Tribute to my totaled Henna M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tribute to my totaled Henna M3

I posted this on the r3v fb last week, but it seemed to have disappeared. Writing up the story has been therapeutic for me, and I am moved by the outpouring of support I have received through this community. Thanks to each and every one of you who reached out.

Last Wednesday evening, I noticed my wife's Miata had a low tire. In it I found a shard of a razorblade (Thanks, Tacoma!) and instructed her to take my commuter car (Jetta TDI) into work instead. I rarely ever drive the M3 into work, but I figured one day wouldn't hurt. Boy was I wrong.

The next morning I was rear-ended by a distracted driver in a Subaru Forester on my way to work. It was easily the hardest hit I've ever felt in my life. I was on the freeway, traffic ahead had come to a stop. I slowed to a stop with it, but the driver behind me failed to notice.

I was hit at roughly 40mph, which drove me into the front of a Ford F-150, which was then pushed into a Prius taxi. Like I said, a pretty hard hit. The car is most assuredly a total loss. (I can't and won't talk about insurance details on a public forum at this point) I am overall very lucky, besides the back pain, whiplash and cuts & bruises.

This is easily the best car I've ever owned. I loved it, cared for it, and put endless hours into bringing it back from the dead. I owned it almost exactly five years, purchased it with a non-running motor and pushed it home by myself. It was rotting away in someone's driveway covered in moss and mildew - I restored and rejuvenated this car and turned it into a real looker (IMHO).

A few shots of it in its Glory Days:

Last edited by IronJoe; 10-14-2015, 01:39 PM.
    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

This still hurts my heart :( I can only imagine how you're feeling.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Nooooooooooo.....

Sorry for your loss :( Glad you are mostly ok though
      2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

Very sorry for your loss, she was beautiful.
        So sad to see this. I hope you are ok man
        sigpic
        1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

:sad:
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I saw this a few days ago on Instagram. I'm sorry for your loss. At the end of the day, you're health is the most important thing, and although some say that cars can easily be replaced, this one cant. Hopefully you can smile back at the memories you've had restoring it and driving it, and use that emotion to build another great car.

Hopefully insurance can take care of you well enough to get you back into another E30 M3. Best of luck!
            Originally posted by 36brua
            Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
            Patryk:up:
            Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
            08 VW .:R32
            04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

RIP, glad you are alright tho!

Thats must of been one hell of an impact, snapped the trunk lid completely off, wow.

Comment

Saw that FB post also. I was just trying to figure out your member name here to see who it belonged to. Things like this are beyond your control. Hopefully all goes well with the insurance and you are able to get another.
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Sorry

My condolences. Glad you are fine and like Barry said, they'll be another one.

I would definitely salvage what you can if possible...

cluster, seats, dash, C-pillar (rear window), 5 lug suspension, S14 etc.

Perhaps make a tribute of sorts down the road.
                  Last edited by Javier h; 10-14-2015, 03:50 PM.

Comment

I could've gone my whole life without seeing the post accident pictures, holy hell man, really glad that you're okay and here's hoping your hunger and love for the E30 M3 never dies and you're able to replace it.
                    r3v on!
                    C6Z
                    S2K
                    VeloN

Comment

Read about it on E30SIG and was like arg! Very sad to see this happen. What's crazy is the trunklid being launched into the air landing in front of the car in photo.

Scares me too think of driving mine anymore, maybe we should adopt the Motorcycle community idea of strobing intensity brake lights.
                      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Also saw this on Instagram. Sorry for your loss bud, hope you find another one in the future.
                        sigpic
                        '89 325i RoyalBlau Metallic - Kylie
                        Follow me on IG! @its.christiannn

Comment

literally devastated... I can only imagine how you must feel op. I was livid when my 318i was totaled. Best of luck with the claims.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                          Ig:ryno_pzk
                          I like the tuna here.
                          Originally posted by lambo
                          Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

I just had to click on this thread, what s a shame. Your health is much more important, good to hear you're ok.

Comment

Im glad to see you made it out of such a crash .sorry about your car thou

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X