This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shiftbmw View Post
    Wait, so you inspected the car, found it acceptable and paid for it, and now you're bitching? You are a complete fucking dumbass. Shit like this pisses me off. This is nobody's fault but your own. Take some fucking responsibility.
    In his first post he clearly he states that it was his own fault and the blame lies with himself.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by dahows View Post
      Just because the seller is a forum-member doesn't mean that you should be any less diligent in your inspection.
      /thread A lot of people who have 'nice cars' or 'show cars' may not even see some of the issues with them that a full inspection will reveal. Hell they may think having a piece of junk is normal. You never know what 'good running' means to anyone but you. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
        Sorry if this is an ignorant question, but what does being from the PNW have to do with anything?
        Mot, Funkmasta, etc etc
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

after reading this, man i feel GREAT.

i paid $400 for my e30 with the assumption that EVERYTHING was wrong with it.

hahah.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

Sorry to hear that, I imagine it's easy to overlook problems when you go into the situation expecting the seller to be completely honest. To the few members calling him names, fuck off, if you actually read his posts you'd see he's taking all responsibility.
            I ran into a very similiar experience buying a "project M5" from a forum member on bimmerfest a couple years ago, since then I've taken EVERY car into a proffesional to have it inspected. When you really, really want the car it's easy to only see the good, without the bad.
            2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

OMG. Does anyone use their own two eyes and think for themselves anymore? I can understand the bitching if it was bought sight unseen.

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I took my brother, who is/was a mechanic with Bimmerworld, with me to look at my car, and even he lied to me. There is no loyalty in the E30 community if your own brother lies to you.
                "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time"-Colin McCrae

Comment

I bought my e30 from a co worker only to find all sorts of little surprises buried within. The only real issue I'm worried about is some hidden rear accident damage that might be interesting or at least expensive to fix.
                  '88 325ic - Vert in winter baby!
                  '91 318is - Gone :(
                  '95 530i - Gone :(

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
                    After having the car for a few weeks that was bought from corvallisbmw on r3vlimited, it seems like the owner wasn't so honest. Im aware that its a 20 plus car after all, but I guess one thinks that a member to member sale would be more honest, these issues were known by the seller:
                    claimed rebuilt suspension: shot control arm that was never replaced
                    "small oil leak": big oil leak, oil return pipe installed upside down
                    "clean" carfax:front end tweaked from accident.
                    good running car: the radiator was held in place by painted piece of fucking wood and the radiator was leaking.
                    recent muffler replacement: muffler is now dangling due to poor install

What im trying to say is that I understand that these are old cars, but for asking 5000, you would assume that a sale from enthusiast to enthusiast would be more open and honest. I have no one to blame but myself, I just wanted to warn you all to be more careful, and yes i'm calling him out.
                    his 5000 car is a rolling basketcase, worth no more than 3000. like I said, at the end of the day, I cant blame anyone else but myself for the purchase. I should know better than to trust people.
                    :evil:
                    Wow, calling me out in the open? Not a PM, not a phone call, nothing? Well if that's how you want it...

First off, lets get one thing straight. Your friend payed $4500, not $5000. I also gave him a full set of basketweaves with the car and all 3 M3 firewall pieces, brand new. So he got some freebies in there. It wasn't just a straight $5K sale.

Now lets get in to the nitty gritty of this.

1. I replaced every piece of the suspension 20K miles ago. I doubt a control arm is shot, but if it is I had no knowledge of it, nothing ever seemed out of place to me.
                    2. Oops, my bad. Maybe I did accidently put in in there upside down. But the oil leak is still pretty damn small, I had a drip pan under the car and I got 1-2 drips a day. In the world of e30s, that's clean enough to eat off of. And I knew about the oil leak and told him about it openly, even giving him a brand new OEM oil pan gasket along with the car because I thought that's where the leak was coming from.
                    3. It says in my ad, and I told your friend when he bought it, that the front bumper doesn't sit quite right. And I handed him the paper copy of the carfax as well as emailing it to him. It very clearly shows now history of accidents. I've never hit anything with that car; if the front end did get tweaked it was before I bought it. But obviously it can't be that bad or with would have shown up on the Carfax, which I gave him both hard and digital copies of.
                    4. The radiator never leaked on me. Maybe your friend went around tweaking stuff and loosened a hose clamp or the drain plug?
                    5. Ya, the muffler was replaced recently. I wasn't thrilled with it's placement after putting on the new tips, so I hung it a bit higher with OEM rubber hangers and zip ties. What did he do, cut through the hangers and zip ties?

You're calling my car a 'rolling basketcase' because it has an oil leak??? This isn't a brand new car; It has a few oddities going on. But if you have a problem with me, my old car or something I said to you, why not ask me personally? And why isn't your friend contacting me himself and asking about these things? Why does he leave it to you to put it on an internet forum and start flaming?

It all seems a bit weird to me.

edit: Also remember you came to look at it twice with both the buyer, yourself and your dad who I gather is a pretty good mechanic and knowledgeable about older BMWs. I even jacked the thing up in the air so you could look at the underside. You took it for a long test drive and looked it over very thoroughly. So it wasn't like you didn't get a chance to do due diligence.
                    Last edited by CorvallisBMW; 03-21-2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

You didn't pay $5k for it. It's sitting on RZs with new tires, and were given an extra set of stock weaves for free. Every option (save from cc) works, even cold AC. The upgraded ICE system is mostly new as well.
                      I've personally driven the car several thousand miles (including a trip to Vegas). It's one of the best condition e30s I've ever driven.
                      Even with the minor issues you mention (which I'm not convinced you're 100% truthful about), you stole that car for $4500.
                      Originally posted by Gruelius
                      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

i'm here for the gangbang and eventual ownage of the OP.

:popcorn:
                        1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
                        1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                        1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                        1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
                        1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
                        I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

why is everyone bitching? dont drive a fucking e30 if you dont wanna work on it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xwill112x View Post
                            why is everyone bitching? dont drive a fucking e30 if you dont wanna work on it.
                            Too true, I get the OP's sentiment about feeling ripped off but it sounds like he had fair warning and opportunity to see for himself what was wrong with the car.

My last e30 was a purchase I felt a little burned by as well. A cheap respray which is already rust bubbling, grrr I could fucking smash that assholes teeth in for claiming it was rust free. Again though it was my own fault I didn't go over it with the fine tooth comb I should have.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

i think the second side of the story sounds more like reality.

but hey if it makes u feel anybetter i bought my pos e30 for 2400, though it did have some free shit with it. it has cracked dash.thrashed seats. stained carpet. faded paint with a shitty job of wet sanding on one side. the bumper dont sit right cuz i think the shit came off its clips. and i am now refreshing the cooling system and hoping there isnt anything major that i have to fix on it. but i bought the car as a project so im kinda in it for that shit. you live and you learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Visser View Post
                                Too true, I get the OP's sentiment about feeling ripped off but it sounds like he had fair warning and opportunity to see for himself what was wrong with the car.

op is just whiny. all the things he listed are things that could be easily fixed in like a day or two. I always work on any new-old-car for a day or two just to get it up to par.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X