X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• randomsv650
    replied
    Originally posted by htown318is View Post
    finally got it set up. rear is on with adjusters to the lowest and pads on. however small problem is:

rear passenger side is a half inch lower than the other?? ive tried on different grounds to see if it was uneven ground but it is not.

what could it be? bad shock?
    Possibly bad shock. Installed them the same exact way? didnt forget a spring pad or anything?

Leave a comment:

• htown318is
    replied
    finally got it set up. rear is on with adjusters to the lowest and pads on. however small problem is:

rear passenger side is a half inch lower than the other?? ive tried on different grounds to see if it was uneven ground but it is not.

what could it be? bad shock?

Leave a comment:

• E30nub1
    replied
    Originally posted by Pl3wA View Post
    fudge, i think imma need to sell my joms and just get some drop hats

anyone interested in coupe JOM coilovers?

YES how much for the entire set? PM me

Leave a comment:

• randomsv650
    replied
    Originally posted by htown318is View Post
    how did you install the adjuster in the rear? does it go on the top end of the spring or the bottom? I left the spring pads in without the adjuster because I just couldnt figure out how to fit it on the pad since it just wont fit. and the smallest coil for the rear spring sits on the bottom spring pad right?

that's how Ive got it installed and its hella bouncy. and its pretty low, on 17's ive covered more than half of the tire.
    i think they're bouncy because of the rear springs, not very stiff. i installed them with the pads in and the adjuster on the top. works fine IMO. eventually i cut the adjust off so am just running the spring/pads/and the little coller that sits inside the spring.

Leave a comment:

• panzertank
    replied
    I've been driving on these coils for over a month now and am very happy with them. not too bouncy at all. just the right amount of comfort with stiffness. Good handling in my opinion; but i can only compare to my 20 year old stock suspension.

This is a picture with the front coils almost all the way down, probably 7 threads left. and the back doesn't even have the adjuster in it.

Leave a comment:

• htown318is
    replied
    how did you install the adjuster in the rear? does it go on the top end of the spring or the bottom? I left the spring pads in without the adjuster because I just couldnt figure out how to fit it on the pad since it just wont fit. and the smallest coil for the rear spring sits on the bottom spring pad right?

that's how Ive got it installed and its hella bouncy. and its pretty low, on 17's ive covered more than half of the tire.

Leave a comment:

• randomsv650
    replied
    Put a good amount of miles on mine, so far very happy. Fronts are probably ahalf way down. Rears are all the way down. Think if i took the adjuster out it'd sit a little more level? I like the raked look but rear could deff be lower

Leave a comment:

• spike68
    replied

Dont jump to conclusions yet. Why not try them out first?
    Im damn happy with mine. The price is ridiculously awesome. Sure you can track these, just as long as theyre not all the way down when you do it. Im sure a few of the guys on here have tracked them before.

I would just give them a shot. Just cause theyre not as good as what we consider "the norm" here, doesnt mean theyre bad. You bought em already, why not try them?

Leave a comment:

• Pl3wA
    replied
    Originally posted by spike68 View Post
    As far as height drop, yes. Handling, no.

Leave a comment:

• spike68
    replied
    so, better than bilstens and h&r races? ;)
    As far as height drop, yes. Handling, no.

Leave a comment:

• Pl3wA
    replied
    so, better than bilstens and h&r races? ;)

Leave a comment:

• panzertank
    replied
    finally got it! i did what i said from the last post and sure enough wit came loose!

Leave a comment:

• panzertank
    replied
    I've been using pb blaster and heat, still no luck. tonight I'm going to take the whole strut housing out and put the collar in a vise. then use heat and turn the housing to loosen it. hopefully I can get a better grip and crack this sucker

Leave a comment:

• SmokeE30
    replied
    yea try to apply some heat, i have used a big monkey wrench in the past with success but pb blaster and heat that bitch there are also better penetrating oils than pb blaster that are not readily available too

Leave a comment:

• Devil Inc
    replied
    Originally posted by panzertank View Post
    anyone on that can help..now.. i dont see a way to unthread the oem collar off of the strut housing to take out the shock, we tried just channel locking onto the collar but it wont budge. anything im missing?????
    Sounds like your friend, corrosion. Maybe try some heat from a torch...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X