Discount Tire Direct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount Tire Direct

I just received great customer service from Discount Tire Direct and thought I would pass along the experience. About 6-7 weeks ago I ordered tires for the new-to-me E39 M5. Discount Tire Direct had a special on Michelin, so I ordered from them. When the tires arrived I checked the date codes. Three had late 2019 date codes but one had a 2418 date code. I contacted Discount Tire Direct customer service about exchanging the tire for a newer one. The CSR I dealt with throughout the process is named John Pleet. His attitude from our first discussion has been "whatever it takes to make you happy." He checked all the Discount Tire warehouses and determined they didn't have any newer replacement tires in stock, so he offered to have a replacement drop shipped from a Michelin distribution center local to me. I didn't want that because there was no way to check the production date before receiving the replacement, so we decided that I would just hold the tire for a month and then contact him again to see if Discount Tire had received any new tires.

Approximately 3 weeks later, John reached back out because he had located a newer tire. He put it on hold, sent me a return label and then shipped me the replacement tire after receiving the return. The replacement tire was made in Feb 2020!

I have an unenviable ability to buy cars with bad tires and sell cars with great tires, so I've bought many tires in my life, usually from Sam's Club. John Pleet's great customer service has now made me a loyal Discount Tire Direct customer.

Cory
    1992 325i Cabrio
    1988 320i Touring
    2000 M5
    1977 530i
    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
    BMWCCA
    E30CCA

X2. We have been using them at work for many years. They often beat local supply house prices if the customer can wait a couple days.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

That's the way to do it, read reviews/tests on TR, buy from DTD. Of course since TR decided to re-implement free shipping they aren't outlandishly expensive anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        That's the way to do it, read reviews/tests on TR, buy from DTD. Of course since TR decided to re-implement free shipping they aren't outlandishly expensive anymore.
        Shop between them and it's often a wash, or close to it. We go through tires almost as fast as toilet paper did in Feb 2020
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Does DTD also include hazard insurance? I have always used TR, sometimes they are little more, sometimes right on and occasionally a bit less but their customer support has always been top notch, as well as their reviews. I would try DTD, but to be honest, a little more money (sometimes the same) paid to a company who is doing all the research and testing is the right thing to do if you are going to use that research to make an informed purchase. It costs them more in their business model to provide that service.
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
            Does DTD also include hazard insurance? I have always used TR, sometimes they are little more, sometimes right on and occasionally a bit less but their customer support has always been top notch, as well as their reviews. I would try DTD, but to be honest, a little more money (sometimes the same) paid to a company who is doing all the research and testing is the right thing to do if you are going to use that research to make an informed purchase. It costs them more in their business model to provide that service.
            DTD does offer road hazard insurance for an additional fee. They will also let you purchase it for a short time after you purchase the tires.
            1992 325i Cabrio
            1988 320i Touring
            2000 M5
            1977 530i
            2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
            BMWCCA
            E30CCA

Comment

Working...
            X