No announcement yet.

Gauging Interest: E30 24v Swap Complete SS Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just joined and saw this thread and am looking for an exhaust for my S52 E30 from the headers back. Any idea when there might be a deliverable? From the timeline of this thread, seems like it may take at least another year?

Comment

I am also interested in a headers back exhaust setup for my m50tu e30.

Comment

If you guys have Instagram and or Facebook you can follow the progress a little closer. Just got our kit from Cone Engineering so we can fab the first set of swap headers up.

Kadunza European Auto Service, Knoxville, Tennessee. 1,888 likes · 267 were here. European Automotive Service for BMW, Mini, Mercedes, Audi / VW, Porsche, Land Rover.

1,268 Followers, 536 Following, 407 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Kadunza European Auto Service (@kadunza)

Comment

are these close to being available. I'm really interested there really are no kits available like this you guys should do really well.

Comment

intereted as well, headers back

Comment

sub'd
              - Sam

Comment

Sub'd for updates.
                My Garage
                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Still at fab slated to be somewhat finished by the end of next week. Still deciding on which mufflers and flanges to use.

Will update our Instagram and Facebook accounts with pics accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                    Still at fab slated to be somewhat finished by the end of next week. Still deciding on which mufflers and flanges to use.

Will update our Instagram and Facebook accounts with pics accordingly.

Flanges for headers? How about a slip on for the whole exhaust? Doable?

Comment

I think at this point we're doing away with the v-band setup just because there are too many variables that cause annoying exhaust leaks without being able to fit them exact to each car.

More than likely we're going to go with bolt up flanges but I can inquire about slip fit.

Comment

Any updates?

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
                        '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
                        '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
                        '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Gauging Interest: E30 24v Swap Complete SS Exhaust

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                          I think at this point we're doing away with the v-band setup just because there are too many variables that cause annoying exhaust leaks without being able to fit them exact to each car.

More than likely we're going to go with bolt up flanges but I can inquire about slip fit.

Well I didn't mean slip on exactly. I worked as a tech for BMW for a couple of years before moving on to a different manufacturer. When we replaced exhausts we would cut them and use extended band clamps like this

To hold the pipes together. OEM procedure, as long as the pipes are cut properly you'll have no leaks. I think it may be a more cost effective option? Plus save time on all the welding if the full exhaust used flanges. Maybe flanges for just the header side and the rest clamps?

Comment

ROb any update on these?
                            sigpic
                            1986 "C2 2.7 Alpina" Sedan
                            1987 325ic Black Vert
                            1986 327i Red Track Car RIP 10/10/10
                            1989 325is Henna S50 track car SOLD

Transaction feedback here please!!
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170548

Comment

I would be in for just the headers and the outlet pipes. I can make the rest of the exhaust
                              from the y-pipe back
                              My feedback:
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
                              @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

Been waiting and hoping this would be finished since december. This will be an awesome product, but I have decided to just have someone local fab one up. Maybe in the future this will be available!

Instagram: @mistacarder

Comment

Working...
                                X