No announcement yet.

APEX | 17" 4-Lug ARC-8 Pre Group-Buy Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once the GB closes, what's the approximate turnaround time?
    '89 325is S50 Track Montser
    '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
      The website says they will ship by October 31st.

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
      Instagram:
      https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
      LS Build Thread:
      https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Originally posted by iliad View Post
        Pledged!
        C'mon people, let's make this happen!
        This^ So many people interested.

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
        Instagram:
        https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
        LS Build Thread:
        https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
          The estimated ship date is October 31st. As we move forward into production we will have a better idea of when the wheels will be available.

-Matt

925.245.0773 | info@apexraceparts.com | Instagram | Facebook | Blog | Vehicle-Specific Fitment Guides

Comment

Hey everyone,

We initially left the offset specifications for these wheels open for debate in an effort to engage with the E30 community. We believe that a large portion of you guys may be waiting to officially join this deal until we commit to offsets, but only a few of you shared your fitment preferences with us. We need your feedback!

Please email us at groupbuys@apexraceparts.com and let us know the following:

Are you OK with us picking the final offset after the close, or do you need to know before you’ll sign-up?

Do you have a specific offset in mind or can we pick for you?

If you have any other questions that are holding you back from submitting your pledge, you can ask them here.

Thank you,

- APEX Team

925.245.0773 | info@apexraceparts.com | Instagram | Facebook | Blog | Vehicle-Specific Fitment Guides

Comment

Originally posted by APEX Race Parts View Post
              Hey everyone,

We initially left the offset specifications for these wheels open for debate in an effort to engage with the E30 community. We believe that a large portion of you guys may be waiting to officially join this deal until we commit to offsets, but only a few of you shared your fitment preferences with us. We need your feedback!

Please email us at groupbuys@apexraceparts.com and let us know the following:

Are you OK with us picking the final offset after the close, or do you need to know before you’ll sign-up?

Do you have a specific offset in mind or can we pick for you?

If you have any other questions that are holding you back from submitting your pledge, you can ask them here.

Thank you,

- APEX Team
              Already emailed, but 17.8.5 et 25 would be perfect.

Comment

Can't say I'm surprised at the response guys. You're asking us to pledge on an unknown. We don't know how it'll fit, whether it'll clear BBK's, if they'll need spacers, heavy fender work, nudda. You have the feedback from the interest phase, surely you can settle on offsets and declare what you're going to make, so people can pledge on something solid, and know what they'll need for fitment?

Pick the offsets now based on the feedback you already have, the onus was on us to give you as much information about our needs as possible during the first phase. If people don't like your final decision, I suspect they'll default to the flat wheel.
                Last edited by Major; 08-15-2016, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I concur with Major. I'm curious about the details of the concave, but I have specific requirements, that will likely lead me to default to the flat face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  -Brandon
                  '86 325es S50
                  '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                  '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                  '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                  S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

If I can't get the $200 off on the flat faces, then I'll probably just buy parts for the brick instead of buying it new shoes.
                    88 325i Cabrio
                    04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

If you pay with PayPal they are charging you. I tried to sign up for two sets of 17x9 wheels but it was charging me now, not later. I don't like paying for a wheel that might not be made...
                      '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                      '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Update: Posted to site

The 17x8.5" wheel will produced with a 20mm offset.

We still cannot determine the final offset for the 17x9" wheel. Only a few members have given us feedback on the 17x9" wheel and requests are for different extremes. The 9" wheel was the communities idea, and it's a specialty fitment. We cannot lock down a final fitment without feedback as we're still getting requests for a wide range from only a few people.

You may still join the group buy for 9" wheels without a final offset confirmed. We'll take final feedback from those signed up and they will determine the final offset within 1-3 days of the deal closing. If anyone signed up for that size doesn't like the final offset proposed then they can drop out of the deal without being charged. The authorization for the deposit amount will simply be voided.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by Fidhle007
                        If you pay with PayPal they are charging you. I tried to sign up for two sets of 17x9 wheels but it was charging me now, not later. I don't like paying for a wheel that might not be made...
                        You don't get charged. When you use either Paypal or a credit card, you are only authorized for the $200 deposit amount per set. We only capture the deposit if the deal goes through. That's calculated a few days after the close. If a deal is not going forward, then all authorizations are voided within a few days.

Originally posted by Major View Post
                        Can't say I'm surprised at the response guys. You're asking us to pledge on an unknown. We don't know how it'll fit, whether it'll clear BBK's, if they'll need spacers, heavy fender work, nudda. You have the feedback from the interest phase, surely you can settle on offsets and declare what you're going to make, so people can pledge on something solid, and know what they'll need for fitment?

Pick the offsets now based on the feedback you already have, the onus was on us to give you as much information about our needs as possible during the first phase. If people don't like your final decision, I suspect they'll default to the flat wheel.
                        We've confirmed the 17x8.5" wheel would be ET20. We can't pick an offset for the 9" wheel.

Only 3 people submitted fitment feedback during the feeler phase, of the 196 wheels that were signed up for. We were expecting to come to a conclusion at the end of the feeler phase, but almost no one answered our requests. Only 9 people responded to our last email request, and a number of those responses did not include fitment feedback.

We provided BBK clearance info in this thread which I've posted again below because it's from a few pages back. That should have been the info needed to determine offset needs for BBK clearance for those willing to run spacers, or those unwilling to run spacers.

Originally posted by BBK clearance post
                        UUC's 11.75" kit would require a 4mm spacer to have at least 2-3mm of clearance to the spokes with a concave 17x8.5" ET20 wheel. Lee's Massive 280x22mm Dynapro kit would require a 5mm spacer. Lee's 300x22mm Superlite kit would require a 13.5mm spacer.

With a 17x9" ET25 wheel those same kits would require a 3mm, 4mm, and 12.5mm spacer respectively, in order to have 2-3mm of spoke clearance.

You can take those spacer numbers and determine final spacer-free offsets, which is basically 17x8.5" ET15 and 17x9" ET20 respectively (ignoring the biggest kit). I believe 17x9" ET20 would still hit the strut, so it would need an even lower offset similar to the ones mentioned previously.

Both wheels can be produced in offsets that would clear BBK's but they're aggressive...

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

The only thing I'll say about getting bad feedback is that the community trusts your judgement on what fitment and offset best suits the E30, your flat wheels are carefully considered and pretty much perfect for the E30. We just wanted concave equivalents that don't compromise elsewhere. We probably won't all agree on offsets, but if you told us that this is what you're doing, some will be vocal, but most will be happy.

Comment

At this point the concave has only 52 pledges so you can basically kiss the concave design goodbye. I think APEX dropped the ball on the concave wheel, which is a shame because it would have been an awesome looking wheel. APEX, as a company you should have made a choice much earlier in the process in regards to a final size and offset. IMO you fragmented the concave design by giving people too many choices. People are adaptable and will make things work for their needs even its it doesn't meet 100% of their criteria.

So the real question is, will there be enough interest in the flat faces?
                            2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

No idea but this dragged out for far too long, now with a trip coming up next month I'm not longer in a position to drop 1k on wheels.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
                              -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Yeah, I'm starting to lose my need for the wheels...
                                88 325i Cabrio
                                04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                                If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Working...
                                X