My rant about: THR lollipoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
    Eaaaasy Charlie. Lots of big words and physics theories in there.

We don't want any logical posts in this thread - be gone with you and your wizardry.
    hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
      You must have oversized tires or some other issue with your front end then.
      stock size rubber and not front end issues. bmw tech and a 3rd party bmw alignment shop said everything was good and straight. alignment was perfect with stock cab's but with the THR's i got rubbing.

Comment

Did you get your car realigned?

The THR bushings change the geometry.
        - Sean Hayes

Comment

how many miles can you get out of the THR cabs if the car is only used for daily driving? Estimates......?

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

Originally posted by King Luis
            the only problem i had was that my wheels got pushed forward to the point where when i turn the wheel it would rub the inside of the wheel cover/ inside of bumper plastic piece.
            My freind has that problem and he aslo has stock suspension for now. does lowering it bring the where back to were it sposed to be?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta
              My freind has that problem and he aslo has stock suspension for now. does lowering it bring the where back to were it sposed to be?
              we'll see soon.
              i got shocks waiting to cross the border. so as soon as i get those and i lower my car, we'll see if i need them.
              i put stock eyeball arms back in.

oh and my car is perfectly aligned, straight frame, good control arms. BMW told me the only thing that needed changing was my inner and outter tie rods which were changed and my alignment was perfect after. then the THR lollipops created lots of rubbing.

Comment

i have THR CAB, new CA, tie rods and strut bearing. car is alligned close to factory specs. the tires only rub the inner plastic at full lock. this is fine with me and no complains at all. Good thing is I'm NOT experiencing any popping sound.

I have a stupid question though. The CAB only goes in one way, right? I know mines are installed correctly but I just want to make sure. Thanks.

1991 330is

Comment

Yours don't pop because they're the white bushing material. I just got my replacements in the mail. It's the black ones (old) that popped like mad.

Comment

I have black bushing material - nary a pop
                    Current Cars
                    2014 M235i
                    2009 R56 Cooper S
                    1998 M3
                    1997 M3

Comment

You guys all suck. I have the old ones and they work fine with no problems.

Comment

It's not guaranteed that they'll pop--hell, mine didn't until ~10 months into use of them. I'm just saying that when people complain about popping, that it is with the black material.

Comment

15,000 miles and 1 year later and mine just now are starting to pop. It's cool to see that I can call up THR and they'll send out a set of new bushings.
                          Eric
                          85 325e M50 and auto to manual transmission conversion...

Comment

I got them and I have the white inserts and mine pop on the right side and they are new!
                            Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Dont they get instaled with a lube?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

No, they slide right on.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X