No announcement yet.

APEX | 17" 4-Lug ARC-8 Pre Group-Buy Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand they dont want to make wheels that won't sell but if they just dropped the money into making em you'd clearly have 50+ people buy them and I'm positive over the next few months more sets would get sold. Myself included.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Exactly... If the flat faces actually make it, but don't get the discount I want, I'll just buy parts for the car and buy a set at reg. price a couple years or so ahead if possible. I'll have to wait a year or so to get tires regardless...
      88 325i Cabrio
      04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

There were a lot of choices only because there were so many opinions in this thread.

For as many people that wanted direct fitment wide wheels that would absolutely REQUIRE panel modification on their cars, there were those who didn't and were willing to use spacers. Conversely, the people who didn't mind spacers were shot down by those who were adamant that they would rather suck on a cactus than run spacers. Then there were people who wanted 9+ wide wheels. Maybe a 9.25" wheel with rainbow sparkle finish and ghost flames and dick logo'd centercaps.

As a manufacturer, how do you sort through this?

Let money talk and bullshit walk.

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

The proposed concave profile and wider wheel width were idea's brewed from within the community. Many enthusiasts reciprocated, however when it came down to obtaining valuable feedback from said interested parties in regards to desired offsets, we experienced radio silence. The beauty of the Group Buy platform is that we can cultivate organic idea's from the community, and with proper demand we can bring these products to market at discounted prices. Needless to say, this can be an extremely valuable tool within a niche community where quality product choices are scarce. None of this works if the demand does not support our production minimums, or if the community is in disarray over the final specifications of said product. A proposed product could have hundreds of enthusiasts interested in introductory phases of a Group Buy, but if only a fraction of these interested enthusiasts choose to move forward with the purchase, it is simply validation that their was not enough demand for this product to exist within this corner of the market.

We agree that final offsets should have been a mandatory criteria prior to entering into an official payment phase, and will implement this stipulation going forward. We treat every Group Buy, especially those that involve introducing a completely new sku, as a learning experience. We appreciate all of the feedback, and hope that the "tried and true" profile 1 face Group Buy, opening on 8/18 will be a success.

- Ryan
          Last edited by APEX Race Parts; 08-16-2016, 02:34 PM.

925.245.0773 | info@apexraceparts.com | Instagram | Facebook | Blog | Vehicle-Specific Fitment Guides

Comment

I'm pretty bummed that these are not coming to fruition. Why not just offer the single option of 17x8.5 et20 and keep the payment phase open for another week? Like it was said before, people will adapt to the final option that is put on the table. A decision just needs to be made by Apex for the final specs.

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
            Instagram:
            https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
            LS Build Thread:
            https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Well this sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by ian e30 318is View Post
                Why not just offer the single option of 17x8.5 et20 and keep the payment phase open for another week? Like it was said before, people will adapt to the final option that is put on the table. A decision just needs to be made by Apex for the final specs.
                This!

Comment

Originally posted by APEX Race Parts View Post
                  The proposed concave profile and wider wheel width were idea's brewed from within the community. Many enthusiasts reciprocated, however when it came down to obtaining valuable feedback from said interested parties in regards to desired offsets, we experienced radio silence. The beauty of the Group Buy platform is that we can cultivate organic idea's from the community, and with proper demand we can bring these products to market at discounted prices. Needless to say, this can be an extremely valuable tool within a niche community where quality product choices are scarce. None of this works if the demand does not support our production minimums, or if the community is in disarray over the final specifications of said product. A proposed product could have hundreds of enthusiasts interested in introductory phases of a Group Buy, but if only a fraction of these interested enthusiasts choose to move forward with the purchase, it is simply validation that their was not enough demand for this product to exist within this corner of the market.

We agree that final offsets should have been a mandatory criteria prior to entering into an official payment phase, and will implement this stipulation going forward. We treat every Group Buy, especially those that involve introducing a completely new sku, as a learning experience. We appreciate all of the feedback, and hope that the "tried and true" profile 1 face Group Buy, opening on 8/18 will be a success.

