Kamotors Rivet on Fender flares.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
    early model flares should be done on sunday.
    Nice! Can't wait to see them!
    84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
    Manual swap all the things!

Comment

early model flares should be done on sunday.
      how will they fit on a four door early model?
      -1986 S50Turbo Sedan (475WHP/417WTQ) Castromotorsport Built (Sold)
      -1987 Coupe (17x10.5"/17x14")
      Castromotorsport / Buddha_Concept_designs Built *UnderConstruction*

Follow me on Instagram: obes_sebo
      For more updates:)
      Purchase FeedBack http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=278838

Comment

excited to see these early flares...
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

these are $325 shipped no mater what model you have.
          obviously things like aftermarket bumper may require a bit of sanding to the tail edge of the flare if its thicker than stock but other than that these fit the early model just as good as late models.

Early model design is done! fits great
          fits 2drs and 4 drs
          diving boards and plastic bumper conversions.
          clears gas door and rear doors on 4dr

You NEED to specify to me exactly what year and bumpers are on your car for these to fit right

7speedshop.com

Comment

difference between diving board and plastic bumper

7speedshop.com

Comment

first DB set shipping out today(hardware not pictured)

7speedshop.com

Comment

here is some instructions to help get a good install.
                1. hold up against car and check fitment between flares and bumper as well as flare and door trim. Remember the flare will conform to the arch shape as you install, without screws you can only get a rough idea of final fitment.
                2.Entire OEM flare should be removed when doing final install on these for perfect fit and function.
                the lower "leg" near the door trim on each flare needs to be physically pulled to the shape of the arch after the other points have been attached.

3. After screws 1 and 2 ensure that the rest of the flare will conform to the arch and make marks to drill while holding the flare to the correct shape. failure to do so can result in poor fitment.

4. front is about the same as the rear only with a bit less room for play. the OEM flare will interfere a bit during the test fitting but after you cut it out the new flare will fit flush.

after you have test fit your flares its time to cut out the OEM flare.

compare how small the OEM flares are

rear cut
                5.Enjoy your new found awesomeness

Last edited by kamotors; 01-10-2013, 02:40 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Do the early flares come in the "extra wide" version?
                  Can they be ordered without the 2door side trim notch, and without the 4door notch?
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I do not have extra wide for anything yet. I can do no notch easily.

7speedshop.com

Comment

I got my early DB set in the mail today. Thanks man! Hopefully I'll have a chance to mount them this weekend!
                      84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350

Comment

Rears on, don't think I'll have fronts on 'till this weekend.

Comment

Nice work! Can you elaborate on how different the wider flares will sit against the bumper? I have a late model.

My fenders are fiberglass flares that are built into the body and painted but they're cracking because of rubbing yada yada yada I'm very interested in these flares!!
                          Last edited by DrLeadFoot; 01-17-2013, 08:05 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Instagram: @DrLeadFoot

Comment

nice job on the flares, they look great! not going to use welting?

7speedshop.com

Comment

nice job on the flares, they look great! not going to use welting?
                              Welting is going to look a million times better. There is a slight gap between the flare and the quarter panel in one or two spots that the welting would fill perfectly. I have welting and rivnuts on order but I'm just impatient. :D When that stuff gets here I'll pull them off and probably see what they'd look like if I shot them body colored as well.

Comment

yeah welting really cleans up the look. body color would also look good

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X