B Randon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markt51 View Post
    Well you deleted the picture of what i requested, so i dont really have an arguing point that i didnt receive what was pictured anymore. I still have the link from the pm i sent you of the picture of the item i wanted, but again, the picture has been deleted from your photobucket.

As i said in the previous post, Im not completely dissatisfied with what i received, i just needed the return springs for the pedal set most importantly, which were pictured, and i requested. As far as packaging, yes it worked for the pedal set, newspaper would have been better(and is free) but as stated, "could have been bad for someone else, but since it was a pedal set, it arrived ok."

I didnt pm you because what i recieved, while yes not the item pictured, works for me because i can just use the base from my auto pedal set. If you would read the full post and not take it as if i were attacking you, you can see that all in all i gave you a good review. I said "My situation worked out since it was just a pedal set."

Edit: Basically the way i worded the whole review as i did, is because these thread are to let people know how the transactions went, arrived, etc. As i said, i am pleased with my transaction as a whole, other than the springs. I just put in everthing about the specific item i got, and the packaging so other potential buyers could guage their interest on your items based the details i noticed
    not saying you are attacking me, just if you had some sort of problem should have pm. as for the pics, yes i delete photos of things that are gone so i dont keep getting any "do you still have" questions. if you still need the spring from the abs to the pedal then pm an i will see if there is a extra one laying around an get it out to you.

Comment

B Randon - good transaction.

I just bought a set of seats and a few other things from B Randon (Brandon)

He was professional, had a lot of inventory and threw in some small bits for free. Giving him a thumbs up.

Comment

Bought from him as well, great seller.

Comment

I also purchased some items from him. Great items! Great Price! Fast Shipping! Great Seller....

Comment

I believe he already has a feedback thread. However I have also had good dealings with him. And I believe he just got marrieds so congrats on that homie!
            sigpic

Comment

B Randond is awesome.
              He dealt with my constant DMs about one item and educated me as well. lol
              Fast shipping and excellent communication.
              Give this guy your money!
              sigpic

Comment

B Randon
                Bought a pair of rear premium black speakers shipped USPS. Perfect shape and packaging.
                Arrived days Sooner than tracking # estimated!! Great seller.

Comment

I purchased a 5 speed swap about 2 weeks ago. It was a 7 hour total drive for me. I got a getrag 260, pedals, clutch master cylinder, clutch line, fly wheel and clutch and drive shaft with the csb. There were a few pieces that were bad that needed to be replaced which was fine because they were all small rubber items (rubber clutch line, shift rod support, shifter boot, etc). I paid his asking price of $400 and chatted for a while. He seemed like a great guy. Pretty smart and knew his stuff. Once I got all the new pieces from BMW I started on my 5 speed swap. This car is my dd so the swap had to be done in a weekend. A friend of mine and I spent 36 hours on the swap. (Only had a BMW for a month so all new to me). I went to install the drive shaft and immediatly noticed the csb was wrong. Wouldn't even fit. Not a big deal. Just swapped my recently replaced one over. Then the clutch hard line turned out to be a brake line which I couldn't use. Got a new one of those. Finally the swap is done and I start to bleed the clutch. The clutch master was toast. So I had to wait a week to get a new one. The first time I drive the car and the trans turns out to be trash too. Had no 5th gear at all and second ground on down shifts. I texted him and asked if he could help me out because I needed to buy another trans. He did offer to give me a getrag 240. I could not drive another 7 hours to get another trans. And one that wasn't what I wanted to begin with. I ended up saying I would take it. He offered to bring it to the vintage meet if I knew someone going that could bring it back. I couldn't find anyone. However a friend was in the area the night before and offered to get it from his house. I texted him and got no reply. So I lost the only chance to get a replacement trans from him. I have texted him multiple times asking him to give me some of my money back so I can buy another trans and no replies. I have gotten screwed on the entire thing. Instead of a $400 5speed swap I have an $800 swap with a bad trans. I don't have money laying around to throw away like that. And now my car is where it sucks to drive on the interstate. Beware when doing business with this guy. He's not afraid to sell you crap and then just blow you off. I'm pretty mad about the whole ordeal. If he had just refunded part of my money I would have been happy. Parts are bad sometimes. I understand. My friend and I part cars out too. But to just not give a crap that you sold something that doesn't work and not be willing to refund money is just bad business. But whatever. Karma

