Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1989 BMW 325is - S50, E30 M3 suspension, new paint

SOLD ON MARCH 26, 2018

I had this car sold on Bring a Trailer, but thanks to a non paying buyer, who wasted a month of my time, I am relisting it. Since the failed auction, this car now has 100% WORKING R134 AIR CONDITIONING!

PLEASE, DO NOT CONTACT ME UNLESS YOU ARE 100% COMMITTED AND SERIOUSLY INTERESTED IN BUYING THIS CAR.

Price is $24,999 USD, CASH ONLY. Price is negotiable, within reason, for a serious, CASH, in person, transaction. Located in Portland, Oregon.

Please PM me, with a phone number, if seriously interested.
    --------------------------
    03/1989 325is - high option car with maplight, skipass rear seat when new - best year for E30s - plastic bumpers + no airbag!
    lachssilber/silbergrau - now equipped with nice black leather sport interior
    S50B30 US/G260/rebuilt 3.73 LSD - we now call it a "330is" (it works well, IMHO)
    WORKING R134 AIR CONDITIONING
    17x8 E39 Style 5 wheels with 205/40/17 tires
    no expense spared - this car got whatever it needed
    218k on chassis, 160k on engine
    Clean OR title, in my name, in hand
    NOT CA BAR legal - read the last paragraph, please

$24,999 for the car, as it sits in the pictures, at the bottom of the ad.

Anyway, on to the car...

The car was finished in Lachssilber when new. 23 years of California sun took its toll on the paint and that was what necessitated the respray. The car was repainted the same color, Lachssilber. During the process, the door locks were welded up, as well as the hood washer nozzles and the rear tow hook. Additionally, the texturing was removed from both front and rear valances for a cleaner look. This car wears all its original, VIN matching body panels and has never been in any collisions that I know of. This was not a cheap job and it shows - the car is pin straight, the body work was well done, the paint looks amazing and the finish work was top notch. The work was all performed shortly before I bought the car and was reportedly a $10k+ job. The door jambs and engine bay were not done at this time. This car looks nicer than 98% of E30s out there.

I bought this car in September, 2013 and it was delivered to me on October 10, 2013. It was a complete rolling shell with all body parts, but zero mechanical or interior pieces, except stuff that made it roll, stop and steer. Over the course of the next year and a half, I parted out my daily driver S50 powered red car and used the healthy, lower miles engine from the red car, for this car. I spent a lot of time, carefully selecting which parts would be worthy enough to be installed on this car. All engine, suspension and brake parts listed below were bought new through my local, OE parts supplier. Most of the interior pieces were used, but in wonderful condition. They had to pass my test or they were not nice enough to belong on this car.

Body and cosmetics:

Bosch non smoked smileys - very nice shape
    New Abraham’s euro headlight grills
    NOS ZKW fogs
    New Sport EVO hood seals
    New sunroof seal
    Newer trunk seal
    Newer door seals
    Newer window seals
    New iS front spoiler
    iS side skirts
    30% tinted windows
    All new euro bumper trim
    New as of 2012 - front windshield and gasket

Drivetrain:

S50B30 US with 160k. 190 PSI across all six cylinders. We regasketed the engine with the exception of the head gasket (there was no need to). Done lots of these conversions over the years - this one is very quick for a mostly stock engine.

New Vemo crank position sensor
    New Vemo cam position sensor
    New Bosch knock sensors
    New Bosch oxygen sensor
    New FAE coolant temperature sensors
    New S52 updated timing chain tensioner
    Complete Elring gasket set including valve cover, oil pan, intake manifold, throttle body, timing cover, rear main, front main, crush washers for both Vanos and power steering, etc. I HATE oil leaks…
    I only run LiquiMoly 5w30 with a Mahle OX187/D filter, every 5000 miles/1 year, whichever comes first. Never ran anything but Chevron 92 octane fuel through this engine.

Custom modified wiring harness done by myself - everything works as it should, except for the oil level sensor (something I just never got around to)
    Modified stock OBD2 midsection with factory cats
    Stromung muffler
    Supersprint headers
    TRM tune
    21# injectors
    Lower miles G260
    Brand new driveline from I5 drivelines in 2015, new Rein CSB and guibo at the same time
    UUC DSSR and EVO3 shift lever with all new bushings and shift joint
    M20 flywheel
    New OE starter
    New Sachs stock 325i clutch, etc
    Low miles 373 LSD (appears rebuilt)
    325ix brake booster
    New TRW E34 M5 25mm master cylinder
    New 2002 remote reservoir, brake hoses, grommets and connectors (custom bracket fabricated to secure reservoir to shock tower)
    Working R134 A/C with E36 compressor, custom lines, new drier, etc.

Suspension
    E30 M3 5 lug front/rear - modified/shortened front housings. All the parts referenced from here on out were new in 2015 and have very little drive time - maybe 7000 miles tops
    Koni SA dampers
    GC coilovers 450 inch/lb front/650 inch/lb spring rates
    GC race camber plates
    Reman stock ZF E30 steering rack
    New AKG poly RTAB/SF bushings - 85a - similar specs to rubber
    Treehouse racing control arm bushings
    New Lemforder control arms
    New Lemforder tie rods
    New Gemo ebrake cables
    New rear FAG brand wheel bearings
    New front FAG brand wheel hub assemblies w/bearings
    Rebuilt M3 calipers - ATE parts used
    Pagid pads front/rear
    Zimmerman rotors front/rear
    SS brake lines
    UUC 19mm rear/21mm cabrio front sway bar

Interior
    Nice black leather sport front seats
    Very nice black leather rear seat - non ski pass
    New E46 ZHP shift knob
    Early model anthracite carpet (darker than late model stuff)
    Perfect dashboard
    Map light mirror - working
    Refurbished cluster w/ red needles, silver trim rings and new SI board
    Alpine HU
    MTX Blue Thunder 12" sub
    Custom 12" sub box by Luke Fisher
    Phoenix Gold 900.5 amp
    Nice 385mm M-Tech 1 wheel

All interior pieces are very nice and in great condition, everything works exactly as it should. I had dozens of parts to choose through when assembling this car and I used the nicest of the nice when doing so. None of these parts have any damage and are in wonderful shape.