- Ryan
                  Why don't you post a poll in a new thread? Then, you can see which size gets the most love, as far as the concaves go. They have a poll option at the bottom when you make a new thread.
                  88 325i Cabrio
                  04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Why not just offer the single option of 17x8.5 et20 and keep the payment phase open for another week? Like it was said before, people will adapt to the final option that is put on the table. A decision just needs to be made by Apex for the final specs.
                    We are reviewing all option. We've been stuck with inventory that sits for 3+ years many times in the past. We'll come back to the group with a response. The deal will either:

1. close and all deposits are voided.
                    2. We'll offer an extension (with volunteer participation for those already signed up).
                    3. Reduce the minimum quantity to produce, but this would require participation from members at the discount level that matches that lower volume.

Originally posted by supermansocks95
                    Why don't you post a poll in a new thread? Then, you can see which size gets the most love, as far as the concaves go. They have a poll option at the bottom when you make a new thread.
                    unfortunately a new system (Panjo) has been implemented. When we try to make a new thread it's now a classified listing on a non standard system. We've been reviewing alternatives for forum communication. Our preference is to use the Group Buy site.

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

After much deliberation with the team, we have decided to give the 4 Lug ARC-8 17x8.5 et20 concave wheel another chance. To keep things concise:
                      • The current Group Buy will close out as planned, and any authorizations made for the $200 deposit will be void
                      • The 17x8.5 concave wheel will now be offered as part of the upcoming Group Buy for the 17x8” flat faced wheels. We’re adding it as an alternate choice.
                      • The 17x9” wheel was not popular enough to pursue further
                      • The new Group Buy is scheduled to start tonight. (8/18 12:00AM PST) and end midnight 8/25 PST

Combining these two sku’s in the upcoming Group Buy increases our chances to reach higher discount tiers, and gives the community the possibility of successfully producing both sku’s should demand meet or surpass our minimum production requirements for each. If minimum requirements are only met on one sku, we will proceed accordingly.

- Ryan
                      Last edited by APEX Race Parts; 08-17-2016, 02:48 PM.

925.245.0773 | info@apexraceparts.com | Instagram | Facebook | Blog | Vehicle-Specific Fitment Guides

Comment

Originally posted by APEX Race Parts View Post
                        After much deliberation with the team, we have decided to give the 4 Lug ARC-8 17x8.5 et20 concave wheel another chance. To keep things concise:
                        • The current Group Buy will close out as planned, and any authorizations made for the $200 deposit will be void
                        • The 17x8.5 concave wheel will now be offered as part of the upcoming Group Buy for the 17x8” flat faced wheels. We’re adding it as an alternate choice.
                        • The 17x9” wheel was not popular enough to pursue further
                        • The new Group Buy is scheduled to start tonight. (8/18 12:00AM PST) and end midnight 8/25 PST

Combining these two sku’s in the upcoming Group Buy increases our chances to reach higher discount tiers, and gives the community the possibility of successfully producing both sku’s should demand meet or surpass our minimum production requirements for each. If minimum requirements are only met on one sku, we will proceed accordingly.

- Ryan
                        Awesome!! Thank you Apex. I hope we meet the minimum requirement for the 17x8.5 now.

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                        Instagram:
                        LS Build Thread:

Comment

Time to work some ot lol, id like a set so badly

-Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

So an 8 and an 8.5 but no 9? That makes no sense to me... Oh well, I'm out. Pity, I need a LOT of wheels...
                            '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                            '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
                              Time to work some ot lol, id like a set so badly

Get it!! We need more interest this time around! :up:

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                              Instagram:
                              LS Build Thread:

Comment

Awesome!! Thank you Apex. I hope we meet the minimum requirement for the 17x8.5 now.
                                Yeah well done guys, this was a great solution, I'm sure you'll get the volumes you wanted now!

Comment

Working...
                                X