Wtb carbon fiber hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtb carbon fiber hood

Does anybody have a carbon fiber hood for sale? Let me know what you have thanks!

https://karbonius.net/producto/bmw-e...d-hood-bonnet/

This is the closest option I found of an actual carbon hood, might be able to get it thru Turner Motorsports or VAC as they are now selling Karbonius.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
      https://karbonius.net/producto/bmw-e...d-hood-bonnet/

This is the closest option I found of an actual carbon hood, might be able to get it thru Turner Motorsports or VAC as they are now selling Karbonius.
      Thanks for the lead. Looks like a beautiful hood, I’m in the process of reaching out to the company to see about shipping to the u.s etc. just wondering if anyone on the forums has any experience with this company.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsolly View Post

Thanks for the lead. Looks like a beautiful hood, I’m in the process of reaching out to the company to see about shipping to the u.s etc. just wondering if anyone on the forums has any experience with this company.
        Your shipping option probably has better luck reaching out to a US distributor and have them order it on their next batch.

Any other FULL carbon hoods in the US will probably be one off and significantly more.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post

Your shipping option probably has better luck reaching out to a US distributor and have them order it on their next batch.

Any other FULL carbon hoods in the US will probably be one off and significantly more.
          I contacted ecs and they put it up on there site! Good call i placed my order I’m hoping it doesn’t take forever.

Comment

I always recommend Turner over ECS , at least support the OG’s.

Now I'm going to have try avoid ordering one… !
            Last edited by moatilliatta; 11-24-2021, 05:42 AM.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

How's that order looking?

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

these guys made my hood - https://www.mashaw.com/html/product_info_BMW.html

doesn't look like they list the pure carbon fiber hood, it's composite now, but they definitely used to make them.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

They aren't making them right now. Checked a few weeks ago.

Karbonius is super back order and may not make them again according to Turner.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Bummer.

Even back in 2007, MA Shaw told me that my hood was a giant PITA, and they may never make them again, lol.

The body shop also said it was the best fitting aftermarket / carbon fiber hood they'd ever seen.. so at least it was worth it!
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

An Ma shaw popped up few hours south, even drove though while going down to Daytona 24h, didn't have time to stop. Sold quickly. Kinda kinking myself.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                      X