This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CorvallisBMW - Sour sale

After having the car for a few weeks that was bought from corvallisbmw on r3vlimited, it seems like the owner wasn't so honest. Im aware that its a 20 plus car after all, but I guess one thinks that a member to member sale would be more honest, these issues were known by the seller:
    claimed rebuilt suspension: shot control arm that was never replaced
    "small oil leak": big oil leak, oil return pipe installed upside down
    "clean" carfax:front end tweaked from accident.
    good running car: the radiator was held in place by painted piece of fucking wood and the radiator was leaking.
    recent muffler replacement: muffler is now dangling due to poor install

What im trying to say is that I understand that these are old cars, but for asking 5000, you would assume that a sale from enthusiast to enthusiast would be more open and honest. I have no one to blame but myself, I just wanted to warn you all to be more careful, and yes i'm calling him out.
    his 5000 car is a rolling basketcase, worth no more than 3000. like I said, at the end of the day, I cant blame anyone else but myself for the purchase. I should know better than to trust people.
    :evil:
    sigpic

In for popcorn.

Let's see some pictures.
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I'm staying out of this one. Have fun.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I'm with GG. - Not gay.
        -tim
        Originally posted by Jordan
        I like the stance
        -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

is this the car you bought?

Build, break, repair, repeat.
          91 300zx TT
          03 540i Msport
          91 318is track
          89 Isuzu Imark/lotus 24hr Lemons car

Originally posted by george graves
          R3v is a very different kind of forum - don't come here with your bull shit - we'll actually take the time to call you on it.

Comment

Judging from the pics alone, it looks like a $3k car even without problems.

Sorry that you got taken....but there is always 2 sides to a story, so time will only tell.

Comment

Is it the red car?
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Frankie View Post

yes Frankie, that's the one.
                sigpic

Comment

I think I saw this car parked at AAA in Lake Oswego off Centerpointe drive. Looks hella clean.

Oh, and BTW, you should have had a mechanic do a pre-purchase inspection. Obviously you didn't, so you get no sympathy here dude. I will however tell you to stop acting like a spoiled little girl.

Comment

That sucks. There's always a risk, especially when buying private party. You minimize that risk by thoroughly inspecting the car. If you don't, like you said...you ultimately have no one but yourself to blame. Seller wasn't 100% honest? ...that's nothing new. Gotta leave yourself room for the little surprises.
                    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

You spent $5k without checking the Carfax and inspecting the car.
                      I would just take this as a hard bitter learning experience and do it correctly next time. This isnt anyones bussiness except yours and the person who sold the car to you and bringing it out on a forum will just make it worse.

Comment

I feel your pain. I bought a car from a fellow r3v'er and he didn't disclose a lot of problems with the car. It's my fault, though. I could have made the 100 mile trip to check it out before buying it, but I assumed since it's a fellow r3v'er with a lot of posts, it must be legit.

Lesson is, never assume. You should know why.

Matt
                        Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                        I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
                        Originally posted by kronus
                        try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
                        Originally posted by chadthestampede
                        This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

The man is not looking for sympathy. He stated that it was his fault. I take this as a heads up for anyone looking to buy a car.

As far as calling out the guy by name, it is slander only if the allegations are untrue.
                          I would like to hear the other side of the story.
                          monoblanco
                          www.passportsoccer.com

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
                            After having the car for a few weeks that was bought from corvallisbmw on r3vlimited, it seems like the owner wasn't so honest. Im aware that its a 20 plus car after all, but I guess one thinks that a member to member sale would be more honest, these issues were known by the seller:
                            claimed rebuilt suspension: shot control arm that was never replaced
                            "small oil leak": big oil leak, oil return pipe installed upside down
                            "clean" carfax:front end tweaked from accident.
                            good running car: the radiator was held in place by painted piece of fucking wood and the radiator was leaking.
                            recent muffler replacement: muffler is now dangling due to poor install

What im trying to say is that I understand that these are old cars, but for asking 5000, you would assume that a sale from enthusiast to enthusiast would be more open and honest. I have no one to blame but myself, I just wanted to warn you all to be more careful, and yes i'm calling him out.
                            his 5000 car is a rolling basketcase, worth no more than 3000. like I said, at the end of the day, I cant blame anyone else but myself for the purchase. I should know better than to trust people.
                            :evil:

Wait, so you inspected the car, found it acceptable and paid for it, and now you're bitching? You are a complete fucking dumbass. Shit like this pisses me off. This is nobody's fault but your own. Take some fucking responsibility.
                            sigpic
                            "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

yeah i agree^^^^^ you f**ked up. Cope it sweet like the rest off us do when we do it. Shit like this is why the world is going to shit man up and take some responsibilties.

Comment

Working...
                              X