Garagistic motometer e30 odometer gears -$25 shipped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garagistic View Post
    We had three customers mention this to us. It appears we had a faulty batch. We has to throw that batch away which is why we are out of stock. Have no worries though. We will ship you a replacement from the newest batch which we are testing bow. We appologize for this!
    I knew I wasn't going crazy!

I'm the one who sent you guys a video of the faulty gear mesh, and you sent me a replacement set. The replacement set didn't work either, so I just bought a whole new cluster. I've used your gears in the past without any issues so I assumed it was just a screwed up speedometer/odometer on my end.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

We had three customers mention this to us. It appears we had a faulty batch. We has to throw that batch away which is why we are out of stock. Have no worries though. We will ship you a replacement from the newest batch which we are testing bow. We appologize for this!
      Any idea who did and didn't receive a faulty batch gear set? I haven't installed mine yet, but I don't want to go through the trouble of dismembering my cluster if the replacement gears won't even work :|

Comment

The batches overlapped so that is unknown. However we are going to replace any set that is found to be faulty. We stand by our products.

Comment

I ordered mine back in November or perhaps earlier (I can't remember). My VDO speedo was fine at the time despite being in KM only. Then over christmas it started going south, and finally died last week. I hadn't bothered to swap the gears on my motometer one because I didn't want to take the dash apart. With a dead speedo, or one that is having convulsions it was time to replace it.

Its pretty easy to tell if the mesh is right or not. If you try to spin the gears with your finger and they slip or feel loose, its a no go. If you try and spin things from the motor gear, odds are it will work just fine, however if you spin it from the pinion gear that meshes with the motor gear, it will slip without turning the motor. That is a no go.

Will
          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Currently out of stock. Hope to have more next week!
            Been 2 weeks, any updates?
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Mold issues are fixed! We are back in stock!

Comment

Mold issues are fixed! We are back in stock!
                For those of us who received the faulty ones, how do we go about getting replacement sets?
                85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                e30 restoration and V8 swap
                24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                  For those of us who received the faulty ones, how do we go about getting replacement sets?
                  PM sent.

Comment

Back in stock and ready to ship!

Comment

Moto gears in stock? I can use some.
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

Gears worked great!
                        I'm really impressed with the quality of these gears; very sturdy and definitely worlds nicer than the stock gummy gears. Even though you guys has the hiccup with the bad batch, I installed mine and it worked straight away. Figured I could atleastletyou guys know how awesome I think your product is.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                          Moto gears in stock? I can use some.
                          Yes they are in stock and ready to ship.

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                          Gears worked great!
                          I'm really impressed with the quality of these gears; very sturdy and definitely worlds nicer than the stock gummy gears. Even though you guys has the hiccup with the bad batch, I installed mine and it worked straight away. Figured I could atleastletyou guys know how awesome I think your product is.

Thanks again!
                          Thank you for the kind words. Please refer us to others.

Comment

Sweet! Had good success with the VDO gears you sent, will be ordering some for Moto now too :D
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                              Sweet! Had good success with the VDO gears you sent, will be ordering some for Moto now too :D

Thank you for the repeat business.

Comment

do you have a set for a fellow rev member? let me know

will you honor the $18.50 shipped like your ebay add?

Comment

Working...
                                X