Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stupid question, just droped $$ to miller maf, if i go with this mega, do i have to run a MAP?
    Originally Posted by Exodus
    He also kept asking why someone local didn't just go to the guys house and break his kneecaps, as they would do in Romania. He couldn't understand how us Americans are so laid back about shit like this.

Comment

Awesome, thanks Keith.

Alex: the MS has a built in MAP, and don't listen to my advice...
      Last edited by ChrisLundy; 08-14-2013, 10:20 PM. Reason: wrong

Comment

Originally posted by AlexHale View Post
        stupid question, just droped $$ to miller maf, if i go with this mega, do i have to run a MAP?
        You don't have to run a MAP sensor that is just the most common/default/simplest to use. you can also run MAF, Alpha-N, hybrid, etc.
        My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
        4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

any updates on the current batch of kits?

I'm real itchy to work on the car, but i want to do the MS conversion before i start fiddlin with shit.

and thanks for answering all my questions!
          sigpic

Comment

Interested in getting a MS set up running my car, before I supercharge.

Just wondering, since I'm M50 swapped and already have coils over plugs, if wasted spark is needed? Isn't the main goal of that to remove the distributor?

EDIT: I just read through the whole thread, do you have an M50 set up yet?
            Last edited by MaxBell; 09-17-2013, 03:40 AM.
            REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

I would also be interested in a ms3 pnp setup for a 24v motor if it were ever available.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                I would also be interested in a ms3 pnp setup for a 24v motor if it were ever available.
                Is this not available for 24v motors?

Comment

Definitely interested in a pnp for 24v swaps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                  The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

What 24v motors do you have? I may think about making a PNP adapter for ms3x, but its not as easy as the 55 pins.

Comment

The 24v one has changed directions a few times but I have recently started back on finishing it. When I first started a 24v version I had originally hoped to fit a MS3 but the stock cases are so thin it makes it tough. I then was just going with a Microsquirt MS2 module based one for the simplicity and that it will fit in the stock case well.

I then picked up a MS3pro module when it released and have it in the works. The module will be perfect but is $850 by itself, is this going to push it outside most peoples budget? Should I still offer a MS2 based one, it would be half the cost of a MS3 one but offers half the features...
                      My M20 Frankenbuild(s)

Comment

I'm running an obd1 s52 swap. Full motor rebuild, pistons, headwork etc. Right now running a TRM chip which works ok but not great. And don't even ask what happens when you unplug the battery to reset the tune.
                        Been thinking about switching to OBD2 over the winter but would much rather do MS3 if it becomes available.
                        The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Your inbox is full, but yeh I'm looking for a system that would be appropriate for my Eaton M90 supercharger build. I'd like to get my M50B25 running megasquirt before I start trying to build the SC.

Are there any serious tangible benefits that I would see in MS3 over an MS2 system?

Comment

Originally posted by MaxBell View Post
                            Your inbox is full, but yeh I'm looking for a system that would be appropriate for my Eaton M90 supercharger build. I'd like to get my M50B25 running megasquirt before I start trying to build the SC.

Are there any serious tangible benefits that I would see in MS3 over an MS2 system?
                            Thank you, I need to purge it and reply to a few PMs... I can always be emailed at w h o d w h o @ c o x . n e t

With MS2 you would run semi-seq and wasted spark, you would want to run MS3 to run sequential.

Smart plan to get familiar with it pre boost!
                            Last edited by whodwho; 09-21-2013, 08:05 PM.
                            My M20 Frankenbuild(s)

Comment

For the M20 guys, I am running behind on getting these built for current orders and you wont get a better deal then this and I can assist with getting you up and running ;)

My M20 Frankenbuild(s)

Comment

Wow! Where is that board from? I made one in 2008....but the board wasn't nearly that nice! How old is this?
                                - Sean Hayes

Comment

Working...
                                X