No announcement yet.

1990 325is restomod project aka "Klaus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it’s roughly 2 inches bigger in diameter, so an inch on either side, should still fit easily with the s54.

Comment

My 2002 booster would not fit with my S54, and the 944 booster definitely won't if it's any bigger. Technically I could get the 2002 booster in and install the manifold after shaving a little material from the manifold, but the manifold was touching the booster, which I didn't want. A slight modification of the manifold would probably work, or you could move the booster over slightly like some people do. This was with Revshift engine mounts. Maybe other mounts have a little more clearance because I've heard conflicting info on whether the 2002 booster fits. The stock E30 master should work with the 2002 booster.

Comment

Sucks that the brakes are a big headache... they are kind of a big deal with this much power
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Sucks that the brakes are a big headache... they are kind of a big deal with this much power
          Yep well now I have both the 944 and a 2002 booster, going to try the 944 first and massage it in, modify the airbox a bit. With the exhaust set up and the tune we think we would be hitting a target of around 360-370hp, I dont really need that much so if it drops a bit and has better brakes I would rather that.
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I would imagine it would take stroking the car to get that kind of power. The M3 CSL was ~360
            Last edited by R3Z3N; 12-07-2018, 07:17 PM.

Comment

And the 944 booster is in. We trimmed the manifold a bit, hopefully it wont mess up airflow too bad, the dyno will tell!!

Comment

dang itb's bein all cool and takin up so much space
                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Like it was meant to be there!
                  I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                    Like it was meant to be there!
                    It does fit in nice and tidy now:) The goal is to make this thing look as close to coming out of the factory as I can.

Comment

Awesome to see progress! And great FPR bracket, been wondering what I should do with mine.

Also cool that the 994 booster is working for you. The 944 will work for me as well but the E34 master is pretty long and hits my intake manifold. Might need a shorter 25mm master if that’s a thing.

How did you plumb your booster vacuum? I’m most interested with what you did with the hose that goes to the ICV with two electric valves from the E46 system. Just ditch it and plug the ICV port?
                      Last edited by masterofnone; 12-17-2018, 01:41 AM. Reason: Added question

Comment

Originally posted by masterofnone View Post
                        Awesome to see progress! And great FPR bracket, been wondering what I should do with mine.

Also cool that the 994 booster is working for you. The 944 will work for me as well but the E34 master is pretty long and hits my intake manifold. Might need a shorter 25mm master if that’s a thing.

How did you plumb your booster vacuum? I’m most interested with what you did with the hose that goes to the ICV with two electric valves from the E46 system. Just ditch it and plug the ICV port?
                        Havent hooked that up yet, but when I do I will get you pics.

I decided to stick with the E30 master since I have a BBK. Everything I have read that if you combine the BBK, with a smaller booster and bigger master the brakes become really hard.

So its BBK, 944 Booster and Stock E30 Master. I do have a 2002 booster still and if anyone's interested it will be for sale. That will fit with zero trimming to the manifold.

Comment

Uh excuse me waitress, I asked for the large intake manifold! Gawddayum!

Comment

Still need to do some fabricating on the bottom of the airbox, but trying to make it look as OEM as possible in the engine bay.

Comment

A few more shots.

Here is a close up of the work on the intake.

I tried to get a shot of the inside, as you can see the slight massaging of the intake doesn't really block off the last horn at all. Will it change airflow, probably a little but nothing I don't think we cant compensate with some tuning.

Gratuitous shot of the engine bay mostly buttoned up.

Some random interior shots

Exhaust kick out, due to the E36 M3 exhaust tips being more inward had to do a sideways kick to make it come out to the Mtech II bumper. The bumper was just thrown on to mock up the exhaust, its not entirely mounted.

Comment

Looks nice. What did you do for wiring? Is it all just stuffed in the glove box?

Comment

Working...
                                X