No announcement yet.

KO Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placed an order about 2 weeks ago over the phone with Sherwin, and everything was set I was very pleased with the service. I was disappointed with how long it took to ship though, but I do understand the warehouse was backed up or flooded with orders and I wasn't in any rush to install these suspension parts.

It was funny that Sherwin sent me an e-mail with my tracking info the same time the guys tried to deliver. I ended up going to the shipping company warehouse and there were some cute girls working.

So all in all everything worked out haha.

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
      Erick and the team do it again. In a jam over the weekend, email/pm and taken care of first thing in the morning.

Selling mods is nice, but going out of your way to get peoples rides back on the road is priceless...

Thanks
      ZM
      Damn right, KO was on it. Thanks for the fast shipping guys. Should be up and running tomorrow.

:bow:
      turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
      Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

Originally posted by Mischief3003 View Post
        I have placed two orders with KO and I wasn't pleased at all. It took almost a month to recieve one order, and 2 weeks just to ship one part. During this time they didn't send me any update on my orders. I had to call and find out what the hell was going on. The customer service was good with Erik, But everything else was bad. Overall I was disappointed with the company. After reading all of the positive feedback I expected more from them. I wish that they would have sent me emails to keep me update on my orders and would have maybe upgraded me to express shipping or something to copensate.

Matt
        EDIT: KO responded to me with an email notifying me that my second order was overnight shipping which made me very happy. They also told me that many of the parts from my first order had to come from BMW in Germany which I can understand, and that they are getting backed up on orders from the gaining popularity. I'm glad that they explained to me what happened. After all that has happened, I would buy from them again. They know e30's.

Same boat here. My brother-in-law placed an order of just one part, then waited 3 weeks, didn't here anything then he emailed them and they expressed shipped it to him. I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I ordered on March 8th.

< 1 > UUC-BMW-REDLNMT90 2 $10.95 Redline MT-90 $21.90
        < 2 > 11131273093-36 2 $1.54 Engine Oil Drain Plug 12 X 1.5 mm. This part is manufactured by: FEBI. Applications: X5 3.0 SAV. See below for more applications! $3.08
        < 3 > 11531287651-101 1 $9.03 Water Hose Water Pump to Thermostat Housing. This part is manufactured by: ELAPLAST. Applications: 325, e, es E30 325i, is E30 325iC, iX E30. See below for more applications! $9.03
        < 4 > 11531718980-101 1 $7.65 Radiator Hose Lower. This part is manufactured by: ELAPLAST. Applications: 325 from 09/87 E30 325i, is from 09/87 E30 325iX, iC form 09/87 E30. See below for more applications! $7.65
        < 5 > 11531722218-101 1 $9.21 Radiator Hose Upper. This part is manufactured by: ELAPLAST. Applications: 325 from 09/87 E30 325i, is from 09/87 E30 325iX, iC from 09/87 E30. See below for more applications! $9.21
        < 6 > 12317677914-9 1 $3.81 Adjusting Nut Toothed Nut for Adjusting Alternator Belt, Power Steering Belt and A/C Belt. This part is manufactured by: GENUINE BMW. Applications: 318i,is,iC M4 2 E36. See below for more application $3.81
        < 7 > 07119932095-9 1 $0.03 Aluminum Washer (Wave Washer). This part is manufactured by: GENUINE BMW. Applications: 528i E39. See below for more applications! $0.03
        < 8 > 11531275881-9 1 $2.76 Bleeder Screw in Thermostat Housing. This part is manufactured by: GENUINE BMW. Applications: 325, e, es E30 325i, is E30 325iC, iX E30. See below for more applications! $2.76
        < 9 > 07119963151-131 4 $0.28 Copper Washer (12 X 17 X 1.5 mm) Oil Pan Drain Plug. This part is manufactured by: FISCHER & PLATH. Applications: 328i,is,iC E36. See below for more applications!

Then I emailed them March 29th asking what the status of my order is. I told him I am waiting on these parts to get my car going and I ordered a larger order of parts from fap99 and pelican at the same time and there's came in within a week.

He emailed me back and said we are busy and doing the best we can then doesnt say we will ship express or anything, here is the quote from his email " I completely understand what it is to be waiting on parts to get going and even I am having to wait on parts for my own race car. (I missed an event this past weekend due to a motor not being in the car, so I'm not the happiest one either)"

This really made me mad. I couldn't give a crap about his racecar, this is the car that gets me from point A to B. I eventually got my parts on April 9th, and they still left parts out. I emailed them about why was I misssing parts that I ordered and they said they were behind and will ship the other parts later! I eventually got the other parts and will never order from them again.

Sorry about my long post.

Comment

Awesome !!

I placed a rather large special order with Erick for e30 M3 5 lug parts and am very pleased with the service he and KO performance have given to me. It did take a little longer than expected but most of the parts had to come from Germany, which is totally understandable and expected. Erick and KO had, BY FAR, the best prices on these parts from all the quotes I had gotten on the list I needed. :p

I am very pleased with my experience with them, that I have already placed another special order through them. Can't wait to get those parts as well... :p

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Comment

I honestly didn't know anything about KO Performance until about a month ago when I saw them mentioned here on the board. Since I was looking for a replacement brake package for my E30 M3, I checked their prices and was amazed at how good they were. That order was delayed due to some items not in stock, but since I wasn't in a hurry for them it was fine. I did call about the delay and spoke to Erick who fully explained what had happened.

