X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or how I wash them.
    Wash? Whassat?

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

OK this seller needs a new hobby

Nothing wrong with wanting to keep a car minty. I wash my cars 1-2 times a week and polish them every couple weeks and between washes i use a spray detail almost daily. I wash them after every rain storm too. I don't like water spots on my cars.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Man, people wash their cars too often IMO.

Shortly after we picked up the wifes new car, I did a quick polish, then seal, then wax. Used nothing but plain old water (to rinse) and quick detailer to 'clean' it over the course of a year.

This lasted through an entire winter of snow and ice (albeit it is parked in a parking garage near our store while she works, and in our garage at home).

It will be cut/polished/sealed/waxed again here shortly, and I don't expect having to do anything different this year to maintain the same level of shine.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          Nothing wrong with wanting to keep a car minty. I don't like water spots on my cars.
          I think we all share or at least support you there but this sounds to me like a classic case of objectophilia....betting that flyboyx knows all about that :-)
          Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
          Alice the Time Capsule
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

my wife's vajayjay really does it for me. does that count? in fact, i used it this morning. everything came out splendidly.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

TMI...wayyyy TMI lol
              Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
              Alice the Time Capsule
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
              87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                Man, people wash their cars too often IMO.

Shortly after we picked up the wifes new car, I did a quick polish, then seal, then wax. Used nothing but plain old water (to rinse) and quick detailer to 'clean' it over the course of a year.

This lasted through an entire winter of snow and ice (albeit it is parked in a parking garage near our store while she works, and in our garage at home).

It will be cut/polished/sealed/waxed again here shortly, and I don't expect having to do anything different this year to maintain the same level of shine.
                Says the guy who lives in AZ.

Try all four seasons!
                ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                  my wife's vajayjay really does it for me. does that count? in fact, i used it this morning. everything came out splendidly.

Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                    Ha, didn't expect that. LOL!!

But, then again.... Flyboyx. Yup, He does not disappoint!!!
                    1990 325i
                    2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                    sigpic

Comment

While his delivery is poor, this process is actually no different than what the average owner of a high dollar exotic goes through upon acquisition...

I think we just find it "outlandish" because it's a "high production" car costing less than $80k. If this was a Porsche 918, or a Koenigsegg, or a Glickenhaus Ferrari, we wouldn't find it "unreasonable."
                      Below the radar...

Comment

I don't have a problem with his care regimen, his run on sentence on the other hand....

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                          I think we just find it "outlandish" because it's a "high production" car costing less than $80k. If this was a Porsche 918, or a Koenigsegg, or a Glickenhaus Ferrari, we wouldn't find it "unreasonable."
                          Sure - but I find it strange that after going to all that trouble the guy then is looking to sell with 300km on the clock? Unless it's actually been bought by a detailer, who is trying to sell it off as "better than new" in the hopes that word gets around and people start sending their cars to him for what would normally be the initial PPI.

Otherwise, it seems he's too obsessed with it's beauty to drive the thing just in case it is no longer flawless, so is going to sell it instead?
                          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

I think I oughta go take a look at it so I can meet this guy and get a gage on what it really means to have an obsessive personality. Also, while I am test driving, I'm gonna wipe a nice crusty booger on the dash just to watch him lose his mind.

Just with that alone, I bet he would be obligated to knock 3 grand off he price
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                              While his delivery is poor, this process is actually no different than what the average owner of a high dollar exotic goes through upon acquisition...

Go ahead and make fun of us who will do as much as we can to protect the finish of our cars. I honestly don't see it as being "obsessive." I would be really proud to be able to buy a new car that I worked hard for and I would do everything I could to keep it looking new, even if it was just a cheap economy car. Swirl marks really make a car look old and neglected.
                              My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                                Says the guy who lives in AZ.

Try all four seasons!
                                Lawl

While Phoenix may have just two seasons, (kinda hot and holy hell hot) where I live, up in the mountains at 7,000+ feet elevation, we get to experience it all. We had something like 30 inches of snow in the first eight days of 2017. It was nasty. We are the 31st coldest city in the continental US, averaged over the last 30 years.

But I digress. Yes, when someone thinks of AZ they think of boring, hot, miserable, dusty desert. But I didn't buy an AWD Subaru for nothing!
                                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
                                X