Pelican Parts Nightmare

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • roguetoaster
    replied
    Don't forget the truck/motorcycle/boat people.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    It’s a very active forum, lots of active Porsche owners and even more spam and scammers there

    Leave a comment:


  • rturbo 930
    replied
    Originally posted by 82eye
    their forum is really just an information archive now. i'm not sure it's even active any more.
    More active than this one. I don't go on there much but checked just now, you hit new posts and there's three pages from just the past 12 hours. It's mostly a Porsche board.

    Leave a comment:


  • 82eye
    replied
    Originally posted by Simple_Smith
    Damn you're not having a good time with this.. last two times I tried to buy something from Pelican I promptly received an email stating that they didn't actually have the parts I wanted (NLA but listed as in stock on their website) so I simply cancelled the orders since I had checked elsewhere and no one else had stock so I wasn't incredibly hopeful.
    they are bad at updating their catalog parts availability on older models now.

    Originally posted by Simple_Smith
    Pelican was great 15 years ago but after being acquired by ECS & co. It has since gone down the drain. Not sure how their forum is holding up but I definitely still appreciate their how-to articles on their site.
    their forum is really just an information archive now. i'm not sure it's even active any more.

    Leave a comment:


  • Simple_Smith
    replied
    Damn you're not having a good time with this.. last two times I tried to buy something from Pelican I promptly received an email stating that they didn't actually have the parts I wanted (NLA but listed as in stock on their website) so I simply cancelled the orders since I had checked elsewhere and no one else had stock so I wasn't incredibly hopeful.

    Pelican was great 15 years ago but after being acquired by ECS & co. It has since gone down the drain. Not sure how their forum is holding up but I definitely still appreciate their how-to articles on their site.

    Leave a comment:


  • 82eye
    replied
    oh lord it continues ...
    the return was just dumped on my doorstep once again instead of going back to pelican. wth is the problem with fedex anyway? the box has been pretty much fucked over as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • 82eye
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn
    Did your parts ever arrive?
    the original shipment showed up with the correct parts and the replacement shipment showed up a day later with wrong ones. i kept the correct parts and repacked the others to return. 2 wks after dropping off the return the shipping company delivered it back to my doorstep. i resent it and hope to never see it again.

    the whole thing was a clusterfuck from go.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    Did your parts ever arrive?

    Leave a comment:


  • 82eye
    replied
    Originally posted by DesertBMW
    because they hire people to work on minimum wage that don't know anything about cars just to look at the number and pack it, send it. Capitalism
    they deported the warehouse staff ...

    Leave a comment:


  • roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by DesertBMW
    because they hire people to work on minimum wage that don't know anything about cars just to look at the number and pack it, send it. Capitalism
    A lot of folks don't even do that. For my '16 Colorado the aftermarket finally made new exhaust cams, which GM long abandoned. The LCV engine have an issue with the reluctor rings/vac pump drive breaking.

    Anyway, ordered one, and the box clearly said intake, with the intake part number on it, which is significantly different.

    Probably just grabbed it from a bin on a rack and shipped it without a glance.

    Leave a comment:


  • DesertBMW
    replied
    because they hire people to work on minimum wage that don't know anything about cars just to look at the number and pack it, send it. Capitalism

    Leave a comment:


  • 82eye
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster

    That's funny, just not for you.
    lol. they sent a third one but i haven't had a chance to look at it.

    Leave a comment:


  • roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by 82eye
    pelican bent over backwards to get me another part and sent the same wrong one again
    That's funny, just not for you.

    Leave a comment:


  • 82eye
    replied
    pelican bent over backwards to get me another part and sent the same wrong one again

    Leave a comment:


  • 82eye
    replied

    Leave a comment:

Working...