No announcement yet.

e30 Keyless Entry (Sold Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thought I'd share what I did today.

To finally complete my keyless entry that I got a year ago.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
    ---------------------------------
    89 E30 S52
    ---------------------------------
    Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Can you post up info on those fobs and what you had to do? Looks nice
      -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Einstien please clear your PM's I need to pm you a question regarding the keyless system

Comment

Ordered! Hope I don't get to much customs on it.

Comment

Mine showed up yesterday. Well packaged and everything looks like a quality product, cant wait to install it when its a little warmer out.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Will be ordering one as soon as she is back on the road.
              sigpic

Comment

Ordered!

Went over to redsubdivisions for some car tlc. He showed me the keyless entry...2 hours later..I went home and placed an order.

Awesome deal for 12 easy payments of $5. That is less than a latte a month (no I don't drink lattes, but everyone I know who does are broke).

Comment

I've heard that some locksmith might try some funny business and try to charge extra for them to cut your "special key" even though its just a standard 20 year old BMW key. Therefore the GE logos will no longer be applied to the fobs. They will be enclosed for you to install once the keys have been cut. That way you can remove the 2 screws that are under where the decal goes to remove the key blades. This will allow you to bring them just the blades and not the fobs so they are less likely to try and bend you over on a basic key cut job. I'll post a you tube video tomorrow on how to easily disassemble the blades and re-install them.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                  My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

just ordered, thanks!

Comment

I was able to sneak the screws out of the blade without disassembling the fob.
                      -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

I was able to take it to my local locksmith and he cut my key with no problems. He obviously wouldn't guarantee it because I brought it in, but it worked out great with no problems. I'm happy with the results. Definitely beats going to my trunk to lock and unlock my car every time I want to get into it.
                        1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                        2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                        2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Just ordered. Can't wait to get my hands on this. Thanks einstein57.
                          1988 325ix

Comment

Went to the post office at 4 and the box said 3:00pm pick up. That was the only time on the box and the line was at least 45 min long. Anywho in other news group buy price will continue until March 1st.

www.gecoils.com
                            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

awesome to hear the extention not sure if I want 2 or 1, time to think
                              "I wanna see da boat movie"
                              "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

keyless entry kit from German Engineering

I ordered the kit on a Tuesday and it arrived from California on Friday. Very smooth ordering process and fast service.

I installed the keyless system this past weekend, and used the install write-up posted earlier in this thread. Other than having to stand on my head to access the driver's side footwell, the install was easy and simple.

I have to say that given the price point of the GE kit, I'm very very pleased with it. The kit was nicely packaged, works just fine and is worth every penny. Its hard to find any faults with the German Engineering kit.
                                1993 Alpine White II 325i convertible (last year of E30 production)
                                1988 Zinnoberot 325 Super ETA coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X