Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ITB's on a 24v project, Dyno results Post 136!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
    I love being on guinea pig runs - let me know. I've got money set aside for the s50 car.
    Damn you mike! Subscribed.

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Ready when you are.
    I have an OBD2 S52 e30 and would be interested in this as well since i am moving out of CA to a state that doesn't require smog ;D

Comment

Originally posted by mammoth_e30 View Post
      Damn you mike! Subscribed.

I have an OBD2 S52 e30 and would be interested in this as well since i am moving out of CA to a state that doesn't require smog ;D
      We will be working on the obd2 coding soon. Just picked up a nice clean m52b28 we are going to use as a test mule.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Interested... for my obd2 s52

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure the OEM mounts are happy, but quick vid during a tuning session...

I know this is 2 months old, but...

Sounds like some crazy drop in a dubstep song lol

Comment

How much are the tunes for the open trumpets on an E30? I think I am going to put one of my cars up for sale so I can add this to my OBD1 S52 E30 track car... for realz
            Originally posted by LJ851
            kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
            ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
            #teamross
            Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

seriously would love to see what kinda of power curve these would create on a 3.2 ob1 setup.

Comment

I still want to see one of these setups on someone's m20.

Comment

Originally posted by mikebloco View Post
                  I still want to see one of these setups on someone's m20.
                  the manifold outlet doesnt match the m20 cylinderhead port opening
                  89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Well at least there's RHDs tib setup. I'm still trying to justify spending 1,400 on the kit though. I know on yours "digger" that you went with the 40mm correct. What about 42mm tb's on a turbo m20b28

Comment

Originally posted by mikebloco View Post
                      Well at least there's RHDs tib setup. I'm still trying to justify spending 1,400 on the kit though. I know on yours "digger" that you went with the 40mm correct. What about 42mm tb's on a turbo m20b28
                      i use 42mm but when you work it out there basically is negligable difference as the trumpets are identical so its not 2mm bigger along the entire length. just buy the manifold portion and maybe the 50mm long extensions and DIY a fabbed aluminium plenum with single throttle body. keep it simple
                      Last edited by digger; 09-21-2015, 11:52 PM.
                      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

Comment

I was thinking of itb's. Because I could run it na until I made the jump to boost

Comment

IMO if you're realistically going to be boosted one day then id use a single TB

Comment

Bump for progress on this! I am interested for fitment on an E30 swapped M52.

Is there an airbox that will work?
                            1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                            1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                              Bump for progress on this! I am interested for fitment on an E30 swapped M52.

Is there an airbox that will work?
                              We have parted ways with Jenvey, but that's not a bad thing. Rama at RHD has filled in that spot for us. :)

As far as the throttles in this post, they will be going on an s52 build, along with some TDC-paired (aka 180°) headers in a Bauer e30. The pistons were delivered today, but as far as fitment, we are a few weeks to a month out on that deal, and they will NOT be using an airbox.

The biggest hangup is the 24v engines take up more space, and decrease the available room to keep clearances around #6 cyl to keep that "bubble" around the intake clear. Realistically, the best scenario is to keep one throttle diameter of clearance around the trumpet. To stuff that inside an airbox, then clear the brake booster (or even master) si going to be a challenge.
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:
                              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

they will be going on an s52 build, along with some TDC-paired (aka 180°) headers
                                More info?

Comment

Working...
                                X