German Engineering Keyless Entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gotaloveRWD View Post
    Your inbox is full just curious what we're doing about the new blades I never heard back if you were indeed sending them and how to install without breaking anything
    Thanks
    Just got back today. I'll get those out to you.

Originally posted by mavrikno13764 View Post
    Received the unit and everything was great!

I had a locksmith cut my key and it works great on the doors...
    but when I tried it in the ignition, it would not go in.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Havent installed the unit yet, but I am sure it will work great.

Not sure if some ignitions are tighter than others or if some of the keys are thicker than others. The ignition cylinder is definitely a tighter fit than the trunk or the doors and has more lock pins. Let me grab another car and check the fitment.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Take it back to the locksmith and have him make adjustments until it works in the ignition. Hopefully he copied a good original key and not another worn out copy.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Ok, so I took it back to the lock smith and all is well.
        The cut was fine, it was indentations on the key that stopped it from going in the ignition tumbler.

To remedy the problem, my locksmith had to grind away from the indentation on the key.
        In other words, the angle of the indentation that runs across the key was not acute enough of an angle and the excess material was stopping the key from going inside the tumbler.

Comment

It appears that the veins on the blanks are a hair to close together. All current orders will be verified and corrected prior to shipping out. For those who have already received their kits I can email you a prepaid postage label so i can fix the blanks you already had cut if they do not fit in the ignition. I apologize for any inconvenience.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Just a heads up. I'm working with the key manufacturer to make sure this problem does not happen again. Every kit will be personally checked in my ignition prior to shipping out to make sure you won't get a bad pair of blanks.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Okay, so I ordered one set with the key and one set with the fobs.

Is is possible to changed the coding on the remote so I can have a key and fob remote for each car?

My other car is an E24 and I wasn't sure the key would fit. I checked this morning and it fits in the ignition.

Does anyone have pics of installation?

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
              I don't have any spare fobs. The minimum quantity orders make it cost prohibitive to order singles.

Comment

The frequency on the remote is burned on to the chip. The Brain can only accept one frequency to be programmed in.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Got it. Thank you for the explanation.

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                  The frequency on the remote is burned on to the chip. The Brain can only accept one frequency to be programmed in.

Comment

Wiring is not my forte :(. Any tutorials, diy, vids, etc? Brief search turned nothing up regarding this specific keyless entry unit.

Comment

Here is basic write up. Willing be making a video soon.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Just ordered mine, Christmas for myself!

Comment

thanks for making it happen again, very nice feature to the e30!
                          here is a quick write up of how i installed mine!
                          basically from the diagram that is included in the system helped me a little bit to understand, i'm only using these feature on my car lock/unlock with the directional light. match the wire like this
                          white wire - yellow/blue
                          white/black wire - green/blue
                          yellow & yellow/black wire gets grounded
                          black wire - ground
                          red wire - 12v source (i use the antenna wire)
                          for the directional light you need to look underneath the headlight switch for grey/white & grey/yellow and match to brown wire from the unit.

Comment

:up:

www.gecoils.com

Comment

Ordered myself two pair of the square fobs, looking forward to leaving my poor M3s locks alone!

Comment

Hey, im interested in ordering!
                                Just a dumb question though, if I want to have flip out VW style key, but using my Viper brain instead would it be possible? As to somehow change the frequency? As the alarm on my e30 works, so I thought it'd be nice to keep it that way?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X