M20 Long Tube Header GB Feeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaksV View Post
    According to UPS. the test headers get here on the 11th. that means that that night you will have pictures, the next day I will weld on the corrected thicker flanges i already have and install them on friday hopefully or worst case Sunday (I have autoX on saturday). There will be a detailed writeup made. I will do my best to ship them out ASAP, but there are other considerations. IT will take about a month from me shipping them to us getting the first order in. Meaning that we will no longer be doing a GB. an undisclosed (at this time) vendor has been selected to sell these. Meaning there is no order filling ect - we plan on getting 2-300 copies in the first shippment, and they will be available through that vendor to the global e30 market.

Wait what? I thought there has already been a prototype received at some? I thought the "good/thick" flanges were already supposed to be on due to the quoted and bolded post? (dated 2-4-11)

it is exactly what you wrote there. we have a place over there that is set upto machine these bad boys, they have sent us a prototype with single flanges - we bought white325 solid flanges that we are going to weld ontothe prototype and when we sent it back all the new ones will come with the stronger single flanges.

now this project is on track but I can only tellyou what I know. I am told that the headers are on their way here, so thats what I am telling you. I promise it will all be worth the wait...

Honestly, I'm all in for inexpensive, thickerwall headers but according to the time line, you were sent a single flange header, then send it back with single flange while waiting on the 2 piece flanges to come in, and now you're waiting on another single flange to come back so you can install the thick flange and send 'em back to China for production? WTH?

For the money in all that shipping you could have bought an ebay header copy of the same design you copied, welded the good flanges on, and send 'em to China and say "I want these with thicker tubing...

Comment

dude you are confused. we have a set of headers with shitty single flanges. we are gonna cut those off and put on the good 3 tube in one flange flanges on them and ship them back to copy.
      CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Need Quality Brakes? BimmerBrakes has it!
      For anything Else go with BluntTech!

Comment

I am confused because in a post dated in FEBRUARY you said they sent you a header set up with shitty single flanges and you bought nice flanges to weld on. Yet here in May we are still waiting for the prototype to show up? Even though you said you already received one?

Comment

so now that there is not going to be a group buy are we expecting for you to break your promise that they will be under $200 shipped?
          ]

Comment

dude you are confused. we have a set of headers with shitty single flanges. we are gonna cut those off and put on the good 3 tube in one flange flanges on them and ship them back to copy.
            so, they are just regular Ebay/china headers with a different flange? :(
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Think they are going to get their own proprietary primary tube design for this price? It sounds like that to me too, that all that its being changed from whatever original chinese m20 header they're using is the flange. Kind of why I never showed any interest, and subsequently 24v swapped anyway.

Comment

It's too bad for M20 headers its either:
                1. Sucky chinese crap
                2. $$$$ Stahl <-Just got a quote from Korman today for $1150. And of course, Stahl won't be making pre-assembled headers after June 1st.
                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

that's too bad. I'd prefer to buy their tubes and make my own anyway. If I ever do another set of headers, that's what I'll do.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

^As I understand, after June 1st, they will sell only the kits to make the headers, so you should be good on that.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by AutoXinE30 View Post
                      I am confused because in a post dated in FEBRUARY you said they sent you a header set up with shitty single flanges and you bought nice flanges to weld on. Yet here in May we are still waiting for the prototype to show up? Even though you said you already received one?
                      I said in feb I was supposed to recieve a header, at that point all I had is white325i flanges. Not sure what the confusion is, but the headers themselves are ariving today.

the headers had simple cheap flanges welded to each pipe, we want to have 3 collectors running into one flange.....

Originally posted by E30_(1st Musk)_ View Post
                      so now that there is not going to be a group buy are we expecting for you to break your promise that they will be under $200 shipped?
                      the price will be determined based on other business concerns that are being worked out right now. we are still shooting for the 2-300 mark. Making them still less than half the brice of bav/STAHL headers and undercutting stupid OBX ebay crap.

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      so, they are just regular Ebay/china headers with a different flange? :(
                      nope. they are not copies of copies. Thats why we have a prototype mocked up. otherwise we could just buy some ebay ones and resell them,......

Originally posted by Justin B View Post
                      Think they are going to get their own proprietary primary tube design for this price? It sounds like that to me too, that all that its being changed from whatever original chinese m20 header they're using is the flange. Kind of why I never showed any interest, and subsequently 24v swapped anyway.
                      you like your swap? I plan on going that way as well, but again these are not ebay headers....

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      It's too bad for M20 headers its either:
                      1. Sucky chinese crap
                      2. $$$$ Stahl <-Just got a quote from Korman today for $1150. And of course, Stahl won't be making pre-assembled headers after June 1st.
                      now you will have a 3rd option. Stahl style headers for about 1/3 of that price. .....

that's too bad. I'd prefer to buy their tubes and make my own anyway. If I ever do another set of headers, that's what I'll do.
                      good luck.

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      ^As I understand, after June 1st, they will sell only the kits to make the headers, so you should be good on that.
                      yup.

anyway prototype coming later today (currently on vehicle for delivery) will post pics and notes later tonight.

As always we appreciate your patience.
                      Last edited by MaksV; 05-11-2011, 06:14 PM.
                      CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Comment

Here you gents. the pictures... Stainless steel, Stalhl style replicas made specifically for us. I have a CCA autoX and I got to figure out who will do the welding for me, but hopefully these bad boys will go on either this weekend or early next week.

NOTE: These are preproduction models, so the final piece sold may be different.

CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Comment

Uhm, wow? Do I get to tell you "i told you so" now?

All this bullshit about a custom design, how it would be made and tested here in the USA, months of waiting, and its literally an ebay header you could have bought on ebay for $150 6 months ago?

This is pretty damn funny. I mean you're joking, right? Where's the real headers?
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

P.S. That is nothing like the Stahl design
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Uhm, wow? Do I get to tell you "i told you so" now?

All this bullshit about a custom design, how it would be made and tested here in the USA, months of waiting, and its literally an ebay header you could have bought on ebay for $150 6 months ago?

This is pretty damn funny. I mean you're joking, right? Where's the real headers?
                              I am sorry, but are you slow? clearly this whole thing is going a bit over your head. I generally avoid bitching at mods, but you really seem to have a problem. This design was "barrowed" from Stahl, however the quality of piece is not the same as the OBX stuff sold on ebay. You also notice the flanges we are going to change right? or did you overlook that? furthermore, there will eventually be a midpipe piece to go with them for a total bolt in design. sorry to rain on your parade....
                              CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Comment

original stahl

ours

granted teh angles arnt the best for comparison but it is pretty much the same, except ours are two piece. Makes shipping easier, and cheaper to produce in the long run.
                                CHEAP REBUILT INJECTORS

Comment

Working...
                                X