No announcement yet.

328ijunkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final payment was just received, and Dave included some extra money for the trouble that this was.

I HATED that this got all crazy, it is really not my style and frankly made me uncomfortable. My final thoughts are that Dave is not a bad person but he seriously needs to decide if he wants to run a shop and simultaneously sell parts online, and if so he needs to be as dedicated as the average buyer would expect him to be and give timely responses. If when I wrote him to ask about the refund he had just said "money is thin, I'll promise to have it to you by August 30th" I honestly can say that would have been fine with me. Its just the uncertainty and confusion that got this all escalated.

I consider this issue to be completely closed and will reiterate that Dave is a good guy who I think just got overwhelmed with moving his shop and balancing everything. The gesture he made with the extra money on final payment speaks to that. Hopefully the new guy he added will help him streamline things.

In closing, Dave I am gonna take the extra that you gave me and donate it in your name to the local Greyhound Rescue so that some good comes of this.
    E30 M52B28

Comment

I'd like to openly apologize on how long it took and for keeping you in the dark. I'm slowly getting more and more information from Dave and I hope to make sure everything is dealt with in a more timely manner. I do want to thank you for donating the money to a local Greyhound Rescue, That actually means more to me than it may to Dave as I have helped save 2 Greyhounds already and hope to save more in the future.

I do hope you buy from us again and next time I hope it all goes smoother than this fiasco. Thanks again for understanding.

(btw this is Evan so if you need anything else just PM me)

Comment

unfortunate events

Back in February my car developed the signs of a leaky valve seal which I isolated to number four cylinder(front to back), you know engine decelerates and you get the Bat smoke screen out back, along with a fouled spark plug cause it was soaked from the oil build up and of course hesitation. I took this opportunity to refresh everything in this car, Top to bottom. Well my head was taken to the machine shop and I was told I needed over sized guides. Doing the math and trying to do things before the weather got better and customers cars needing attention I figured getting another head with refreshed parts was the better option. My bud Pwagon informed me that 328ijunkie(Dave) had a head for 400.00. I paid for the head and this is where things started.

I paid for the head in May...I wait and wait, and I finally ask Pwagon to get in contact with 328ijunkie, turns out that he has this problem with his landlord and has to move, oh and that he is waiting for a cam-seal...np except that it took almost a month for me to get the head. I didn't care about the cam seal cause I was using my 282 cam from the original head and during this month wait I could have ordered a dozen cam seal via snail mail and not have had to wait this long.

Last week the mechanical stage of my project was complete, I took the car out the next day and let her Idle while I looked for signs of trouble. with no issues under the hood I continued my pre-flight and thats when I noticed the my tail pipe was spitting out the same black condensation out the back, well I chalked it up to residual from previous remains but when it subsided I had what looked like blue smoke, again trying not to think of the feelings about the head, I said "things are new and the car is still warming up". After an hour and a half I set off. I look in the mirror and there it was BATMAN smoke screen, I was not above 2700rpms so no heavy pedal action to speak of and I wasn't engine braking, came back to the house checked a few things, nothing..lets give it time. Well a weeks(5 days) worth of driving and I go out with the misses and at a light I go to take off and the car stumbles to accelerate. Sh*t I know that feeling. next morning take plugs out and 1,2,5 are toast(not 4 like before) and my oil light was on...WHAT! I had only driven 200 miles, I replace the affected plugs and a Qt and a half of oil. I drive around again, highway speeds another 250 miles done and it happened again. I replaced affected plugs again and add oil AGAIN. I trailer the car to NY cause I was driving it back down, this was a 36 hour turn around, well I changed the plugs again in D.C. and oil and oil again in N.C.(south of the border) and stretched it till I got home at 2am friday. I AM PISSED, but I make contact with 328ijunkie and keep a good head.

Last edited by pilotskillse30; 10-13-2011, 06:58 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Interesting

Waiting for his response.

Have done business with Dave before and he has always been a stand up guy.

Originally posted by Roysneon
          $5 shipped?
          Originally posted by MarkD
          You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

He texted me and said he was going to try to reach you Monday when he got back to work. Hopefully you guys work it out.

$5 shipped?

Comment

I don't have good feelings about this!, thanks for contacting him
              sigpic

Comment

No worries man. Just hate seeing shit like this. Truly hope you guys come to some kind of understanding.

$5 shipped?

Comment

This matter is resolved...Thank you Dave
                  sigpic

Comment

I had a customer's car do that to me after a head rebuild. Fresh seals, machined head, checked for cracks and all. Turned out to be the Victor Reinz head gasket failed after just a couple weeks and was dumping oil in the chambers. Stem seals were all new.
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by pilotskillse30 View Post
                      This matter is resolved...Thank you Dave

Great news

$5 shipped?

Comment

Paid for a Mishimoto Aluminum radiator and they went out of stock right when I paid.
                        Was told that they would hopefully get them in mid april, but that didn't happen.
                        Now the site states early may. It is now early may.
                        At first communication is awesome, but now I have PM'd and emailed with no luck.
                        Starting to get worried!!!

UPDATE:

I got the radiator! It was over a month later, but I believe this was out of Dave's hands.
                        He must have gotten quite busy when communication was scarce.
                        Last edited by craiggroves91; 06-11-2012, 09:09 AM.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                        1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                        1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                        1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

You got your rad correct?

Check Us out on Facebook
                          Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                          Full Product Line Tuning
                          OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Dave is good people! If you need ANYTHING E30 24v related, contact Markert Motorworks! Dave called me internationally and talked me through testing my wiring, relays, etc. to try to diagnose my M50 no start issue. After about an hour and a half he confirmed that my wiring was correct and I had power going where it should and that everything was properly grounded. Narrowed it down to a bad DME or CPS, I found both locally, popped in the new DME and it fired right up.

Contact this guy for any 24v issues, he knows his stuff and is super patient.
                            For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                            Originally posted by mbonanni
                            I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Overall my experience with Dave has been a positive one.

Yes, he is a very busy guy and sometimes his response times can be delayed but my experience is that this happens when he is covered up in his shop.

Dave will get back in touch with you and he's always been able to answer my questions. If you're not happy with something he will do what he can to make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                                You got your rad correct?
                                Yes! I updated my post
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                                1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                                1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                                1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Working...
                                X