Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackmist27
    replied
    Thanks again for my chipped DME! installed and loving it!

Leave a comment:

• squidmaster
    replied
    Which MAF are you running?

Feel free to email me info@sssquid.com

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• ThatM20Guy
    replied
    Are you able to make chips for 2.8 strokers with a 2.84 cam w/ maf conversion

Leave a comment:

• blackmist27
    replied
    Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
    Thanks for the kind words! Glad I was able to help :)
    Is this the right chip i need for my 1986 325ES? (once i figure out how many PINs that is)
    Last edited by blackmist27; 12-30-2016, 08:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Digitalwave
    replied
    Jesse just turned over a new tune for a new motor of mine in just a day. He helped out a lot with sorting out my needs and specs for the new M20 stage 3 tune. Thanks Jesse!

Leave a comment:

• squidmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by blackmist27 View Post
    I cant wait to buy one too... i just dont know what chip i need. i have an 86 325ES 5 speed but not sure if its a 28 pin or 24 pin. if i did, id have my order in ASAP.
    The only way to tell is to pop open the case to see unfortunately. It only takes about 30 minutes. There's a video tutorial on our site:

Cheers and feel free to pm me with any questions!

Leave a comment:

• blackmist27
    replied
    I cant wait to buy one too... i just dont know what chip i need. i have an 86 325ES 5 speed but not sure if its a 28 pin or 24 pin. if i did, id have my order in ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• squidmaster
    replied
    Thanks for the kind words! Glad I was able to help :)

Leave a comment:

• Digitalwave
    replied
    Jesse @ SSSquid is a great guy. This is my second chip/tune from him, the first being for a 2.8L M20 and the second being for a 2.5L M20 with bolt ons.

Jesse and I exchanged over 30 emails about advice on the mods I should do for the best use of my budget. This was all before I ordered the chip, and when I did, the price was unchanged.

He goes above and beyond. The car is running great on the new chip, a marked improvement over stock.

Leave a comment:

• EatsHondas
    replied
    Sssquid is the man! Killer chip at a killer price! I ran his 91 octane chip in my M20B25 for thousands of miles before I chose to change engines.

I did the classic test with two DME's, a stocker and a Sssquid. Night and day difference. Took a passenger along and their "neck snap" was much more pronounced.

Leave a comment:

• digitalcox
    replied
    Originally posted by whitebulat22 View Post
    Excellent results on my 2.7i.
    Same outcome on my build. I noticed an immediate change on startup (was running a temporary tune) when I swapped to the sssquid tune after my SETA 2.7i build.

Great person to work with who cares about the e30 community.

-Justin

Leave a comment:

• whitebulat22
    replied
    Excellent results on my 2.7i. My exhaust has a boom to it at 2k rpm, and the chip actually added enough torque to noticeably quiet it down on the highway as I need less throttle. Power band broader, doesn't fall away before redline, smooth idle, haven't had any blips at all, it's great.

Also very nice guy and the lifetime warranty (even second hand) shows he stands behind the tunes.

Leave a comment:

• 5Toes
    replied
    M42 chip here, 91 octane tuned for m52/s52 pinktop injectors. AWESOME PRODUCT

cant comment on before/after gas mileage but the lil m42 has so much more torque down low and that's the best part. Pulls all the way to 7000 now too. I absolutely love the transformation.

only problem I have noticed, which is not even that major, or one I can definitely link to the chip, is when stone cold and at partial throttle between 2-3000rpm the car can kind of has power that surges on/off. This is at 10-20% throttle, so barely nothing. I figure it has to do with the fueling the chip is tuned for. Once warmed even halfway warmed up the issue is gone. only does it within the first 10 blocks of leaving anywhere stone cold.

Once again, LOVE SSSQUID's chip in my e30 m42

EDIT: problem was a bad oxygen sensor. universal Bosch solved it car runs stellar
    Last edited by 5Toes; 09-17-2016, 12:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Burns
    replied
    didn't know there was a review on the SSSQUID tuning chips!

I've had the M30b35 91octane tune in my M30 swapped E30 along with some IE headers and it really work up the mid to high RPM range, and I find it runs smoother at idle too.

PLUS still passed smog test!

A++++++ in my books all day!

Leave a comment:

• Chrisbike
    replied
    I've had a Sssquid chip in my 325ix for about 7 months as my daliy and it woke the car up and makes it run nice too! Thanks Jesse! My chip is tuned for 91 oct and 19lb injectors. (Yellow)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X