No announcement yet.

A box with 4 wheels; from lemons to infinity and beyond-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vanos unit is currently stock; working on some other things before I Frankenstein a single and double vanos unit to cover the gap.

Realistically I may just cut from exhaust side 3rd bolt hole to the valvecover gasket on both and weld/bolt them together.

Access is still needed to tighten the exhaust side torx when setting the timing and installing single vanos.

Single vanos converted m52/54 Engine looks very much like any m50b25 with some distinct differences.

There is no water output from back of block.

There are only two water connections and they are both under the intake manifold

Last edited by Wanganstyle; 11-13-2015, 08:38 AM.
    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

We are alive.

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Air injection ports from the m54 emissions must be blocked.

Air injection on the exhaust side is easily blocked with a Wraith part that bmw had in stock.

Last edited by Wanganstyle; 11-13-2015, 08:37 AM.

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Idles happy post air injector port block off.

Water temp sender for m50 dme fits perfect in the rear of head position

Back outlet was capped with a push lock hose; front connected to e30 bottle

Going to try fitting a e39 air box as it has a restrictor built in to its inlet; may neck it down more to decrease horsepower to desired RWHP

may need some hacking to fit as its huge. No abs is nice for clearance though

The slave decided to revolt and send the piston/pushrod to go for a swim in the bell housing. Master also took a shit at the same time for attention.

50mm hole saw took care of this.

DTM wing installed to compete with the neighbors not-so-minivan

Test mode current engine bay status; will be shaking it down Black Friday @ Buttonwillow.

TRE044 installed to replace the second dead Bosch044 pump; two Bosch 044 units have died@ around 40hrs and I will setup a dual redundancy fuel supply system when the Bosch pumps get rebuilt
        Last edited by Wanganstyle; 11-24-2015, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Are you going to wrap the car or something to make it look less "Lemon-ish" also why the pink paint in the engine bay? It bothers me
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Are you going to wrap the car or something to make it look less "Lemon-ish" also why the pink paint in the engine bay? It bothers me

When you stuff a s52 into a lemons car you have to somehow distract the BS inspection guys to stop looking at the engine bay. From your response I'm guessing it worked well in the past.
            A female bust+ Ken and Barbie doll walking a dog+ large bottle of absolute vodka has also worked well with the ugly paint scheme.

Most likely I'll leave the engine bay irritating looking until the motor comes out again next season; it's a good distraction to competitors as well; they might not realize the block is alloy. Hopefully it's enough of a pita that nobody I'm racing against will replicate my setup.

Time is something I don't have much of; so making the Damm thing reliable and running has been foremost.

This e30 has been occupying my parking spot (I can rent it out for ~$200/month) @ my loft pretty much dead with a bad motor for the last year while my loft has been under construction so the fact it's not there anymore is a nice feeling of profit to come.

Dead for a year prior due to water flooding of electronics when the car lived outdoors; I needed it to GTFO and irritate my neighbors instead of my 36m so I can rent out the unit when complete -- also take advantage of all the prior work done (z4 rack, 3,91 gts3 2014 national champ spec Differential, fuelsafe cell, tc cagework, TC trailing arms, subframe etc etc etc.

I actually scrapped a much cleaner chassis because the time to transfer everything over just cost too dear.

cosmetics will happen after mechanicals are sorted and I trust this engine.

Do not stress; by q2 2016 the hella flush crowd will be drooling over it. I have my doubts about the alloy block engine but hopefully after a few shakedowns I'll believe in it.

There are also other race / instructing cars that I need to jump in and drive ;)

GTS allows unlimited aero modifications in the rules; so there will be quite a lot applied. Everything possible will happen; It's nice to have Fluid dynamics software avail + PH.D. Engineer to bounce ideas off of. Aero needs paint to stay stealth and this is part of the giant mess of playing this game

The m52TU head seems to flow less up top (4K+) than the m52b28 single vanos installed 2 engines prior; it does flow more on the bottom rpm range.
            Last edited by Wanganstyle; 11-24-2015, 03:30 PM.

Comment

that is the biggest bucket of shit I have ever seen.
              Boris - 89 E30 325i
              84- E30 323i

Comment

still here watching you create a doomsday machine...

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                Ig:ryno_pzk
                I like the tuna here.
                Originally posted by lambo
                Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                  still here watching you create a doomsday machine...
                  me too! It's a great way to disgust r3vtards by having fast + expensive+ugly all in one box.
                  they love to fanboizzzz over cheap modifications that are bolt on and do no good but then hate on actual racing.

E30's are great shitboxes for racing: they are not nice or good cars. Even if they look good it's only from a distance anyways
                  Last edited by Wanganstyle; 11-28-2015, 09:28 AM.

Comment

are you fucking high? ^ E30's are brilliant cars, an E30 that looks shit upclose is the owners fault.
                    Boris - 89 E30 325i
                    84- E30 323i

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                      E36's are great shitboxes for racing: they are not nice or good cars. Even if they look good it's only from a distance anyways
                      Fixed it for ya!
                      My Garage
                      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I kinda like MY E30. Yours isnt so bad, I like the aluminum block motors
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by bangn View Post
                          are you fucking high? ^ E30's are brilliant cars, an E30 that looks shit upclose is the owners fault.
                          i suppose you cannot read the title of this thread; "lemons" refers to a racing series of crapcan cars; this is a joke as we seriously like our lemons e30s' and all e30's. This car looks ugly now but will look hella trendy flushtasticistic in not too long of time

This is a EX-lemons car; it was intended to look bad to skirt rules. I suppose in the land down under lemons racing is a new thing; took a while to reach your shores.

this alu motor impresses me; feels more powerful than the prior m52b28 iron block.

Comment

You're wasting your breath with him. Unless your car is OEM perfect he's gonna shit on your build.
                            My Garage
                            Feedback

Comment

Jalopi?
                              BMW tech
                              Umass Amherst
                              05 wrx sti

Comment

Only one way to find out... bangn post a screen shot of your internet browser so we can see your tabs
                                My Garage
                                Feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X