M20 swap into 318is power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 swap into 318is power

Alright guys I decided to r3v it. As you can see from my title im putting a fresh m20 into my 91 318is. Everything has been going fine till now. I have the engine in on condor engine mounts and sits perfect. My issue is with getting power from the battery to the new engine harness. On the m42 engine harness the battery adapter came right off the harness. The m20 doesnt have this adapter. The adapter plugs into the male piece off of the fire wall right next to my ecu hole. So pretty much just trying to figure out how I will be getting power to my engine. Also on a side note im pretty sure that power plug came out of the 325is fuse box but my fuse box is more modern so it looks like it was changed. Any help would be gladly appreciated

Cody-

Going by this: http://www.strictlyeta.net/technical/328i_6.html (I don't have an M20 car in front of me) and my car for reference.

You would just put the above terminal on the power distribution block located on the firewall in your 318is.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

bump

Comment

YOu need the M20 power distro block and long cable to the trunk...
        t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
        X