Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Four Door "RetroRestoMod"

Hey R3Vers!
    I bought a 86 E30 for 1k from a neighbor and want to turn it into something worth some money.. Does anyone know if they even CAN be worth much? (besides the obvious value of the car to the automotive culture, they are amazing vehicles) I'm hoping to put a few thousand into it and maybe sell it to get another E30 (maybe the M3?). I figured here was the best place to go to get advise! Anything helps out, if anyone is interested I'll go more into detail about my plans so far.
    Enjoy,

-Streeter

If you're thinking about what it's gonna be worth, you're doing it wrong. And you'll probably be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by StreeterMotorSports View Post
      Hey R3Vers!
      I bought a 86 E30 for 1k from a neighbor and want to turn it into something worth some money.. Does anyone know if they even CAN be worth much? (besides the obvious value of the car to the automotive culture, they are amazing vehicles) I'm hoping to put a few thousand into it and maybe sell it to get another E30 (maybe the M3?). I figured here was the best place to go to get advise! Anything helps out, if anyone is interested I'll go more into detail about my plans so far.
      Enjoy,

-Streeter
      I agree with the poster above. I know people on here flip for a profit, but it really depends on the car, you havent given us much detail.

An 86 four door, especially if its a 318 automatic and Bronzit is probably on the lowest scale of value.

What kind of mileage, if its 40k, yea there is value there even with the options I said above, if its 200k, going to be hard pressed to get to much more even if you put thousands into it.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

you're probably gonna make more money if you flip it as is lol
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

What do you mean?
          I'm pretty much asking if anyone thinks its even worth putting say BBS Wheels and the M3 body kit on it to sell it for more? Or is it more likely to not be worth any more even with those mods?
          Thanks,
          -Streeter

Comment

welcome to r3v... the first thing we need before we can help you is pics
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

haha its so cool to see so many people respond so quick! I shoulda have joined these forums years ago!
              Its an 89 325E with 100k miles and near perfect leather interior. I already had it up on craigslist as is and was getting offered 5k for it when I realized I could probably make more than that with just a small amount put in... Any thoughts?
              Thanks,
              -Streeter

Comment

What do you mean?
                I'm pretty much asking if anyone thinks its even worth putting say BBS Wheels and the M3 body kit on it to sell it for more? Or is it more likely to not be worth any more even with those mods?
                Thanks,
                -Streeter
                pic of the car plz

and your girlfriend
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

id call that person that offered you 5k rn and sell it

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                    id call that person that offered you 5k rn and sell it
                    this
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I have no idea if I did this correctly here's the picture? Maybe?

-Streeter
                      Attached Files

Comment

haha its so cool to see so many people respond so quick! I shoulda have joined these forums years ago!
                        Its an 89 325E with 100k miles and near perfect leather interior. I already had it up on craigslist as is and was getting offered 5k for it when I realized I could probably make more than that with just a small amount put in... Any thoughts?
                        Thanks,
                        -Streeter
                        The last year of the "e" motors was in 1988, which was sold under the nomenclature "325" as a SuperEta. There is no such thing as an '89 325e.

Like others have said, I'd be calling the folks back off CraigsList that have offered $5k.

Also, PICS.
                        1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                        SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                        Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Of course its upside down XD

Comment

Originally posted by TFJR View Post
                            The last year of the "e" motors was in 1988, which was sold under the nomenclature "325" as a SuperEta. There is no such thing as an '89 325e.

Like others have said, I'd be calling the folks back off CraigsList that have offered $5k.

Also, PICS.
                            Sorry man I mean '86 not '89

-Streeter

Comment

I'd take that $5k and run.

Comment

Working...
                              X