Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M20 Turbo manifolds group buy manifolds shipped today..!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 Turbo manifolds group buy manifolds shipped today..!!!

I am ABSOLUTELY interested in a Tial wastegate and bov group buy as long as there is enough price savings to motivate me

90 M3 brilliantrot/schwarz
    90 M5 brilliantrot/schwarz
    87 325 alpinweiss/houndstooth (building)
    90 735i/5 islandgrün-metallic/schwarz (daily)
    87 Foxbody Notch 5.0 5spd SSP (other daily)
    71 F-250 4x4 390 4spd

Comment

Originally posted by Good & Tight View Post
      Thanks, they came out real nice.

How about a group buy for Tial Wastegates and BOV..???? Anyone interested...??
      I have a Tial 38mm waste gate but i'd be in for the BOV. But i'd prefer a recirculating BOV as to not attract too much attention with the woosh from a externally vented bov.

Comment

They make the 50mm in a recirc one, it is the QR
        My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
        4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

I emailed Otis myself to ask about a possible wastegate/blow-off valve group buy. He said that's the best he can do on the Tials. Are there any other brands that would be comparable for a little less?

Comment

For anyone who's curious about the EFR turbos, we'll eventually be installing a Borg Warner EFR7163 on our E30 M20 build. Main build thread is over on the "other" forum. Since we've decided to go EFR, we won't need a separate BOV or wastegate. But hope you guys can get together a good group buy anyway!
            Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

To follow up on this.

I installed and bolted the manifold and turbo on my 325iX last night!

Fitment is great and it does fit the iX with plenty of clearance. The manifold spaces the turbo further away from the head and higher than the cx racing manifold which is something to note when switching between the two. I have to modify my downpipe now. The turbo sits higher and a bit more level. so I also had to rotate my turbo outlet to allow my hood to close. No big deal though. This manifold leaves lots of space to access oil drain from the turbo and a good amount of space with the factory heat shields/gaskets.

I was able to tighten all bolts fairly easily and the manifold fits great on the head. With the 44mm wastegate flange I had to upgrade to a tial MVR wastegate but with its slim size it should have no problem clearing my oil drain line at the rear of the block on the iX. I will try to get some pictures up soon.
              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Thanks for the update, I plan to install mine this winter and get a fab'd up downpipe as my major christmas present to myself! Also, how about accessing the spark plugs? I always have issues with #2 while running my current adapter
                1997 Artic Silver M3
                CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Number 1 and 2 are sort of tight but I think you can access with a swivel joint.

Here are some pictures from KAMotors car. It depends how big your compressor housing is I guess.

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                  '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Are these still being made?

Is it fine with RHD (wastegate position with steering linkage)? Anyone tried?

Ship internationally?

T U R B O - M 2 0 - B U I L D

M U S C C O O

Comment

Working...
                    X