's assembled. Since they have camber/caster adjustment, not a huge deal breaker, but on the track cars it can be (usually want to max the neg camber before welding).
          Ok thanks for the info, I did not know that

Comment

Working...
          X