Me and a buddy of mine are now in the process of rebuilding a couple of E30's we picked up for real cheap. When deciding on the parts to order, I once again found KO had some of the best prices available. We needed these parts in a hurry, so we called KO and got Sherwin on the phone. Twice we placed orders with Sherwin and kept him on the phone for at least 30-45 minutes each time (hey, we had some big parts orders!) and each time he was very helpful and patient with us. On top of that, he understood we needed the parts quickly and made us a great price on the parts and threw in 2 day shipping for free.

Needless to say I have found where I will be ordering most of my parts from now on!
            Eric Giles
            '20 M2 CS
            '04 M3
            '11 X5 35D
            '87 325is
            '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

nothing to see here...
              Last edited by buzdof; 05-27-2008, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Well, in a case like this, why don't you just pick up the phone and call them? I know e-mail is convenient, but there isn't a substitute for a one on one conversation. I am sure they will make it right.
                Last edited by Eric Giles; 05-23-2008, 04:02 PM.
                Eric Giles
                '20 M2 CS
                '04 M3
                '11 X5 35D
                '87 325is
                '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Giles View Post
                  Well, in a case like this, why don't you just pick up the phone and call them? I know e-mail is convenient, but there isn't a substitute for a one on one conversation. I am sure they will make it right.

I can't because of my work schedule and at work I'm nowhere near a phone and I don't get cell reception either. I would love to call them though...

Comment

hrmmmmm....

I've been waiting for 6 days for a reply from them about MBZ parts for the family car.

My last purchase in Feb was all e30 stuff, and was shipped relatively quick, approx 10-12days for the order to completely arrive.

What gives, Erich? :roll:

Comment

It's 2am and I just got home from work->shop->home. I've been training a new guy all week (David), fighting a $5000 chargeback from someone's scam attempt to score a free supercharger kit on our account, and I'm also trying to prepare my beat to sh*t track car for a 3000 mile trip this weekend.

Sorry man, we've been really busy. I still have your e-mail there, along with 30 other RFQs.

Now for some sleep. Tomorrow I go to the parts store and then to work again. I'll try to get your inquiry replied then. That's my personal bad on this one.

- Erick
                      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

i placed an order on may 6th for some exhaust seals... i've yet to recieve them. Ive called several times (including twice before posting) and got no answer. i spoke to a representative roughly 2 weeks ago and he assured me that he would send me an email with the shipping information and that it would be sent out immediately... I have no email and no parts.

2008013124 is my invoice number

< 1 > 18111245960-213 1 $3.57 Exhaust Seal Ring 42 mm. This part is manufactured by: D P H. Applications: 325i, is E30 325iC, iX E30. See below for more applications! $3.57
                        < 2 > 18111723541-131 1 $4.02 Exhaust Seal Ring 45 mm. This part is manufactured by: FISCHER & PLATH. Applications: 535i, is E28. See below for more applications! $4.02
                        Originally posted by ebelements
                        Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Giles View Post
                          They reason why I dont' pick up the phone and call them is because I am sick of leaving voice mails, they NEVER pick up.

I ordered shocks and underdrive pulleys on the 8th of May, Sherwin said they should be here by the end of the week. Sweet, I think to myself. Well two weeks went by and no parts. I sent them an e-mail since they say that is the best way to get in touch with them, and they never got back to me. Two days later I called them and left a voice mail because they don't pick up the phone. After two more days of them not getting back to me I called and left a voicemail expressing how I was not very happy that they are not returning my calls or e-mails.

A few minutes later Erick called me back and told me that they are trying to sort out a fraud with a supercharger order and are waiting for the rear shocks still. They told me that they would second day everything when it go here. I told him that I need the underdrive pulleys so I could get my engine up and running, the shocks are just a plus. So he agreed that he would send the stuff right away and sent the rest when it comes in. Well it has been almost a month total and still no parts and once again I am having trouble getting in touch with them.

I have heard a lot of good so I thought that this would be the company to go through. I am personally not having good luck with them, it has been a very slow process of getting my parts. I understand of stuff is back ordered from supplier, but communicaion needs to be better.
                          Last edited by justin_l_; 06-02-2008, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Now that's a sad state of affairs. Business 101: Under promise over deliver. Never Complain or explain, Just get the job done.

BAS is cheaper anyway.

Comment

Guys, even though I took a leave of absence for my trip to the west coast for June, I gotta step in. I'm usually against posting on feedback threads that in some way involve me, but here goes:

Yes, we have been backed up, but we're working the best way we get.

Miano, under your "business 101" idea, we're still on the ball. We're getting the job done, as we can. Unfortunetly this has not been as quick and as easy as possible. There are a few guys who are backed up, everyone with their own individual reasons.... the main guys who seem to be the most backed up are guys with Bilstein orders.

Yes, we are busy. Yes, response time is short of optimum. No, not everyone is getting their parts immediately. But also yes, everyone at the office is trying their best.

We're not here to scam anyone. We did hit a few bumps on the road in the past few months, but sh*t happens sometimes. No one at KO is about to simply go cry in the corner and let it all go down the drain.

That being said, I am flying to the west coast early next week as driving there this week fell through. If anyone has any issues, you can contact Sherwin or David at the office. I can try to help, but not being at the office, I'd have to call, just as everyone else would.

It might take a bit of persistance, yes... but we are logging voicemails (as we always do) to try to get back to everyone. Until we can get caught up with set backs, and have sales reps focus on sales and customer support as they should, then we will probably not be at 100% optimum efficiency.

We (and I speak for all of KO) do thank anyone who has been having trouble with their orders and is patiently waiting.

- Erick
                              Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                              EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                              FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                              NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                              Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                              ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

patience finally paid off... I got to speak with Sherwin today, and place my order!
                                Last edited by sennasixty8; 06-12-2008, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X