e30 Keyless Entry (Sold Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30BMart View Post
    the battery in the big unit or in the controller with the buttons?
    im talking about the actual transmitter itself that has the buttons on it. Its the same as the ones for Volkswagens (i work at a vw dealership) 90% of the time you have a range issue with these transmitters its a battery issue. (not saying this is the case with this, as the hardware COULD be different.)
    My Build Thread Here (E30) ---> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=240528
    And Here (2002tii) ---> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...35#post3173435

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenVert View Post
      Did Winston end up ordering the rest? He was supposed to group buy for a group of us in BC. Just curious as I havent heard from him in a few days.
      I was out of town and I did not reply to him in time so I missed out on the last few units.

I'm waiting for the restock and the new e46 style keyed alarm units.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Its the same thing with both remotes i need to be very very close. Does it still indicate its the batteries? Or should i try placing the main unit differently

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

Could be a battery issue if somehow they were constantly pressed, maybe in packaging or shipping. Ive got mine under the dash by the kick panel and can lock and unlock from a reasonable distance.
          -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Originally posted by e30BMart View Post
            Its the same thing with both remotes i need to be very very close. Does it still indicate its the batteries? Or should i try placing the main unit differently

I'll exchange out the system once they are back in stock.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
              I'll exchange out the system once they are back in stock.
              So you dont think its the battery im guessing?

Comment

Seems unlikely that both remotes would have bad batteries. Its possible. Do you have a voltage tester?
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

when will there be more for E30s? :D
                  sigpic
                  ^Back in the game^
                  BUILD THREAD: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=201281
                  FS thread:
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=214105

Comment

Its a different circuit board. The remotes operate withing the same frequency range. There is a momentary button for the learn unction inside the unit. I'll ask the manufacturer about the code learning procedure. Are you looking to upgrade to a full alarm but keep the flip keys?
                    I was just wondering if we could use the e46 type key on the old system as I would prefer that.

Comment

Got mine. Works great.

:up:

Wish it had the 'beep' like the e39. That would be fancy
                      Last edited by blackhawkimpact; 02-28-2012, 01:23 AM.

Comment

that looks sweet, howd you get the little bmw in there?

Comment

Looks like a 14mm badge from ebay. The recess for the keys is 13.716mm or .54". Its hard to tell from the picture but it appears that it is not inside the recess which is why i'm guessing 14mm. 14mm is the size of the mercedes style fobs that came in the original UAS kits and similar LED keys sold on ebay. If everyone prefers the BMW rondell i can order them. They cost half as much as my custom order GE logos but I don't think the quality compares.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Looks like a 14mm badge from ebay. The recess for the keys is 13.716mm or .54". Its hard to tell from the picture but it appears that it is not inside the recess which is why i'm guessing 14mm. 14mm is the size of the mercedes style fobs that came in the original UAS kits and similar LED keys sold on ebay. If everyone prefers the BMW rondell i can order them. They cost half as much as my custom order GE logos but I don't think the quality compares.
                            Ya, they are not hard to find for cheap...
                            autokey,paypal,keyblank,transponder key blanks,autolock,automam,remote control,remote master,pick lock,lock pick,locksmith,car lock,keymam,aloa,key shell,key cutting machine,transponder,keyblank china,USA keyblank,degetools,Qinuo,winbag,BMW Logo for Flip Key

not sure of quality. I was looking at ordering for my keys but I have grown accustom the GE badge:)

Comment

so are these back in stock?

Comment

I would be down for a set of BMW logos to go on my fobs. Any chance that might happen? I don't mind the GE logo, but I would prefer to have a BMW logo on it instead.
                                1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                                2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                                2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Working...
                                X