Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: full power steering setup (lines, brackets, reservoir, hardware, etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: full power steering setup (lines, brackets, reservoir, hardware, etc.)

I'm looking for all the necessary parts to return power steering into my car that is now fully manual.

I'm buying the rack & pump separately, but need every piece (including hardware) to return PS into my car.

So if you've got a parts car - that would be ideal.

Let me know what you've got.

I am also looking for a power steering pump. Where did you get yours?
    1989 325is ✨

Comment

I have one of the saucer bolts needed for the power steering setup for sale. You'll find they are NLA from bmw/vendors and I have an ongoing listing. Send me a PM

Comment

I'm really looking to buy everything together as a package from a donor car and not piece it together.

Comment

The OE hardware is often found abused, misused corroded etc but best of luck. The hardware is usually damaged when people don't understand how the pump adjustment works.

Comment

the saucer bolts aren't hard to source. they're easy to find locally at most hardware retailers. it's the adjuster nut and bracket that are cheese.

Comment

Personally I don't trust hardware store bolts on engines , driveline etc etc. For some stuff sure, but on stressed components or those that go through lots of heat cycles I don't take the chance. If you are aware of one store that sells zinc coated metric carriage bolts please let me know as I had zero luck finding any. Hence why I ordered a bunch from a reputable supplier (minimum order qty) and am trying to distribute them to us e30 ppl.

Comment

Working...
              X