No announcement yet.

Racing Dynamics m20 e30 headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can compare them to the pictures of my headers. While also ceramic coated, they are original e30 m20 RD headers. The pics are either at the beginning of this thread or the thread on e30 tech, probably both. It looks like the cuts and welds are in slightly different locations, the collectors look a little more modern.

For the price, these are still good. Not as good as originally advertised for, but still good.
    sigpic
    Gun control means using both hands
    Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

yes, and again, my sole necessity is function.
      i know its a huge undertaking for equal length headers, if im in for a penny, im in for a pound. (however that works out here)...im also very glad to see they made it through customs...im as excited as ive ever been for headers
      Last edited by idanity; 07-23-2012, 08:56 AM. Reason: stupid spelling
      3 pedal club
      200,k+ club
      cabrio club
      port-matched- polished- purring www.BMWpark.org

</div>

linux since 1999

Comment

they aren't equal length (never were). And, it doesn't actually matter.

I definitely reccomend ceramic coating. there's a place in WA that did mine, should cost under $200 for a brand new set.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

i thought they were equal length...
          what are the gains to be found using these ?
          3 pedal club
          200,k+ club
          cabrio club

</div>

linux since 1999

Comment

Due to populous uprise my good buddy has turn down any sort of gratuity I have offered him and will handle and storage headers for me.

I hate bothering people and not compensating them for their work,
            hope you guys understand that I'm 3,000 miles away from the headers and well, it was I that wanted them out of RD's shop to avoid any more delays.

Now, that is clearer than water, I can let them go for $ 750.
            hope it pleases everyone.

btw, life is being stress free, my buddy comes by to visit a few times a day. she got trapped once so had to grab her and place her outside :)
            Last edited by fporro; 07-25-2012, 01:36 PM. Reason: too much drama.

Comment

Meh, I'm still down. I have always wanted a set, my coater will have no problem making these look pretty.
              Frank, I sent you a PM, LMK what you think.
              Yours truly,
              Rich
              sigpic
              Originally posted by Rigmaster
              you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

and im down for the coating too...
                i already have a set of headers that i paid a bit too much for, and coated, and they are still 'un rusted'..and thats what i like..they're not mirror shiny any longer, but they are clean... and i don't know when i will get another chance to get a set of these too.

come on everybooby, chime in and lets get a group discount for ceramic coating(s)
                3 pedal club
                200,k+ club
                cabrio club

</div>

linux since 1999

Comment

Hey Guys,

Today I was able to pull Scotty over from Stromung Exhaust and have him take a detailed look at these headers and offer is personal opinion.

Scott says they are a very nice well made product.

They are European made, They are stainless steel, They are a thick wall .065" tubing, The down pipe flanges are really nice and appear to be machine welded. All the welding is very nice, the tubes actually slip fit into each other and then welded, not just butt seam welded. The header flanges have been fully surfaced. Weld splatter is normal and not as bad as I had perceived it.

In the end these are a high quality bad ass header that would be on par with all of Racing Dynamics products.

I am working on getting quotes for ceramic coating from 3 different vendors and already have one quote for under $200 per set.

Since Frank is in Hawaii sunny his skinny ass on the beach, I will be handling the logistics of the group buy. This includes getting them coated for those that are interested, packaging and shipping. I still need to calculate what the base shipping and handling charges are going to be.

I will report back with final pricing after I talk with RD about future production, retail pricing, etc.

Thanks,
                  Robert
                  Last edited by RobertC; 07-25-2012, 06:22 PM.
                  www.facebook.com/E30motorwerks

Comment

stainless is not magnetic ........lol
                    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

The originals definitely attract a rare earth magnet, my refrigerator does not attract it at all.
                      sigpic
                      Gun control means using both hands
                      Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Thanks for clarifiying that., wanted to ask you about it.

Robert will handle headers from now on, I've done my part.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited by fporro; 07-25-2012, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Interested in future development in installation and performance of these heads. Been talking to RobertC (e30motorwerks.com) about a possible e30 hommage car and these might be interesting to have in the mix of that build....
                          sigpic
                          Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Instagram @squatchboxxcoolers

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                            stainless is not magnetic ........lol

Actually, some stainless is magnetic. It depends on how much carbon is in the mix. The OEM headers on my ducati are a good example of stainless that is magnetic.
                            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

whats the news ?
                              they're here, are they being shipped out ?
                              3 pedal club
                              200,k+ club
                              cabrio club

</div>

linux since 1999

Comment

Robert sent-out 5 of them for ceramic coating.

Also, Scott's shop next door to Rob's is making intermediate pipes since headers use 2 bolt clamp as opposed to 3 bolts triangular oem setup. (see enclosed pic)

Last edited by fporro; 08-08-2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X