Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Coast e30 gathering/picnic/experience

hey r3v community,

So, I am looking at hosting a EAST COAST e30 specific gathering/picnic/experience (still working on what to call it) and would like some input from the community on what they would expect to have happen. I know a lot of people, including myself, hate going to shows knowing that if you enter your not going to place or win anything. So with that in mind I would like to keep it awards free minus some small awards for like farthest travelled. I would like to keep the cost as low, since we all drive e30's and know they can sometimes empty our wallets. But the main concern of this would be to bring the east coast community together and get to know everyone. It seems over the last few years that the community has had its ups and down with people trying to ruin it for everyone. And even though these cars are no longer being made the community is growing. so I ask everyone to please keep negative comments to yourself and let the good ideas flow.

location is yet to be determined but I am looking at somewhere in the central PA area. since there is a lot of awesome curvy roads that would work as possible cruise and photo spots. so keep that in mind when giving ideas. For now that is what I have come up with.

For those who may not know me, my name is Andy Miller and like most people on this forum I am got bit by the e30 bug back in Jan 2009. Ever since then I have owned 1 or more e30's. These cars have consumed my life to the point that my wife and son have fallen in love with these cars and community too. I have owned 10 e30's and currently have 4 still in my possession. But enough about me and more about what I am trying to accomplish

Looking forward to everyone's support and lets bring the community closer than it has been in a long time.

thanks,
    andy
    Last edited by amiller07; 02-18-2016, 01:47 PM.
    "no, i didnt slap u...that was my hand giving ur face a high five"

My e30 may not 100% be done, but I would be interested in attending for sure if you get some numbers.

Mr. Wolfe
    sigpic

Comment

Definitely interested

Comment

Depends on how far I have to drive.

I usually dislike meets because this is usually how my experience goes: Drive 2 hours to hang out with the friends I started the drive with. So.. uh.. I guess I could have just stayed where I was. But maybe that's more commentary on my social skills than anything else.

:-P
        AWD > RWD

Comment

I can speak for Slammin. He will be there.

Comment

Definitely interested if this happens in the central PA area.

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post

I usually dislike meets because this is usually how my experience goes: Drive 2 hours to hang out with the friends I started the drive with. So.. uh.. I guess I could have just stayed where I was. But maybe that's more commentary on my social skills than anything else.

That's why I'm taking ideas. Want this to be more than just a parking lot party. Maybe a 2-3 day thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm down for central PA. just got my e30 back up and running

Comment

I'm in.
                  The wellsboro area (PA Grand Canyon) is prime for cruising and photo ops.

Comment

down!
                    sigpic
                    2008 E60 528Xi - Daily
                    1991 E30 318iS S50 ///M
                    1987 E30 325 [SOLD]

Follow my build thread!
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=385058

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post

Same feeling here. Most meets I go to is me and my friends drive out together, stand in the parking lot together talking, and then end up going out to eat after and talk about the same stuff we were just talking about.
                      My Garage
                      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I am really happy this suggestion was brought up, I would be all over this. Also Andy is a solid dude and an absolute asset to the community!

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                        IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

I know the Carlisle import show has been getting better, maybe create a caravan before to it or after to somewhere for dinner.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

My car will be together soon, I'd certainly be interested.
                            sigpic

1989 325is
                            1992 525iT w/ S52 swap - SOLD

Comment

I happy to see this getting some attention. I think at this point I am really looking for a time/month everyone be happy with? Spring? Summer? Fall?

Comment

Working...
                              X