Sharing my experience with Accurate Engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing my experience with Accurate Engines

My initial thoughts that Mike messed up my head rebuild were wrong as far as I can tell. I was using 5W-30 oil instead of 20W-50 as recommended by the owners manual. I was burning a lot of oil during decel but I think that was due to the oil being too thin for the design of this engine. I iz dumb, but I'm glad the head is fine.

Mike seems to still do quality work. He was pretty easy to deal with and has lots of knowledge with m20 engines. I wouldn't hesitate to use him for a head rebuild again and his turn around time was quick. His shop has closed down but he has relocated it to his garage in the mill creek area.

If you would like to contact him about engine work his number is 425-822-4776.
    Last edited by cleanasse30; 09-13-2015, 06:14 PM.
    2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

I heard the shop closed down. When was the last time you spoke with him?
    Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Last time I spoke with him was when I picked up my head from him back in late spring. I tried calling him to speak with him about the oil burning issue but he didnt answer either of his phones. He moved his shop into the garage in his house during the time he worked on my head.

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

Wow! So, where are people taking their machine shop work? Action Machine Shop? I have a bottom end/short block that I was planning on dropping off in the not too distant future.
        1985 M635csi Black on Buffalo
        1985 535is Zinno on Black
        1985 M635csi White on Pacific Blue
        1988 M3 Lachssilber on Black (sold)
        1987 M3 Zinno on Black (totaled)

Comment

Do you know where he lives? I hope he has my M42 motor (spare) in storage.

Comment

Accurate is no longer a Pro3 sponsor as of this season.

I have used Action, and they do reasonable work for a very fair price,
            especially when you walk in with a single part (say a block) and want one thing done
            (say, 'bored to .020" over') I always measure their work (because it is so reasonably priced)
            and so far, everything has been accurate.

Jonny (of Autosport) does very nice work- and is priced accordingly.

Rebello builds BMW motors, right?

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

There is a good chance he may not have replaced the valve guides.

I just had a head rebuilt locally, and it took twice as long and almost cost twice as much due to valve guides for these not being readily available now it seems. The shop who did mine ended up have to make their own valve guides since I didn't want the old ones knurled instead.

That being said, as Toby mentioned, Accurate is no longer a series sponsor.
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Highlands East Auto Parts has a very good full machine shop. There's a few older machinist who have been doing it for many many years. They may not disassemble/assemble but any machining is top-notch.
                m106 1990 e30
                e36 daily
                e32 cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
                  Do you know where he lives? I hope he has my M42 motor (spare) in storage.
                  I do know where he lives. If a heavier weight oil doesn't solve my oil burning issues I'll be paying him a visit at his house to discuss it with him. If you want his address PM me.

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

Originally posted by cleanasse30 View Post
                    I do know where he lives. If a heavier weight oil doesn't solve my oil burning issues I'll be paying him a visit at his house to discuss it with him. If you want his address PM me.
                    PM inbound

Comment

Hopefully you got my PM.

Comment

Just replied

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

Highland is who built my M52. Solid work
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

C&D near Totem Lake. I was very pleased with my recent work there.

Comment

Just replied
                              Thanks man. Got it.

Comment

Working...
                              X