Sorry for the long rant. Just been in a bad mood all weekend over this

Comment

Originally posted by TaterTot51804 View Post
                    I purchased a 5 speed swap about 2 weeks ago. It was a 7 hour total drive for me. I got a getrag 260, pedals, clutch master cylinder, clutch line, fly wheel and clutch and drive shaft with the csb. There were a few pieces that were bad that needed to be replaced which was fine because they were all small rubber items (rubber clutch line, shift rod support, shifter boot, etc). I paid his asking price of $400 and chatted for a while. He seemed like a great guy. Pretty smart and knew his stuff. Once I got all the new pieces from BMW I started on my 5 speed swap. This car is my dd so the swap had to be done in a weekend. A friend of mine and I spent 36 hours on the swap. (Only had a BMW for a month so all new to me). I went to install the drive shaft and immediatly noticed the csb was wrong. Wouldn't even fit. Not a big deal. Just swapped my recently replaced one over. Then the clutch hard line turned out to be a brake line which I couldn't use. Got a new one of those. Finally the swap is done and I start to bleed the clutch. The clutch master was toast. So I had to wait a week to get a new one. The first time I drive the car and the trans turns out to be trash too. Had no 5th gear at all and second ground on down shifts. I texted him and asked if he could help me out because I needed to buy another trans. He did offer to give me a getrag 240. I could not drive another 7 hours to get another trans. And one that wasn't what I wanted to begin with. I ended up saying I would take it. He offered to bring it to the vintage meet if I knew someone going that could bring it back. I couldn't find anyone. However a friend was in the area the night before and offered to get it from his house. I texted him and got no reply. So I lost the only chance to get a replacement trans from him. I have texted him multiple times asking him to give me some of my money back so I can buy another trans and no replies. I have gotten screwed on the entire thing. Instead of a $400 5speed swap I have an $800 swap with a bad trans. I don't have money laying around to throw away like that. And now my car is where it sucks to drive on the interstate. Beware when doing business with this guy. He's not afraid to sell you crap and then just blow you off. I'm pretty mad about the whole ordeal. If he had just refunded part of my money I would have been happy. Parts are bad sometimes. I understand. My friend and I part cars out too. But to just not give a crap that you sold something that doesn't work and not be willing to refund money is just bad business. But whatever. Karma

Sorry for the long rant. Just been in a bad mood all weekend over this
                    When you came an got the trans i stated to you that i was unsure about the 5th gear in it, i could not get it to shift into 5th while it was in the car from where the subframe was sitting on the control arms and the shifter bushing. an you where more then fine with that. the csb was on the drive shaft an you said it didnt matter you would take your new one and put on it. When it comes to the text the last one i have from you on the 24th is "ill let you know if i find someone." that is the very last text from you. I still have all of them. sorry but you do have my number if your text that you "sent" didnt come in but a phone call works just as well. or even a call from your friend. offered you the 240 bc that is the only 5 speed trans that i have that will work for your car. if i had another 260 would have gave you that one. an if you want the 240 it is still here.

Comment

IMO (which you can take or leave), $400 for a complete swap is pretty reasonable. At that price and with used parts, I think its a reasonable expectation for it to be a bit of a gamble on the trans. Especially when you compare it to the cost of a new or rebuilt trans.

If he had assured you it was in perfect working order, then I would agree that a refund would be in order. But it sounds like he was definitely willing to help you sort it out. Like Brandon, I don't feel you can claim that you seriously tried to get a hold of someone if you didn't even call. People miss texts or they don't go through all the time.

I guess I could be biased since I have met Brandon a couple times and have bought from him once with great success but I don't believe its fair for you to warn people away from doing business with him based on your account of the ordeal. I honestly think you should have been able to find a trans closer to you than 7hours away. You can't blame the seller because of the distance you traveled.

Again, just my opinion. But I think your due diligence should be done fully before you taint a sellers name.
                      sigpic

Comment

I tried to call the night that I found out the trans was bad. The call wouldnt go through and i texted you to call me. you said you had bad signal where you were and i just stuck to text. I sent multiple texts to the day after and never got any replys. yes you told me that the trans wouldnt shift into 5th while it was in the car because the subframe was about to fall off and showed me that it would go in and turn. but once i got it into my car it has no 5th at all. it just grinds. the only chance i had to get the 240 trans was when my friend was up that way. If the text didnt come through to you thats one thing. from my end it just looked like you were ignoring it. thats all. I hate dealing with problems like this over text. nothing can be taken into context. I know you offered the other trans up and i appreciate it. but i no longer own a vehicle worthy of that drive anymore. All I wanted was a little bit of the money back so i could buy another one locally. Like I said. you seemed like a great guy and were very knowledgable about what you worked on. I have never had to post anything bad about someone before and i dont like to. My only reason for posting was what seemed to me like ignored text messages.
                        Last edited by TaterTot51804; 05-27-2013, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Bought a eta cluster from Brandon at the Vintage this past weekend. Installed it today and everything works great. Great price too.

Comment

Purchased 87 cabrio chin spoiler on the 14th, chin spoiler arrived on the 18th. Looks better than I thought it would and he included the mounting hardware without me asking. Good price! Fast shipping! Great seller!
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by JinormusJ
                            Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                            1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                            1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                            1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                            1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Bought random parts off Brandon, great dude. reasonable prices and very knowledgeable.

I havent installed the LSD yet, but it looks ok and feel ok by hand.
                              1987 325iC/5 Alpine White/Cardinal
                              1988 325iS Lachssilber/Natur
                              sigpic

Comment

Very smooth transaction and really fast shipping. I would buy parts from again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
                                "It's a M sport, it has M logos on it."
                                -Miata Driving Douche-

Comment

Working...
                                X