FS: Motronic Dump: M1.7, M1.7.3, M5.2, 88-pin Connectors, Ignition Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Motronic Dump: M1.7, M1.7.3, M5.2, 88-pin Connectors, Ignition Drivers

With my day off, I decided to have some "fun" and go through one of the cabinets in my lab that was stuffed with spare Motronic units from over the years. Many were Frankenstein'ed and I pulled some parts from those, but I had a few complete, unmodified Motronic units which are still perfectly good. Here's what all is up for sale:

1) SOLD Motronic 1.7 w/ genuine Turner / Conforti chip. Obviously the case has been opened. The ECU + chip were tested in my 318iS today and functioned 100% fine. Stomp test returned 1444 after driving, which means no issues. $200 shipped in the US lower 48

2) SOLD Motronic 1.7 w/ stock chip. The case has been opened so that I could inspect it. The ECU + chip were tested in my 318iS today and functioned 100% fine. Stomp test returned 1444 after driving, which means no issues. $120 shipped in the US lower 48

3) Motronic 1.7 w/ stock chip. The case has been opened so that I could inspect it. The ECU + chip were tested in my 318iS today and functioned 100% fine. Stomp test returned 1444 after driving, which means no issues. $120 shipped in the US lower 48

4) Motronic 1.7.3 w/ stock chip. Case has not been opened. This is from a European M43 engine and I have no way to test it. Before going with a Link E36X, I had planned to convert to M1.7.3, but that was too much work. You'll need an EWS delete and a plausible application, or an M43 engine. $40 shipped in the US lower 48 (will ship to Europe for $35 + shipping)

5) Motronic 5.2 w/ stock flash. This is for a US M44 engine. Case has not been opened. Again, I have no way to test it and you will probably need a reflash to re-code the immobilizer. $120 shipped in the US lower 48

6) Motronic 88-pin connectors. I have 5 of them. These were all desoldered, and none of them have bent or damaged pins, and include the plastic pin holder which is essential to actually getting one of these to seat in the holes. The plastic pin holders only differ in where the little alignment pegs are, and those can just be clipped off if they interfere. These are super useful for Speeduino and Megasquirt ECU conversions. One of these has been trimmed and fitted with a custom laser-cut holder, which I had planned to use with a MS3X ECU by soldering wires to the pins. They are compatible with all M4x and M5x engine harnesses that used Bosch ECUs. $50 shipped in the US lower 48 for the un-chopped ones, $30 for the chopped one.

7) SOLD Jim-Stim board. It includes the DB37 receptacle and terminal blocks for connecting it however you want to Megasquirt or anything else. I successfully used this to simulate an M42 when I was doing some tests with aftermarket ECUs, so it works, and you can use it for all sorts of stuff. $70 shipped in the US lower 48 (retail is $120)
    Documentation is here:
    http://jbperf.com/JimStim/index.html

8 ) Genuine Bosch IGBT ignition coil driver transistors. These were all pulled from M1.7, M1.7.2 and M1.7.3 units. They are good to at least 10A @ 4ms dwell, and clamp the primary flyback to ~420V. These are nice, ruggedized OEM automotive grade transistors, perfect for your aftermarket ECU conversion that needs to drive coils directly. Alternatively, if you are an M42 owner, it does not hurt to keep some spares around. These are known to die when a short circuit in the wiring or coil is left unaddressed for too long, and it's a lot cheaper to replace one of these than the whole ECU. There is also one set from a M1.7.3 here, which has a different pinout than the M1.7/M1.7.2 ones, so those are really only good for aftermarket projects. $5 each + flat 8 shipping (USPS Priority)

9) A full 88-pin connector pair (harness side plug + ECU side receptacle). None of the locking tangs are broken and all terminal positions lock correctly. This is all you need to convert any harness to use the Bosch 88 pin system. No terminals are included, but the required TE/Amp PNs are below. Price is $100 shipped in the US lower 48.

The 26 larger terminal positions use:
    - TE/Amp Junior Power Timer (0.5-1.0 mm^2 wire), 927771-3
    - TE/Amp Junior Power Timer (1.0-2.5 mm^2 wire), 927768-3

The 62 smaller terminal positions use:
    - TE/Amp Micro Timer 1, 929952-1

10) C101 connector (engine harness side). Clean, properly de-pinned, includes rubber boot. No terminals are included, but PNs are below. I recommend owning the correct extraction tool for these as there is no other way to get terminals back out. Price is $30 shipped in the US lower 48.
    - TE/Amp 2.5mm circular system (0.5-1.0 mm^2 wire), 929963-1
    - TE/Amp 2.5mm circular system (1.0-2.5 mm^2 wire), 929964-1
    - Extraction tool, https://www.amazon.com/YSTOOL-Termin.../dp/B096ZJ5T45 (I do not see an individual tool anywhere, but it is #2 in this kit)

11) Diagnostic plug cap. The plastic leash is fully intact and not dried-out/cracked. Price is $25 shipped in the US lower 48.

Payment is via PayPal only.

PICTURES

Item 1 SOLD

Item 2 SOLD

Item 3

Item 4

Item 5

Item(s) 6

Item 7 SOLD

Item(s) 8

Item(s) 9

Item 10

Item 11

Greetings from "Dude with a post count of 1" over on Speeduino!
    Last edited by bmwman91; 12-17-2021, 08:08 PM.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Changed and added some stuff to the listing.

Comment

Bump

Comment

OK, I finally finished up a drawing detailing the footprint dimensions for the PCB-side connectors. All necessary info should be here for building a footprint in ECAD software, if anyone is interested.

A PNG image is shown here, and a vector SVG is also linked (created with Inkscape). At the bottom is a diagram for the terminals when looking at the ECU / PCB-side connector.

Connector asking prices were also lowered.

Comment

Wish this were posted a while ago haha, I could've used the DME connector instead of one I picked up from ebay.

In any case, here's a free bump for a great seller.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Ha, thanks dude! Yeah, the connectors are sort of unusual items, and rarely needed...but when they are, it is hard to track them down (unless you are really really good at desoldering and find a cheap Motronic to butcher).

Comment

Bump, still got some of this for sale!

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post

6) Motronic 88-pin connectors. I have 5 of them. These were all desoldered, and none of them have bent or damaged pins, and include the plastic pin holder which is essential to actually getting one of these to seat in the holes. The plastic pin holders only differ in where the little alignment pegs are, and those can just be clipped off if they interfere. These are super useful for Speeduino and Megasquirt ECU conversions. One of these has been trimmed and fitted with a custom laser-cut holder, which I had planned to use with a MS3X ECU by soldering wires to the pins. They are compatible with all M4x and M5x engine harnesses that used Bosch ECUs. $50 shipped in the US lower 48 for the un-chopped ones, $30 for the chopped one.

PICTURES

Item(s) 6

Message sent about these.
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                X