No announcement yet.

FS: E30 M3 Front 5 Lug Setup + GC Coilovers + Control Arms SOLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the difference between a scalper (such as a person who buys BMW parts on R3V to sell them for $1K more) and a catfish?

One's a slimy scum-sucking bottom-dwelling scavenger; the other is a fish.

Comment

^ I really don't think thats fair to say. The seller got what he wanted for them. Its not the current owners fault the seller didn't price them right.
      My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I don’t even sell them and people still give me shit.

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
          ^ I really don't think thats fair to say. The seller got what he wanted for them.
          I agree, it's not his fault. Like anything else, political views, religious, etc. your opinion on where fault lies is going to depend on your point of view.

1. People should not have asked me to ship. = Their fault
          2. I should not have deviated from my ad about shipping = My fault
          3. Everyone was trying to take advantage of my ignorance on pricing = My fault or their fault depending on your moral point of view.

At the end of the day, the original buyer will get his money back (PayPal said it will take til next week, shows pending on my end). PRF3CT got a great deal on parts. He should be able to do with them as he sees fit. And lastly I don't have to ship something that I can't even lift at the moment. My back went into spasms swinging the mini sledge trying to remove the control arms.

And again, before anyone passes judgement on my personal character... which it seems a few are quick to. This is a low dollar transaction that I am not dodging. Nobody came forward and told me what these were worth before learning they were sold. Everyone wanted me to ship, but all tried to low-ball AND get me to ship. I did not sell to the local for a huge amount of money, even after learning what they were worth. The issue was never the money. I just got back from a Dr. appt where it was confirmed I need a microdiskectomy (back surgery) and am scheduled for before the end of the year. Won't find out exactly when until after my pre-op sreening blood tests. I will be doing rehab over the holidays (yay!). So remember, there are much more important things in life, nobody lost anything here, and I am very sorry to the original buyer. Lesson learned.
          "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
          -----------------------------------------
          91 318is Turbo Sold
          87 325 Daily driver Sold
          06 4.8is X5
          06 Mtec X3
          05 4.4i X5 Sold
          92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
          90 325i Sold
          97 328is Sold
          01 323ci Sold
          92 325i Sold
          83 528e Totaled
          98 328i Sold
          93 325i Sold

Comment

Now that I know of your back troubles, I apologize for hitting you with a higher offer to offset shipping inconvenience.

For a split second awaiting your response, however, it felt like I had asked Emma Watson out for drinks and she was actually considering my proposition.

Let me tell you, what a real high that was.
            1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
            1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
              Now that I know of your back troubles, I apologize for hitting you with a higher offer to offset shipping inconvenience.

For a split second awaiting your response, however, it felt like I had asked Emma Watson out for drinks and she was actually considering my proposition.

Let me tell you, what a real high that was.
              It's all good. I'm sure all anybody saw was the opportunity for drinks with Emma Watson. ;)

Thanks for understanding, and for the good laugh. Even my wife got a good chuckle out of that. :up:

Oh, and got a call today from surgeon's office... Thanksgiving will be my last holiday with this piece of shrapnel (not literal shrapnel, it's a broken disk) sitting on my nerve in my lower back. :) Surgery is scheduled for a few days later. Will suck not being able to lift my kids during the Christmas holiday, but at least I can look forward to being able to do more with them in the future.
              "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
              -----------------------------------------
              91 318is Turbo Sold
              87 325 Daily driver Sold
              06 4.8is X5
              06 Mtec X3
              05 4.4i X5 Sold
              92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
              90 325i Sold
              97 328is Sold
              01 323ci Sold
              92 325i Sold
              83 528e Totaled