The biggest issue this car has (which will be a downside for a few folks) is this car is not California legal and never can/never will be. It was red flagged for a non BAR legal engine swap in 2013 (shortly before I bought it, thus the reason it was parted out and sold to me) and cannot be registered in California ever again. Something that never concerned or bothered me, but it is something I want to be straight up about.

I want to reiterate this - you cannot ever register this car in California again. You would need to figure out another solution if you live in California.

Please email me with a phone number. I am glad to answer any questions you have. Absolutely no test drives without cash in hand. Motivated seller.

Please see the link below for additional, detailed pictures.
    Bid for the chance to own a S50-Powered 1989 BMW 325is at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #7,928.

Last edited by e30austin; 03-26-2018, 03:40 PM.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

sold?

You sold this car already?
    jm

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jm View Post
      You sold this car already?
      jm
      I had this car sold on Bring a Trailer, but thanks to a non paying buyer, who wasted a month of my time, I am relisting it.

Comment

christ on a cross. *starts biting nails* I was looking at this hard when it was on BaT. I miss my old S50 E30.

OP sorry to hear about the buyer falling through. I can tell by your post that you are none too thrilled and none of us can blame you. That's really unfortunate to waste so much time.

I really wish I was emotionally attached enough to the S50 E30 to take this off your hands as I have plenty of cash but I just can't justify that much for what it is. (although arguably this is among the cleanest of the clean S50 swap cars, without question). You really did a great job with the car.

I hope a good buyer comes through who really wants the car and takes care of it.
        Current:
        2011 E92 M3
        2003 E46 Touring

Past:
        (1991 318is S50-swapped track rat)
        (2011 135i)
        (2008 135i)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by i_love_cars View Post
          christ on a cross. *starts biting nails* I was looking at this hard when it was on BaT. I miss my old S50 E30.

OP sorry to hear about the buyer falling through. I can tell by your post that you are none too thrilled and none of us can blame you. That's really unfortunate to waste so much time.

I really wish I was emotionally attached enough to the S50 E30 to take this off your hands as I have plenty of cash but I just can't justify that much for what it is. (although arguably this is among the cleanest of the clean S50 swap cars, without question). You really did a great job with the car.

I hope a good buyer comes through who really wants the car and takes care of it.
          Thank you for the nice comments. I appreciate it. Make me an offer. You never know...like the post says, I am motivated to sell.

I have zero intentions of driving the car again. It needs to find a new home before I part it out (which I have zero qualms about doing).

Comment

sold below the picture

oh, I saw sold below the picture, and was going to say quick sale!!
            I think this car will sell quickly, one of the best e30 swaps I have seen!!
            glws,
            jm

Comment

Curiosity question - why on earth would you part this out?

Comment

Can you give me a list of what your full AC is? I’m redoing mine right now and would like to see what routes people have taken, besides the ones I’ve used with the search bar. Thank you, beautiful car GLWS.

Comment

Originally posted by wisslerj View Post
                  Curiosity question - why on earth would you part this out?
                  Because Gingers have no soul
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Well respectfully parting it out will net you nowhere near your asking price so I would not make that decision. Seems like a nice car

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by 0-60 freak; 03-12-2018, 06:20 PM.
                    Current Cars:
                    2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
                    2017 FERRARI 488GTB
                    2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB
                    1991 318is SLICKTOP H&R SPRING SEMA CAR
                    1991 318IS SLICKTOP STERLING SILVER
                    1990 325ic BRONZIT/AUTO :)
                    1989 E30 M3 (SOLD AWAITING SHIPPING)

On Order:
                    2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for:
                    CLEAN E30'S
                    S54 DRIVETRAIN
                    E30 DASH
                    E30 PARTS

Comment

Your photos make me miss Portland. But at least I've got Toledo.

Comment

Bat ad says ac has been removed...also notes a dent in fender both contradicts your current listing... so when somebody doesn't pay for the auction do they lose the 5% that's pre-charged to their credit card?

Current Cars:
                        2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
                        2017 FERRARI 488GTB
                        2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB

On Order:
                        2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for:
                        CLEAN E30'S
                        S54 DRIVETRAIN
                        E30 DASH
                        E30 PARTS

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60 freak View Post
                          Bat ad says ac has been removed...also notes a dent in fender both contradicts your current listing... so when somebody doesn't pay for the auction do they lose the 5% that's pre-charged to their credit card?

He added AC for the buyer who backed out.
                          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                            He added AC for the buyer who backed out.
                            Well I didn't see the part where he added it for the previous backed out buyer, it's just questions.

Current Cars:
                            2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
                            2017 FERRARI 488GTB
                            2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB

On Order:
                            2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for:
                            CLEAN E30'S
                            S54 DRIVETRAIN
                            E30 DASH
                            E30 PARTS

Comment

Thanks all for your opinions...but when you are ready to be done with something, you're ready to be done and I'm at that point. I just want to sell the car. Missed the part about the *ding* (not really a dent) as I wrote the ad quickly. I'm negotiable and want to sell this car. If there's any thing else, please PM me. Thanks

And yes, 5% is non refundable

Comment

Working...
                              X