No announcement yet.

m42 turbo kit for 1991 318is????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sc is also somewhat limited so to speak. with a turbo you have much more options and can put out much more power

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
      The DASC hasn't been availabe new for a number of years, so it isn't really a viable option.
      It's out again, this time for the e30.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
      VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
        It's out again, this time for the e30.
        Link Please
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo View Post
          Link Please
          Call Downing atlanta, I have heard from multiple people that it's back out.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

what's the max hp can a stock m42 motor handle before throwing a rod???

Comment

Originally posted by immajackuup View Post
              what's the max hp can a stock m42 motor handle before throwing a rod???
              search hp and search lbft of torque.

Comment

guess 250hp,also it seem like m42 motor aren't FI friendly comparing to m10.

Comment

M42s are plenty friendly if you aren't fucking retarded.

I'm hoping to develop something in the upcoming months.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                    M42s are plenty friendly if you aren't fucking retarded.

I'm hoping to develop something in the upcoming months.
                    Finally somone who wants to develop a turbo kit for us m42 guys.

Comment

Someone needs to develop a low pressure bolt on kit for $2000. It would sell like hot cakes. No intercooler, using stock engine management with a chip for the DME. Just a manifold, a turbo, a Bosch bypass valve, and some hardware and plumbing. 5-7 psi. I emailed VAC about this just yesterday and Chris seems to think they can come close, but they'd need a customer car to experiment with. Anyone?

Comment

I wouldn't mind dropping my car off on the other side of the border for testing :D

Comment

Shyah. Just a short jaunt over to PA. A company like VAC that has the resources ought to pick up a cheap 318i and develop a kit imo. There are a lot of e36 guys interested in this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
                            Shyah. Just a short jaunt over to PA. A company like VAC that has the resources ought to pick up a cheap 318i and develop a kit imo. There are a lot of e36 guys interested in this as well.
                            sweet,tired of civic and tegs picking on me.

Comment

Here is a 15psi run I did in my e36 M42
                              I was going to put out a kit w/tune for the e30 and all for 12psi , but I have been side tracked with other projects

If people show enough interest I would be willing to set-up a kit w/tune for 10 to 12psi, stock internals, draw threw AFM , 42LB injectors, 2.5 exhaust, T3/T4 hybrid turbo

I can tell you however that you can easily piece together your own kits for under $1500

Here is my turbo M42 \/

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Best Regards|
                              BarrieM/// BMW Tuner

Email:midnight-tuning@rogers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Midnighttuning View Post

I can tell you however that you can easily piece together your own kits for under $1500
                                Best Regards|

PM me some info.. i would like to know about that.

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X