Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone find me pics of an e30 on japan racing jr 10s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone find me pics of an e30 on japan racing jr 10s?

Hey guys. Just wondering if someone has pics of a set of jr10's on an e30. Been searching on google a lot but haven't found anything decent. Preferably the silver ones!

Scroll down on this page: http://bmwbuilds.com/e30-track-prep-supercharged/

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
      awesome thanks! he is running 32mm spacers, do you think an et10 wheel without spacers would sit flush with the body? I can't legally have the wheels "sticking" out of the body of the car

Comment

What size? 15x8 ET10 wheels won't need spacers. Neither will 16x8. Mine were a close fit and are ET20. There is a thread for wheel fit questions and the exact spacer info you need is probably in there, just search ET10 and comb through the results. For what it's worth, my 16x8 ET20 wheels and 225/45/16 tires fit just under the front arches, so you shouldn't have any trouble there if your wheels are narrower. Rear arches required rolling.
        Last edited by varg; 11-22-2015, 09:45 AM. Reason: correcting wrong information

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          What size? 15x8 ET10 wheels will require a spacer up front, 10mm or more. I'm almost certain 16x8 ET10 will as well, mine were a close fit and are ET20. Not sure about the rear but I'm guessing spacers will be required there too. There is a thread for wheel fit questions and the exact spacer info you need is probably in there, just search ET10 and comb through the results. For what it's worth, my 16x8 ET20 wheels and 225/45/16 tires fit just under the front arches, so you shouldn't have any trouble there. Rear arches required rolling.

damn, so even with et20 you needed rolling? I will definitely need rolling if i go et10 right? My car is lowered on vogtland springs though, not that much of a drop

Comment

I got mixed up on the front, ET10 is 10mm further out than ET20 not 10mm further in. Your ET10 wheels won't need spacers then because they are further from the strut and spring, but if they're 8" wide they will definitely stick out past the arches. Yes, you will need to roll the rear. Any drop is too much, since at stock height mine rubbed when the suspension compressed and yours would be further out. That is unless your wheels are narrow. Again, this all depends on the dimensions of the wheels, which you haven't given us, I'm just making assumptions based on the measurements I found for those wheels when I googled them.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

Sorry, the wheel options i'm considering are:
              1) 16x8 et10 front+ 16x9 et10 back
              2) 16x8 et10 all around
              3) 16x8 et20 front + 16x9 et20 back
              4) 16x8 et25 front + 16x9 et20 back
              5) 16x8 et25 all around

any of these would allow me to not roll the fenders?

Comment

16x8 ET20 square would probably fit no rolling and no spacers. Assuming you do 205-50 tires.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

Not sure why you're against fender rolling?

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                    16x8 ET20 square would probably fit no rolling and no spacers. Assuming you do 205-50 tires.
                    Sorry , what does et20 square mean?

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                    Not sure why you're against fender rolling?
                    I'm not against it, i simply don't know where to do it, nor anyone that has done it... I'm in Europe.. I'll try to ask around, but it may be tricky to find someone who can do it for me

Comment

et20 specifies the offset and squared just means that all wheels are the same size/dimension/offset as opposed to staggered which has wheels in the rear that are different/larger in offset and dimensions than the fronts

Due to the nature of BMW rear suspensions, the rear wheels typically can and mostly do run wider with similar but varying offsets to allow for wider tires and better traction

However; many opt to run a square setup with possible spacers to mimic a staggered setup for the simplicity of being able to rotate front and rear wheels in order to preserve tire life

Comment

nicely explained thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X