Curil K2 vs Loctite 573

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curil K2 vs Loctite 573

manual calls for Loctite 573. I have Kuril k2 on the shelf. Can I use it to seal metal to metal transmission flange?

like the output shaft flange? that's what I used more than 10 years ago - it's still not leaking.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      like the output shaft flange? that's what I used more than 10 years ago - it's still not leaking.
      I think it actually calls for Curil there, on shaft splines. I was thinking about input shaft flange/throwout bearing guide. Manual calls for Loctite there. I wonder why it doesn't call for cutil k2 as well? I can see no Loctite on the output splines (will be a bitch to remove, since LT 573 will dry out at some point). but why not Curil on the input shaft flange? It doesn't dry, has higher temp rating than Loctite 573. 573 is sold in 8oz min. and like $150 for a tube.

Comment

I've used Permatex 51813 Anaerobic Gasket on my input flange and it's held up fine for the last 5 years. I use it on the splines of the output shaft also. I know it'll be a pain if I ever have to replace that seal again but the jaw puller and hammer got it done the first time so should be able to do it again!

It's also less than $10 a tube

Comment

Working...
        X