ID:	10021731

Leave a comment:

• ImTryingMyBest
    replied
    Russ7 scammed me.

Leave a comment:

• Schneller 3er
    replied
    I know this one was brought up before.....how is this scammer still allowed to be on here?!?

"
    Russ7 05-04-2021, 01:30 AM
    I've got this kindly send me a text via (304) 853-1716 for pictures and price"

Leave a comment:

• packratbimmer
    replied
    I'm a big grown man, but this makes me cry. I remember sending checks in the mail to my BMW friends back in the day - never got burned. Thanks to the mods for fighting this scourge!

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    Unfortunately, we have limited tools to deal with PM spammers. Forum posts are easier, although still painful - since we can see them, I can just check a bunch off spam posts at once, delete their posts and ban them all at once.

However, mods can't see spam sent through PMs at all. The only recourse is to PM us (me) with the names and we (I) can ban them, but we can't delete spam PMs, and it has to be done manually (*and* I'm the only currently active mod with ban powers).

Honestly, I probably won't get to them immediately - and it's likely they'll send 1 or 2 PMs (or post once), and just register a new account knowing they're about to get booted. So there's almost no point to banning them at all. Probably the best course of action is to ignore the post (especially if they are recently registered and no or little forum posts) and delete it.

I'm not even a "super" mod, lol. I think that's JasonC - he's the only person besides James as far as I know that can grant powers to new mods, but he hasn't been active.
    Last edited by nando; 04-19-2021, 07:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Just buy from established users, anyone with a join date after 2020 is suspect.
    Last edited by roguetoaster; 05-12-2021, 05:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BMWgirl11
    replied
    Thanks for heads up.

Leave a comment:

• Reiner
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

In case you haven't seen, the forum basically has one active mod who can delete posts, but not ban users, and one super mod who can ban, but isn't often on the forum. The site owner is pretty much MIA, so expect zero improvement.
    Thanks for letting me know

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Reiner View Post
    Well this saved me from Russ7 trying to sell me a M52B28

How are these known scammers still able to use PM
    In case you haven't seen, the forum basically has one active mod who can delete posts, but not ban users, and one super mod who can ban, but isn't often on the forum. The site owner is pretty much MIA, so expect zero improvement.

Leave a comment:

• Reiner
    replied
    Well this saved me from Russ7 trying to sell me a M52B28

How are these known scammers still able to use PM
    Last edited by Reiner; 04-09-2021, 11:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• restart
    replied
    yeah. Me too! Please ban
    screenshot
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BA425672-6584-401A-985D-91F319C9A182.png
Views:	233
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	9980430

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
    I been contacted by a scammer from a newby user name fmack09.
    The email sent to me sawyergold9@gmail.com

Leave a comment:

• e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    I been contacted by a scammer from a newby user name fmack09.
    The email sent to me sawyergold9@gmail.com

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Folks, if the always slightly off language doesn't clue you in, just look at their user details, and you will see why they are not legit.

Individually calling them out won't help since the power mods/owner appear to be MIA, and the user probably won't be banned for some time.

We are on our own for transactions, be smart.

Leave a comment:

• marmont
    replied
    Message from fmack09
    "hi mate i have someone that have Cruise control,obc,map light,tweeters forsale pm andersonfrankly68@gmail .com"

Leave a comment:

• AWDBOB
    replied
    Drey76 is a scammy scammer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X